BJJ grappling Khabib vs Gordon Ryan

Sherwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Anyone else would love to see this? I understand Gordon is the GOAT, but Khabib's mystical aura, rumors grappling and almost lifetime undefeated record in combat would make this a must-watch. I would pay top PPV dollars to see it, how about you bros? It's not that much of a fantasy matchup either since Khabib promised his mom he wouldn't fight MMA again. If there's enough fan interest in it, we can make it happen like Conor and Floyd. Let's go bros!

Come on dude. Gordon is the BJJ GOAT, in his prime, and spends all day every focused on specifically that skill. Khabib's MMA grappling is a completely different thing. Not to mention Gordon is way, way bigger than Khabib. There's really zero intrigue in this.... Gordon would do whatever he wants to Khabib in a BJJ match.

It's not at all like Conor/Floyd- In that situation, Floyd was the smaller guy and older/retired. So at least there was something there to sell to the casuals.... In this situation, every single element favors Gordon Ryan. If Gordon was old and retired and the much smaller guy.... then maybe you could sell something. But there's nothing here.

Khabib and Islam would both get submitted by Kade Ruotolo who's their size, let's not even talk about Gordon Ryan it would be a joke.

Khabib is great but these 8 second clips of them looking good vs Olympians yet we have never seen them in an actual wrestling match. These gym stories of them consistently tapping ADCC champions yet for whatever reason Khabib never competed in the ADCCs? Oh and apparently Khabib trains at a kickboxing academy but never loses rounds to elite strikers, coulda been a Glory champ if he wanted. I have begun to feel his camp is a little selective about matchmaking and has realized that promoting himself and his guys as unbeatable is a great tactic but it's begun to feel very manufactured to me.

Isnt ryan like 6 something 223 plus pounds ? Of juice .

Why 5'9 khabib?

Maybe Khamzat should go... He apparently Kiells everyone..and is closer in size..

I doubt we ever see it tno

Khabib and Islam would both get submitted by Kade Ruotolo who's their size, let's not even talk about Gordon Ryan it would be a joke.

Khabib is great but these 8 second clips of them looking good vs Olympians yet we have never seen them in an actual wrestling match. These gym stories of them consistently tapping ADCC champions yet for whatever reason Khabib never competed in the ADCCs? Oh and apparently Khabib trains at a kickboxing academy but never loses rounds to elite strikers, coulda been a Glory champ if he wanted. I have begun to feel his camp is a little selective about matchmaking and has realized that promoting himself and his guys as unbeatable is a great tactic but it's begun to feel very manufactured to me.
khabib doesnt have to promote himself as unbeatable. his record shows that he is

Khabib in his prime was a little runt his grappling skills weren't so spectacular but very effective (good Judo basics)

Gordon is all a bjj grappler very skillful

But I'd bet for khabib, for his strength and judo pressure

In a grappling match Gordon would make Khabib look pretty bad, it wouldn't even be close. Gordon is also 2-3 weight classes bigger.

Khabib in his prime was a little runt his grappling skills weren't so spectacular but very effective (good Judo basics)

Gordon is all a bjj grappler very skillful

But I'd bet for khabib, for his strength and judo pressure

Why? That "strength and Judo pressure" didn't keep Gordon from tapping other monstrous Heavyweights (including several UFC veterans) with contemptuous ease, many of which come from Sambo, wrestling, or Judo backgrounds. Gordon toyed with Alexei Oleinik (before he was a totally shopworn mess) and kneebarred him in a little over one minute. He triangled Josh Barnett off his back. He heel hooked Gabriel Gonzaga in a minute flat. He's also no stranger to beating strong wrestlers: he's beaten Nicky Rod (former collegiate wrestler and athletic freak of nature) multiple times, tapped Bo Nickal in a mixed-rules match where he wasn't even able to use leg-locks or pull guard and where Bo could score with takedowns, and he also submitted Pat Downey (US National freestyle wrestling champion). John Danaher's guys are known for incorporating an extensive amount of wrestling and Judo into their games compared to other sport BJJ guys; it's why they use terms from the Judo syllabus for many of their techniques.

On top of that all that, there's the teensy elephant in the room that Gordon is 6'2" and competes at anywhere from 218 to 232 pounds and is juiced to the fucking gills. In MMA terms, if he was cutting weight he'd be a monstrous Middleweight or a very solid Light Heavyweight. With a bit of additional bulk packed on he'd be a probably be a serviceable small Heavyweight a la Tanner Boser, Chris Daukaus, or Jailton Almeida.

Gordon would take Khabib's leg home in his gym bag inside the distance. Or choke him out. Whatever he wanted to do, really.

Last edited:
Gordan takes this without much of a hassle tbh if you're talking grappling only

Horrible thread

Back