BJJ in Bend, OR and the PNW

Connection Rio

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
After returning to the Pacific Northwestern United States following a combined twelve plus years in Rio de Janeiro I am very proud of the athletes we are brining up at CRA. When I originally left my hometown of Bend, Oregon in search of higher training there was only one black belt in the state. It was great to see the growth of Jiu-Jitsu here in the PNW to what it has become today. I look forward to continually helping develop an outstanding new generation of jiujiteiros with the knowledge brought back from around the world.

Last edited:
Fabiano Scherner runs an ATT affiliate in Portland. Come on by sometime

What happened to connection Rio?
After returning to the US, it was difficult to maintain the overall experience that I was able to offer guests from abroad. So, I closed it down with plans to reopen in Brazil and the US.

Fabiano Scherner runs an ATT affiliate in Portland. Come on by sometime
Thank you for the invite. I always appreciate good training. That said, between running an academy in Oregon and Washington it isn’t likely I will be there anytime soon. On the other hand doors are open at Connection Rio if you’d like to stop by.

Thank you for the invite. I always appreciate good training. That said, between running an academy in Oregon and Washington it isn’t likely I will be there anytime soon. On the other hand doors are open at Connection Rio if you’d like to stop by.
im a striking coach here but would be happy to swing by next time I’m out that way

I competed in the same division as one of your Brown Belts at Master Worlds. Didn't get a chance to compete against him but he looked really technical.

I competed in the same division as one of your Brown Belts at Master Worlds. Didn't get a chance to compete against him but he looked really technical.

Thank you sir. That was Danny Fry, who came home with Bronze (in a stacked division) after being out pointed in the semi-finals with the Gold medalist. Another one of the Connection Rio athletes who always represents us well.
386225B0-5B44-4D82-BF20-5780F8D499C2.jpeg He is also a talented artist. He painted our mural at the academy.

Back