BJJ Scout: Kazushi Sakuraba v. Renzo Gracie Metamoris 5

That was an awesome hype video. I'm pumped for this match now in a way I wasn't before.

Teached?

Novel prize?

You stoped to watch? Was everyone high?

Damn even BJJ Scout must've been toking. LOL. I'm sure he meant blurrier. But I'm just guessing.
I think the majority of people you quoted - BJJ Scout included - isn't native English speakers.

Who are you guys taking in this match? Saku getting tapped is the consensus i assume?

sadly, yes.

he's been getting subbed left and right in mma... i mean, before that, his ear fell off. he is quite literally falling apart, physically. i like to think he would've won under this format if he was still the guy from early 2000s, but he isn't. he's old, he's injured, and he's been drinking and smoking for ages. there was also talk about him not really having anyone to train with.

i'll be praying for him to the old gods and the new, but he is going to lose. it is known.

sadly, yes.

he's been getting subbed left and right in mma... i mean, before that, his ear fell off. he is quite literally falling apart, physically. i like to think he would've won under this format if he was still the guy from early 2000s, but he isn't. he's old, he's injured, and he's been drinking and smoking for ages. there was also talk about him not really having anyone to train with.

i'll be praying for him to the old gods and the new, but he is going to lose. it is known.

in the promo, when he was on his own in the zoom in shot, that hit me right here.

if renzo takes saku down that will be really really sad, it will show to what extent he deteriorated honestly all we can hope is that saku gets him in an unconventional hold during a scramble but no way is saku gonna pass his guard

I think Renzo will have the edge, but I don't know if I see him tapping out Saku. I think we might be in for a draw.

Proof that human beings are still worth a damn. Thanks BJJ Scout!

I think the majority of people you quoted - BJJ Scout included - isn't native English speakers.

I think he just gets sloppy during editing. Maybe he should get some eng lessons from a native speaker like SC, and get some lessons in filters/fades/scene transitions along the way.

Thinkning aobut how PRIDE and takada screwed saku over makes me mad. Saku should be sitting on million(s) like wand, cro cop, nogs, hunt, tito, chuck, ect.

that was very good, the ending gave me that warm nostalgic feeling. i wish mma was still like that, the evolution of the sport and athletes is incredible but there was something special about that era.

I almost cried.

Hold me tight, gi.

Holy shit, now that is how you write a story with a short video. Stu, get off the ab roller and take some notes. I wasn't really all that interested in this match and even with out interviews I now feel the need to watch.

The ending was awesome, the golden era was something special.

I think he just gets sloppy during editing. Maybe he should get some eng lessons from a native speaker like SC, and get some lessons in filters/fades/scene transitions along the way.

Good thing about his videos though is they have value and knowledge to share, and are appreciated. Unlike this sloppy post that offers worthless critiques and doesn't have any redeeming qualities to speak of.

Good thing about his videos though is they have value and knowledge to share, and are appreciated. Unlike this sloppy post that offers worthless critiques and doesn't have any redeeming qualities to speak of.

calm down, I was just trying to make a point about guys who rag on him ((while making grammar errors of their own - "isn't" should be aren't) for his English while giving someone who clearly has bigger expression issues a pass cause they are from the motherland.

A little disappointed he had to disparage Sak's grappling ability in order to set up his story. He also could of mentioned Sak will be able to roll for the legs and go to turtle without a fear of being punched. Also could of mentioned the fact that the BJJ positional Hierarchy won't help (points) unless Renzo can finish.

To much MMA talk in this video about a sub only grappling match IMO. But still fun to watch!

To much MMA talk in this video about a sub only grappling match IMO. But still fun to watch!
I know it claims to be, but it wasn't really a video about the upcoming match as much as a history lesson on two great fighters' styles.

I don't think it disparaged Sakuraba's grappling ability - hell, it felt a lot like a Saku tribute video in many ways - it just pointed out that he didn't really do guard, whether passing or using it himself. I mean, I know exactly what you reacted to, and I understand where you're coming from, but as the rest of it basically was a love letter to the guy, that softens that blow a little.

I know it claims to be, but it wasn't really a video about the upcoming match as much as a history lesson on two great fighters' styles.

I don't think it disparaged Sakuraba's grappling ability - hell, it felt a lot like a Saku tribute video in many ways - it just pointed out that he didn't really do guard, whether passing or using it himself. I mean, I know exactly what you reacted to, and I understand where you're coming from, but as the rest of it basically was a love letter to the guy, that softens that blow a little.

Thanks for the insight. Makes more sense now!

Back