Black belt promotion

codemonkey76

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I haven't posted here for a long time, life just gets in the way and I have no time to post on the forums anymore... I used to work in IT and had plenty of time to waste, nowadays i work a hard job our in the sun and have not time to waste.

I just thought I would pop back in to let you guys know that I competed in the Pan Pacific Championships last weekend and had my best performace yet at Brown Belt, took away gold in 3 div's
Master Brown Belt Middleweight Gi Division
Master Brown Belt Middleweight No-Gi Division
Master Brown Belt Openweight No-Gi Division

and took silver in:
Master Brown Belt Openweight Gi Division.

And to top off the weekend, my instructor Daniel Lima promoted me to Black Belt on the podium. It was a pretty epic experience, it was a total shock and left me pretty much speachless. The messages of support from everyone on facebook even from random people who I have never met has been pretty overwhelming.

Here are some of my matches from the weekend:
https://www.facebook.com/jasmine.jelic/videos/1127636807264293/?pnref=story
[YT]MbKTZkfn2hU[/YT]
[YT]1wMNyPP4Uuk[/YT]
[YT]4Faphi2yso0[/YT]
[YT]KUteveNQDrQ[/YT]

congrats! I remember what seems like forever ago when you were a white belt (or early blue) posting on aesopian's half guard thread :0)

So, you were sandbagging for the competition, hey? :wink:
But seriously, I couldn't imagine a better weekend than what you had, it must have been awesome. Congratulations on the wins and the belt :cool:

Congratulations. My team mates started with Daniel Lima back in the days in Aucklsnd . .
Thank you for replying to the FB ask a referee.
Well done.

That sounds like an awesome day. Congratulations!

Congrats, Shane. I remember watching your matches at purple belt that you used to post, right around when you started teaching. Well deserved, your commitment and development shows.

55qeit.jpg

[YT]Iu3l7YEwUo4[/YT]

Very cool stuff. Congratulations.

That Renato Laranja video is hilarious. "Australia or Queensland or wherever the F' you guys are", talking about aborigines and James Brown, an impression of a didgeridoo... priceless...

Congratulations. Was that really quick submission a knee bar?

Awesome news, and well deserved after many long years of hard work.

Congratulations.

You've always been a good contributor on here.

Soooo....your a black belt who just noob stomped the brown belt for 3 gold and 1 silver medal? Your coach purposely delayed your promotion until after the competition. I'm sure he didn't just decided or realized that your a black belt. but congrats

That's exactly what I plan to do when I grow up. Sand bag the white belt, blue belt, purple belt and brown belt. And have gold medals in all the division. Not sure what to do about black belt though :(

Soooo....your a black belt who just noob stomped the brown belt for 3 gold and 1 silver medal? Your coach purposely delayed your promotion until after the competition. I'm sure he didn't just decided or realized that your a black belt. but congrats

That's exactly what I plan to do when I grow up. Sand bag the white belt, blue belt, purple belt and brown belt. And have gold medals in all the division. Not sure what to do about black belt though :(

Lol there's always one guy in every thread

Back