Social Black people are 2.9 times more likely than white people to be killed by cops, report says

well the guy's study was basically dismissing himself.
respect that he published anyway.
imagine how many studies like this, where the conclusion is the beginning of the study, end up hidden or destroyed when the results contradict the world view.
"oh the study results say there's less oppression that i imagined? fuck, gotta destroy that! i need to still get conference invites!"

the intellectual capitulation in social studies is enormous.

The Entire BLM Movement, fueled and abetted by University "intellectuals" and race baiting Politicians was completely built on lies.

GettyImages-1232431043.jpg

Cities burned, businesses looted, Police Departments hamstrung, people killed...

Never again will I entertain the "Systematic Institutional Racism" narrative again.

incredibly rare? that's pure lying.
you should go on X and read all the kill whitey comments.
and yeah i'm surprised. the worst of the left are legit psychos. you become a target by demolishing their ideological beliefs, especially the core one which is about oppression, and one might come for you. this guy is brave to come out with his study.

You know it's true, the right practically has a monopoly on violence.

They spin mad yarns and fairy tales to make it sound otherwise, which is why they focus so hard on every story about any other group and completely ignore what they're doing. Their latest angle is trans people are as dangerous as evangelicals, which is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

You absolutely know this, you aren't stupid and know the overwhelmingly conservative FBI wouldn't lie about about where the danger lies. I'm guessing you just love the chaos.

I'm not saying there aren't crazy people on the left, I'm saying there's absolutely no comparison. I'm also saying the chances someone on the left would kill an economist for writing a flawed study are zero, which you also know is true.

Yea it's very telling, the demand for racism is very outweighed by the supply. That's why people jumped al in the Smollet thing and other fake hate crimes. The high they get from the virtue signaling from it all is powerful along with the victim complex.

The supply isn't even close to being exhausted.

You're singing a very old song that people have used to pretend everything is fine and some people are just crazy or crooked.

I have no idea why it's so important to you guys to pretend some people aren't getting a raw deal. You seem to have absolutely no empathy.

I don't mean to make anyone repeat themselves, but this is a pretty long thread.

Has anyone run the numbers in reverse, on how many cops are killed by each race?

Thats insane. I suppose you think the BLM riots don't count as violence.

I think you called all riots BLM to make yourself feel better, when their message was overwhelmingly peaceful.

I imagine you consider all civil unrest to be from the left, like the Rodney King riots. That's flawed and convenient thinking, and I'm sure it serves you well.

There are times I think you might be genuine and sincere, and wonder what road led you to thinking and saying the things you do. The facts are not on your side, and you're too smart to believe otherwise.

I think you called all riots BLM to make yourself feel better, when their message was overwhelmingly peaceful.

I imagine you consider all civil unrest to be from the left, like the Rodney King riots. That's flawed and convenient thinking, and I'm sure it serves you well.

There are times I think you might be genuine and sincere, and wonder what road led you to thinking and saying the things you do. The facts are not on your side, and you're too smart to believe otherwise.

It wasn't too peaceful here in Minneapolis.

Let's see, 2 billion in damage, 1,000s of arrests 1,000s injured, dozens and dozens of businesses forced to close up for good, and 30+ people murdered.

Yeah that sounds like it was overwhelmingly peaceful. :rolleyes:

The supply isn't even close to being exhausted.

You're singing a very old song that people have used to pretend everything is fine and some people are just crazy or crooked.

I have no idea why it's so important to you guys to pretend some people aren't getting a raw deal. You seem to have absolutely no empathy.
Why would a black actor fake a racist hate crime ?

Jan 6th was overwhelmingly peaceful also. One would say mostly peaceful .

Other studies have concluded similar findings. You can split hairs and say “Black people are more likely to be engaged in the commission of s crime, and therefore more likely to interact with police thereby increasing their chances of being shot.”
However, we know how police patrol. They pull over and engage black people more often. And there is also a UC Davis study that found that there was no correlation between the crime rates in a geographic area and number of police shootings in that same area.

So, there is little doubt in my mind that the disparity here is caused by a lot of implicit bias (see the cop who emptied his clip into his own vehicle due to an acorn falling on it), and some amount of explicit bias. In other words, yes racism is the causal factor, whether it is intentional or unintentional.

Jan 6th was overwhelmingly peaceful also. One would say mostly peaceful .
No, it wasn’t. Maybe the number of people who engaged in breaking into the capitol wasn’t as great as the number of people who didn’t.

But we all know the purpose of the protest was to disrupt the transfer of power. That is inherently an insurrection, not just a “few bad apples fucking things up.”

No, it wasn’t. Maybe the number of people who engaged in breaking into the capitol wasn’t as great as the number of people who didn’t.

But we all know the purpose of the protest was to disrupt the transfer of power. That is inherently an insurrection, not just a “few bad apples fucking things up.”
0 people got charged with insurrection crimes but overall it was mostly peaceful just like BLM riots which appears to be ok according to the other poster

Back