Movies BLACK WIDOW (Debuts with $80 Million at the U.S. Box Office)

If you have seen BLACK WIDOW, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Love Marvel in general but had no interest in a solo BW movie. Ended up being exactly what I thought it would be and didn't enjoy it. Meh.

I liked it.

I still say they waited too long for a Black Widow movie though. She was most interesting to me after Winter Soldier. Came off as a smug super spy/assassin that uses it to mask past traumas. They ruined her post Age of Ultron though. After that she struck me as just a super emo chick constantly moping around about her past. Not that interesting or fun of a character.

I liked it.

I still say they waited too long for a Black Widow movie though. She was most interesting to me after Winter Soldier. Came off as a smug super spy/assassin that uses it to mask past traumas. They ruined her post Age of Ultron though. After that she struck me as just a super emo chick constantly moping around about her past. Not that interesting or fun of a character.

I suspect the reason we didnt get a solo film earlier though was that she ended up being a big part of the Avengers storyline, they basically wanted to have her arc play out over those films rather than in a spin off, the same way you stopped getting solo Ironman films. The Russo's espeically tended to use her alot to sell drama, not just her own but you look at those films and very often when they have a scene were there selling drama they use her for another character to play off of.

The ironic thing here after all the legal arguments about Disney+ is I actually felt this might have been better as a D+ series, it was trying to do a lot in a couple of hours in terms of introducing new characters plus it was having to re heat the drama around the lead character.

I felt parts of the film were almost up to that Winter Solider standard but other parts felt rather undersold and resorted to rather half baked "girl power" to try and cover it.

I thought it was pretty good. Solid acting performances outside of Ray — who should never attempt a Russian Accent.

Loved Florence, charisma, looks, style. Great addition to the MCU.

Liked Helena and Red Guardian as well. Didnt mind him being comic relief as I felt like he had some heart to him.

The bad? Taskmaster. Wow, one of the best most interesting small villains turns into a mentally challenged dope?

Also, strength levels? I didn’t get it at all — was Taskmaster enhanced? I get that they said Widows were selected for genetic profile, but they aren’t super human. Red Guardian should have landed one punch and it should have been over. Not him getting tossed around

I just saw it. Meh, didn't knock my socks off like most other Marvel movies. Could also be because I didn't see it in the theater like the others to be fair.

By Winstons standards it actually wasnt so bad, not on the level of his US accent in The Departed.

Ivan think of 5 Marvel movies worse. So it exceeded expectations

Watched this movie for free on Disney+. Not bad, but certainly not good. Yelena and the Red Guardian were the highlights.

Was super excited to see Taskmaster in a movie (as a kid, I had his first appearance issue).

But then those idiots made him a chick SMDH

250px-Cover_of_Avengers-196.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back