Blaydes heroic effort against Jailton was the most heroic thing I have seen in the octogon

Cazanciocu

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
He got taken down 10 times in the first round, a few times he got lifted in the air and thrown to the ground like a dummy, he looked shooked, confused but NEVER gave up! He hanged in there for dear life, like a true warrior and ended up slaying the brazilian human Blanket.

People say that the fight was boring, actually I think this fight was one of the most incredible fights I have seen: You have a former welterweight BJJ guy throwing around the former NJCAA 285 LBS CATEGORY WRESTLING CHAMPION like it was him who was the BJJ guy and the former welterweight. Then you have Blaydes heroic effort which was truly inspiring.

More heroic than Anderson’s last-minute triangle on Chael?
Or Fedor surviving the Randlemanplex to kimura Randleman seconds later?
Or Pat Barry coming back to KO Kongo?
(EDIT: or, you know, Kongo might’ve come back to KO Barry, lol. God I hate making dumb mistakes like that)
Lesnar surviving rd 1 against Carwin to side choke him in the 2nd?

<{1-8}>

Last edited:

<{1-8}>
First reply smoked OP, dang.

Curtis did well, but I don't think it tops any of those examples, especially considering the context around each.

He didn't look shook to me lol, I thought he looked bored, like a big brother letting his little bro muscle him around for a bit until he gets tired. After that first round he probably thought 'ok, this guy literally can't do anything to me, he's just pushing me around'

If you took someone down 10 times in a round it just means you couldn't hold them down.

Also you've got Cormier rolling his eyes about them being mat returns, not real takedowns.

He didn't look shook to me lol, I thought he looked bored, like a big brother letting his little bro muscle him around for a bit until he gets tired. After that first round he probably thought 'ok, this guy literally can't do anything to me, he's just pushing me around'

This and this.

DC jerks off to wrestling, and even he said he said he considered all those "takedowns" as just mat returns because Jailton was never solidifying any of them.

If anyone looked shook, it was Jailton. He went back to his corner looking terrified because he knew he was getting tired without really getting Blaydes down and even remotely close to any position where he could have finished him or easily controlled him without wasting more energy.

And then he came out trying to strike a bit because he knew his crap wrestling wasn't going to hold up against someone who isn't a bum like Lewis. He looked frightened and sloppy with his striking, because he knew it wasn't working and that he was going to have to soon go back to wasting his energy grappling.

And then he did just that and Big Blaydes dropped the belly on him and caved his Brazilian Blanket head in.

It was brilliant stuff, and it was quite heroic, I agree.

<{1-8}>
The Lesnar/Carwin fight was fucking wild, Brock earned my respect for life that night.

It wasn't really heroic at all tbh. More accurate to say it was intelligent. For the first time, I saw Curtis Blaydes show good fight IQ. He knew that Jailton wasn't hurting him with the grappling, so he waited for his opportunity and seized it.

Similar to how Lewis timed him when they fought. He patiently waited with an uppercut for Blaydes.

<{1-8}>
I could swear Kongo got KO'd twice by Barry and then came back to KO him

Back