News Blaydes out, Black Beast in against Malhadinho

Who wins?

• Total voters
Does nothing for Almeida. If he wins he’s supposed to. If he loses all his momentum is gone. If Lewis wins it’s a waste because he’s never going to be taken seriously as a contender again. Will watch though as I have no life lol.

It would be funny yeah but it's not good for the division for Lewis to win, we already know he is not top 5 / champ material. Doesn't do any good for the UFC to have him snuff out a possible future contender.
Don't care I'm here for the lols

c9db76b63ec8dfabc4164728e34f18ab.png

Don't count him out.

You know there's a thread about this fight, right?

What a bummer, this was one of my most anticipated fights this year. Two of the best grapplers at HW going at it.

If Almeida wins he should not get penalized for it, I think he’s ready for a title eliminator with a win.
I mean, wrestler vs grappler, yea

Does nothing for Almeida. If he wins he’s supposed to. If he loses all his momentum is gone. If Lewis wins it’s a waste because he’s never going to be taken seriously as a contender again. Will watch though as I have no life lol.
I completely disagree. Lewis is by far the biggest name he will have ever faced. Lewis quite recently knocked out Blaydes and won his last fight in 30 seconds. He is much, much bigger than Almeida.

It's not as significant a matchup for the division as the Blaydes fight, but it's a perfect test for Almeida at this point. If he can't beat Derrick Lewis, he needs to cut back down to LHW.

Lewis by KO. I’ll be really happy about it for a bit until I realize how bad it is for the division.

Derrick could do what he did against Blaydes, but I wouldn't bet on it. Was looking forward to someone who could force Almeida to stand for a significant amount of the fight.

I hope Almeida wins a looks good, he's one of the three HWs that are in the mix once Jones retires if he wins impressively.

Jailton is going to take him down in 10 seconds and then submit him in another 10 seconds.

Bullshit! It'll take Jailton at least 20 seconds to submit him.

I think it's a fine matchup, Jailton is undersized for HW and Lewis slept Blaydes. And remember, this is the new edition visible abs flying knee Derrick Lewis we're talking about
was the old Derrick unable to pull that love off? he did nothing in that fight that showed growth but it's okay. he's good enough as a top 8-15

I completely disagree. Lewis is by far the biggest name he will have ever faced. Lewis quite recently knocked out Blaydes and won his last fight in 30 seconds. He is much, much bigger than Almeida.

It's not as significant a matchup for the division as the Blaydes fight, but it's a perfect test for Almeida at this point. If he can't beat Derrick Lewis, he needs to cut back down to LHW.
I definitely agree that if he loses LHW will be getting a new contender but Lewis is tomato can who’s the luckiest fighter to ever live. He’s never going to be champ. All he is is an impediment to better fighters who make one mistake and end up getting ko’d by him. His fights are only entertaining when his opponents are outclassing him and when they’re not he’s quite boring. I know everyone loves him because they think his balls are hot, but I hate when he headlines or is on the main card. Maybe if he didn’t turtle up like a bitch every time he takes a shot to the body I’d respect him. Probably never going to stop happening though.

Lol what a waste, I think Almeida would've struggled to control Blaydes like he has his previous opponents. Lewis will have a decent size advantage here but once he gets put on his back this will probably look just like the Spivak fight.

Lewis had a massive size advantage over Cornier and was 5 years younger, and was handled with ease.

Almeida shoots super fast at the beginning of the fight. Literally he shoots for a takedown within 5 seconds of the fight starting. His blast double leg is lightning quick, especially for a heavyweight.

Lewis will be grapple-fucked easily. Get submitted, and collect his large paycheck.

Respeito tua opinião, mas se a gente ficar dando mole para o evento fazendo o que bem entender aqui, só vai ter card bosta sempre. Precisamos cobrar do evento mais respeito com os brasileiros, nós começamos essa porra toda. Nada a ver com o Malhadinho em si, mas sim em colocar Lewis... Pela mor né? Quem quer ver Derrick Lewis contra Malhadinho? Desrespeito do caramba, Malhadinho passando carro em geral e ganha Lewis!? Inaceitável.

Se depender de mim, UFC não ganhará um centavo nesse evento. Espero que todos que compraram entrem no Procon.

For those that don't speak Portuguese.

"Translation"
I respect your opinion, but if we keep messing around with the event and doing whatever we want here, there will always be shit cards. We need to demand more respect from the event towards Brazilians, we started all this shit. Nothing to do with Malhadinho itself, but to put Lewis in... For real, right? Who wants to see Derrick Lewis against Malhadinho? Damn disrespect, Malhadinho passing cars in general and Lewis wins!? Unacceptable.

If it's up to me, UFC won't make a dime from this event. I hope everyone who purchased joins Procon.

I half agree with you on this sir.

I definitely agree that if he loses LHW will be getting a new contender but Lewis is tomato can who’s the luckiest fighter to ever live. He’s never going to be champ. All he is is an impediment to better fighters who make one mistake and end up getting ko’d by him. His fights are only entertaining when his opponents are outclassing him and when they’re not he’s quite boring. I know everyone loves him because they think his balls are hot, but I hate when he headlines or is on the main card. Maybe if he didn’t turtle up like a bitch every time he takes a shot to the body I’d respect him. Probably never going to stop happening though.

You don't get the record for KOs by luck to be fair sir.

Will be hilarious if Black Beast just times the "front push kick into power double leg" that seems to be Jailton's default gameplan every fight. Has his chin been tested?

Will be hilarious if Black Beast just times the "front push kick into power double leg" that seems to be Jailton's default gameplan every fight. Has his chin been tested?

This would be awesome. But it's hard to forget what Spivak did to him, and Jailton is a better athlete and a wizard (for HW) on the ground.

What a garbage take. Lewis probably won't ever be champ. Guess what? That's better than 95% of the HWs that have ever fought in the UFC. He knocked enough guys out to challenge for it, and is still knocking guys out afterwards. Calling him "lucky" is you admitting you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Back