Blizzcon 2018 - what we are likely to see?

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Only a week to go now brothers and sisters, so good time to think what we can see.

Warcraft
series:
  • WoW - new expansion somewhat unlikely although cant be 100% ruled out as Blizz said on last Blizzcon that they want to release expansions more often. Definitely upcoming raids and pvp updates. Very likely to get an update on vanilla servers.
  • Hearthstone - definitely upcoming expansion(s), standard for each Blizzcon. Maybe new game mode.
  • Other Warcraft games - Possible remaster for Warcraft 3
Starcraft series
  • I think this is pretty dead topic now. Cant see what else can be done for the series.
Diablo series
  • Lots of rumours here lately. I read a bit and there is definitely something coming. Either remaster for D2, Diablo MMO/4 or something for D3.
Overwatch
  • No new map, already read somewhere not so long ago. General updates maybe.
Heroes of the Storm
  • Cant see any breakthrough here either. Some new characters perhaps, maps.
New IP
  • The least expected thing for this Blizzcon. I think Blizz got quite a bit on the plate as it is but it wouldn't surprise me if they came out with something new. Expect the unexpected seem to be the form with Blizz.

Would you like to add something to it guys?

Last edited:
I always wished they would have released that Starcraft Ghost game they were working on. It sounded like it would have been really good. Interested to see what they do with Diablo. Everyone thinks MMO but seems dumb to release a game that will compete with your own.

Big balance update for SCII competitive, more in game loot, a new co op commander. That's probably all.

If they make a new RTS it will most likely be Warcraft IV.

Anyone going to Blizzcon but don't own overwatch let me know . I'm willing to buy your overwatch Sombra dragon hunter skin. Unlocks free with every blizzcon ticket.

Anyone going to Blizzcon but don't own overwatch let me know . I'm willing to buy your overwatch Sombra dragon hunter skin. Unlocks free with every blizzcon ticket.
Who's your guess for hero 29, likely being unveiled at Blizzcon?

Athena or Junker Queen? People on blizzard forums are saying it might be Sanjay but i don't think so.
I'd like Junker Queen. I've also heard the Sanjay rumors but I think it'll be some random character from McCree's old deadlock gang considering the changes to Route 66 payload and the fact that McCree has been featured on all the Overwatch Blizzcon marketing pieces. I bet we get a McCree scene to go along with some Deadlock Gang hero.

Back