Blood chokes from mount

dudeguyman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys so i've been thinking about submissions from the top, and what better then blood chokes right? So i have a theory that i could switch back and forth between trying to get a arm triangle and a no gi Ezekiel choke depending on where their arm is placed. Now i got to play with it today in class for the first time without any success. I had the dominant position and he wasn't going anywhere, but i wasn't able to get the tap. Any tips on maneuvering this guy into openings for my finish?

sometimes you can have too much control, where all they can do is defend-sometimes you have to let up on the pressure and control a bit and let them move around, where they will open themselves up

no gi mount kind of sucks anyways... but...arm triangles all day.

Ryan Hall's "Arm Triangles" DVD series is absolutely brilliant for this. You're right about the opportunity to switch between the arm-triangle and the Ezekiel choke, and Hall discusses that concept in great detail, as well.

Gi or no go? Cross collar is a blood choke.

Ryan Hall's "Arm Triangles" DVD series is absolutely brilliant for this. You're right about the opportunity to switch between the arm-triangle and the Ezekiel choke, and Hall discusses that concept in great detail, as well.
thanks, I thought they seemed really compatible.

Check this video. Ryan Hall also shows this a lot on his arm triangles dvd set. I love this sequence

Gift wrap one arm, pin the other arm with your free hand, then step over and work the triangle. Tons of videos on this one. One of my go to moves if I can secure the gift wrap.

Back