Bodybuilding or building muscles opens doors...

I’m not seeing it, if you “excelled” at both boxing and sambo, putting the work in you would still have visible defined muscle and people see that.

You won’t look like a roid head, and maybe that’s what you think people “see” is the impressiveness of a massive person.

But if you are boxing and doing sambo all the time you will have muscle people “see” , even if you don’t think they do.

You are correct, Nick Diaz, Karo Parisyan and Fedor are bums who suck at jujitsu,judo and sambo. Also you have to understand that, cardio is extremely important but it creates catabolism and building muscles is a terrible idea for fighting. Guys like Sean Sherk and Kevin Randleman are the exception. Joe Lauzon and Cole Miller are the norm. While the likes of Shamrock and Overeem are genetics and PEDs combined.

You are correct, Nick Diaz, Karo Parisyan and Fedor are bums who suck at jujitsu,judo and sambo. Also you have to understand that, cardio is extremely important but it creates catabolism and building muscles is a terrible idea for fighting. Guys like Sean Sherk and Kevin Randleman are the exception. Joe Lauzon and Cole Miller are the norm. While the likes of Shamrock and Overeem are genetics and PEDs combined.
Nick, Karo and fedor don’t look like they just spilled their Cheetos on the couch.

You can tell they are active people. People see that.

Just because they don’t look like roid heads doesn’t mean that when people see them they think they are couch potato

I have to ask what does excelling in boxing or sambo mean here?

High international level pro?
Low level international pro?
Local/regional pro?
International amateur?
Amateur champ of you country?
Local/regional ammy?

Sorry for being an asshole, the sambo part just clicked because my friend was number 3 in europe at some point

Fair question, a gym warrior who does well in sparring with display of technique and good at demonstrating the moves. I never competed because of work and lots of personal things that happened. I would like to compete eventually because I am close to achieving financial freedom.

Nick, Karo and fedor don’t look like they just spilled their Cheetos on the couch.

You can tell they are active people. People see that.

Just because they don’t look like roid heads doesn’t mean that when people see them they think they are couch potato

So what's your point here?

Do they look like the type that get complimented on without their shirt off? What about Joe Lauzon and Cole Miller?

My point is, you can look good, or you can look exceptional. I already explained that cardio is extremely important and some folks can look good but are not a head turner. My point is, the reaction I get when I hit the weights is different than training in martial arts.

I think it only works when youre also tall

Being a jacked manlet isnt a good look sadly

Not saying youre a manlet, just a possibility

He does sound like a manlet

Building a decent amount of muscle takes time and discipline. Employers appreciate this.

I think it only works when youre also tall

Being a jacked manlet isnt a good look sadly

Not saying youre a manlet, just a possibility
Most of these ig fitness guys are manlets.

Idk what you're talking about.

I engage in boxing and martial arts which requires cardio. I take time off because cardio based sport is catabolic so I take mini breaks to replenish my test levels.

What I notice is the fact that I get major respect from everyone when I build lean mass. There is no denying women don't love muscles. Although it has to be lean and symmetric.

It also opens doors for new possibilities like folks asking for personal training or body modeling.

post your physique bro!

When you “take time off” are you doing a bulking faze to put muscle on but not as cut?

Or are you taking complete time off and getting fat?

Reason I ask is because many moons ago, I had gotten into the “bro lift” faze of life and put on a lot of muscle.

I was pretty cut, but not shredded. I still had a six pack but it was a soft one.

It was interesting how people see you when you are really big,
ANYWAY I moved and started thia boxing again(I moved back to Thailand) and I realized how fucking slow I had gotten.

I dropped of about 20lbs in the next few months not hardly lifting a weight at all, and only light weight high reps etc

And I was surprised, how much better I felt overall and how fast I got my speed back.

I think everyone has a “perfect size” for their body, frame and life desires.

While being a big as hell 245lbs was cool, I prefer a shredded 225lb size maximum for me.

when you actually get into aesthetics and weight lifting. like arnold comp style stuff or classics, or fitness model type builds. You come to see just how hard it is and it drives you to anabolics or at a minimum PED´s to stay so lean and or shredded year round. I work out 4 to 5x a week minimum, i look lean, but have some chest and stomach fat. That doesnt look like fat, but it is not tight and can semi jiggle. Therefore it is fat, it doesnt matter that my ribs can show and my arms show bicep and tricep definition. I am far from shredded or truly lean and in shape. I will soon get back on partitioning of my calories but yeah.

I engage in boxing and martial arts which requires cardio. I take time off because cardio based sport is catabolic so I take mini breaks to replenish my test levels.

What I notice is the fact that I get major respect from everyone when I build lean mass. There is no denying women don't love muscles. Although it has to be lean and symmetric.

It also opens doors for new possibilities like folks asking for personal training or body modeling.

My girl is 150lb of lean muscle and let me tell you it opens the doors real fucking well

Its amazing how much difference 30lbs make for running. Ive been around 170 my entire adult life. Except when I ran a lot, got down to 155, and bulking and on meds got up to 185. Still had a 6 Pack, but not nearly as good looking as at 170. Even my jaw bones and cheeks got too big. Putting muscle while saying shredded isnt too easy. I gotta eat way too much for bulking. Then its toilet city for hours on end.

Its amazing how much difference 30lbs make for running. Ive been around 170 my entire adult life. Except when I ran a lot, got down to 155, and bulking and on meds got up to 185. Still had a 6 Pack, but not nearly as good looking as at 170. Even my jaw bones and cheeks got too big. Putting muscle while saying shredded isnt too easy. I gotta eat way too much for bulking. Then its toilet city for hours on end.
Yeah that’s why the builders do “bulking fazes” and “cutting fazes”

It’s almost impossible to stay shredded AND bulk at the same time , especially as you get bigger.

When you are starting out and pretty small it’s easy.

I used to go through fuck tons of Joe Weider Mega Mass 2000<45>

But at the time it was the best thing out there.

<Fedor23>

I have to get back in shape.

So many juice heads out here in Southern Cali near the beach today. It's like a walking lab experiment. Dudes on high TEST, Anavar, Tren. Even some of these chicks are on some shit. Huntington Beach Bad wannabe Tito Ortiz tattooed bros everywhere. Fun times though.

Yeah that’s why the builders do “bulking fazes” and “cutting fazes”

It’s almost impossible to stay shredded AND bulk at the same time , especially as you get bigger.

When you are starting out and pretty small it’s easy.

I used to go through fuck tons of Joe Weider Mega Mass 2000<45>

But at the time it was the best thing out there.

<Fedor23>
Haha for about a year I drank Optimum's monster mass or whatever it was in the morning. 1liter (over 1/4gal) of whole milk, two scoops of ice cream two scoops of that shit... over 3kcal to start the day. Tasted shitty too.
That was 17 years ago.

Women definitely do like it although I think sometimes guys overrate it and think it can replace an actual personality.

Haha for about a year I drank Optimum's monster mass or whatever it was in the morning. 1liter (over 1/4gal) of whole milk, two scoops of ice cream two scoops of that shit... over 3kcal to start the day. Tasted shitty too.
That was 17 years ago.
Yep, I put ice cream and milk and fruit in the weiders.

It used to only come in chocolate and vanilla , and neither were good without adding to them <45>

How demoralizing! If you're 6'4, just be happy you're 6'4!!

Back