Social Boston Bruins rescind offer on 18 year old for racist behavior at 14

Should Mitchell be held accountable and out of the NHL for actions at 14?

• No, he can change

• No, if he has proved he changed

• Yes, fuck him

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nobody is saying he can't play hockey anymore, KHL would more than happy to take him on

Apparently this piece of shit not only was a racist but the alleged victim was handicapped at the time.

Today Mitchell is 18 and the NHL deemed him ineligible because of the conduct when he was 14. I know some people can change but 14 is pretty old; this kid also looks like a racist piece of shit if there ever was one.

What say you Sherdoggers, should he be held responsible for actions at 14?

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/11/06/sport/boston-bruins-part-ways-mitchell-miller-reaj/index.html

Testimony from mother of tortured child claims it was a daily occurrence. What kind of small dick weasel does this?
https://www.wcvb.com/amp/article/bu...happened-with-bruins-mitchell-miller/41888540
No, he is 20 years old now. About to turn 21 in December. He plead guilty when he had just turned 14 years old, around 7 years ago.
https://web.archive.org/web/2020091...t-in-schoolmate-s-assault/stories/20160318178
One of two Sylvania teenagers charged with assaulting a schoolmate last month admitted in Lucas County Juvenile Court today to both counts against him — assault and violation the Ohio Safe Schools Act.

Mitchell Miller, 14, appeared in court with his attorney, Kati Tharp, and parents, John and Shelli Miller. Mitchell and Hunter McKie were accused of making Isaiah Meyer-Crothers, also 14, eat a candy push pop after wiping it in a bathroom urinal. Surveillance video also showed the boys punching and kicking Isaiah, who has developmental disabilities.

Both boys have been suspended from school for the “foreseeable future,” Sylvania Schools said last week.

Ms. Tharp declined comment and did not make her clients available for comment.

“I’m sorry for bringing my family under stress and to my sister for going back to school and having to deal with all the bullying stuff,” Mitchell said during his court appearance. “I didn't mean to intentionally hurt [Isaiah].”

Mitchell was found delinquent on both counts, though no penalty was determined. He will meet with the probation department, complete a social history, and meet with court psychologists who will come together with recommendations. A no-contact order with the victim also remains in place.

Mitchell could receive probation and 90 days in a juvenile detention center, while jail time is unlikely. He is scheduled back in court April 25 at 8:30 a.m.

“It’s our mission to rehabilitate,” Magistrate Laura Restivo said to Mitchell. “You are 14 years old. You have a lot of living ahead of you. I think, as your mom said, it’s been a tragic experience you're going to learn from and move forward from. You will end up being a better person at the end of this.”

Mitchell described the incident during a Feb. 18 girls’ basketball game at McCord Junior High School. He said he and Hunter took a push pop into the bathroom, where it was dropped on the floor and wiped on the top and sides of a urinal, but not in the bowl where people urinate. The boys then washed the push pop in the sink.

When they returned to the court area, Mitchell said the push pop was offered to a girl named Bailey and a boy named Brady, who both declined. It was then offered to Isaiah, who Mitchell said licked it without being forced.

But when told what had been done with the push pop beforehand, Isaiah became angry and chased Hunter into the hallway, Mitchell recounted. Mitchell then punched Isaiah in the arm before the boys returned to the gym. They soon went back out into the hallway but were stopped by a teacher.

“We are very sorry,” Mrs. Miller said in court. “We are working with Mitchell to make this better.

“I believe he has definitely learned a lesson from all of this,” she added. “We are very sorry to that family and Isaiah. He was friends with Isaiah, and they were goofing around. This has been very difficult on all our families, everyone in the community, and the school. It’s been a huge learning lesson. It’s been hard on Mitchell, too. He’s sorry and working to make it better.”

The McKie youth is scheduled to appear April 4 in Lucas County Juvenile Court at 10:30 a.m. for a pretrial conference.

Lori Olender, Lucas County juvenile court prosecutor, said she was satisfied with the day’s rulings.

“He pled exactly to what he was charged with,” she said. “And we’re very happy with how the court has handled the case.”
He was already punished, suspended a year, later lost his scholarship and was denied entry to college and had his draft rights rescinded after this came to light 2 years ago.

Giving a kid a sweet that was placed in a urinal is not mere pranks. It is disgusting and should have brought crimminal charged. Harassiing the Black (mentally challenged) kid for a long time is not a prank, it is abuse and harassement.
It did bring criminal charges. Check my last post

The kid isn't a racist though he does racist things. He is a violent psychopath. Sports leagues don't benefit enough from letting him into the league as what they will lose and have to deal with in eventual bad PR from some heinous or criminal event. If he lied about working with charities, he basically sees nothing that he did is wrong.

Sports leagues are not about who is the best at shooting a ball or hitting a puck. They are about selling entertainment. From that perspective, the league likely doesn't give two shits about some talented time bomb that is just going cost them money. Some of you think that this is just prank stuff but I don't think any of you has really crossed paths with a psychopath. The kid could not even fake being human for 4 years by working with charities and crossing every T and dotting every I to make it look like he had changed with MILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON THE LINE. He ain't going to change if he entered the league.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ folks, I realize taking a whole two minutes to read past the headline is too much for most of you guys, but this wasn't a one time incident when he was 14. It continued throughout highschool, he never apologized to the kid, and everyone involved with the case said the he didn't show the slightest degree of remorse other than remorse that he got caught.
I don't know where you are getting that report, but it is false. The mother claims it started in grade 1 until this incident, but then there was a restraining order afterwards and these 2 kids never saw each other again except once at a football game.

The apology was read in open court and Victim's family refused to accept it or believe it. This is documented

If you want to read past the headline, look up Isaiah Meyer-Crothers "Disability", which is......he had mild ADHD. He's a big guy who ran with a different crowd in Middle school. I think a lot of people have the impression he is a kid with Down Syndrome or something because of how the headlines are phrased when that is not the case.

x7sqovjio3w51.jpg

I don't know where you are getting that report, but it is false. The mother claims it started in grade 1 until this incident, but then there was a restraining order afterwards and these 2 kids never saw each other again except once at a football game.

The apology was read in open court and Victim's family refused to accept it or believe it. This is documented

If you want to read past the headline, look up Isaiah Meyer-Crothers "Disability", which is......he had mild ADHD. He's a big guy who ran with a different crowd in Middle school. I think a lot of people have the impression he is a kid with Down Syndrome or something because of how the headlines are phrased when that is not the case.

x7sqovjio3w51.jpg
When the mob is grabbing pitchforks, they're not too concerned with the facts about the monster in the bog. It's about the excitement of the hunt.

That's why I don't care for any of this cancel culture nonsense. The only agenda being served is the agenda of the media outlet driving the narrative as it is disseminated.

x7sqovjio3w51.jpg

He has fetal alcohol syndrome. I'll search for the link later, and maybe I misread but I could have sworn I saw several articles claiming this continued after the main described in the headline incident. In either case, my point still stands that this wasn't a one time indecent.

And you have a link to this apology?

A few things, I see no racism anywhere...I think they bullied a kid that was slow. There is no mention of any racial component, even in other articles I have read. This kid was in 8th grade...I would hate to see any of us held to things that happened in 8th grade. I have friends that were monsters back then, and are now really good people. Most of them had their own issues causing the behavior. That being said, if this kid has shown no remorse, has not done any community service or paid for these actions then he can go fuck himself. My kids would never do something like that, and I never would either. I know if I had this type of action in my past my guilt would make me fix what I did, and I do not see where he has done that.

He has fetal alcohol syndrome. I'll search for the link later, and maybe I misread but I could have sworn I saw several articles claiming this continued after the main described in the headline incident. In either case, my point still stands that this wasn't a one time indecent.

And you have a link to this apology?
Do I need a link to the apology? there are a dozen times the Meyer-Crothers mother said "Even the Magistrate did not buy this apology. He only did it because it was part of his guilty plea!"

The kid had a no contact restraining order and they went to different schools forever after this incident. I know the mother claims all sorts of stuff now. but its clear there was no continuation of this stuff or she would have pressed charges at the time.

A few things, I see no racism anywhere...I think they bullied a kid that was slow. There is no mention of any racial component, even in other articles I have read. This kid was in 8th grade...I would hate to see any of us held to things that happened in 8th grade. I have friends that were monsters back then, and are now really good people. Most of them had their own issues causing the behavior. That being said, if this kid has shown no remorse, has not done any community service or paid for these actions then he can go fuck himself. My kids would never do something like that, and I never would either. I know if I had this type of action in my past my guilt would make me fix what I did, and I do not see where he has done that.

There’s a bunch of sources that show he called the kid the n-word and told him to “go pick cotton”.

I thought the consensus was athletes were privileged assholes who are overpaid, why are people defending him?

I’ll take your word for it,

The point still stands, though. Does a horrible prank committed at age 14 have the “right to be forgotten”, or should it ruin the kid’s opportunities forever? And what does that say about sports leagues(and their fans) that have, and continue to, welcome athletes who commit words offenses, with open arms?
Just a prank bro!

Is this the white version of "he was a good kid, he didn't do nuffin"?

Some of you don't seem to have the same second chance stance when 14 year olds of color get caught doing something stupid

Just a prank bro!

Some of you don't seem to have the same second chance stance when 14 year olds of color get caught doing something stupid

No, on both accounts.

Seems like a rather normal prank for jr. high age boys, nobody was even hurt.

I guess the lesson is: stick to your own race when socializing as a young person otherwise you'll be labeled a racist later, because male "socialization" isn't always sunshine and rainbows.
Not sure about your High School, but in my High School if you repeatedly abused a mentally challenged or handicap kid you would get your ass beat.
Never forget was at a party, sophmore year, Football player got in some dudes face saying fuck with me like you do Dave. Not sure what disease Dave had, but he walked around on crutches and drug his feet behind him. Dude was apologizing and then ate some punches, got ground and pounded and nobody fucked with Dave ever again.
Usually, dudes that pick on handicap kids have a shitty home life. Did your dad use your back as an ashtray or something?

Just a prank bro!

Lol, that’s the exact opposite of what’s happening here.

Much worse things have been excused for black pros.

The standard for playing pro sports should be how well they can play that sport, not their personal life (exceptions of course). We should separate personal life behavior and their job. If we didn't, sports and most public people wouldn't exist. Harvey Weinstein's a POS, but he made hundreds of movies, some of them even culture changing, and won 81 Oscars. Throw him prison, but should we cancel all his movies too? Should they ban the sale of Pulp Fiction? If we cancelled movies based on a producer or actor's past, there wouldn't be a Hollywood anymore. See how stupid cancel culture is? There's no rhyme or reason to it.

Lol, that’s the exact opposite of what’s happening here.

Much worse things have been excused for black pros.

or they immediately get shuffled into their next role like a wayward catholic priest

the african celtics coach got a week off for sexual harrassment before he magically became the top contender to replace fellow african steve nash in brooklyn

Back