Boxing bag right hand punch (video)

he wasn't a beginner with less than 6 months of training hitting a bag propped up by pillows either. plus he had coaches, dedication, and competition experience. All things that qualify him to be a boxer and gave him reasons for doing what he was doing.

You think he had perfect form on the bag as student of the sport and suddenly degraded as world champion? I somehow suspect this is how he always punched:rolleyes:

Last edited:
You think he had perfect form on the bag as student of the sport and suddenly degraded as world champion? I somehow suspect this is how he always punched:rolleyes:
haha
i said none of those things. what i was saying is there is a method to what he is doing and it is proven through his coaches lineage, hours in the gym, and competiton results. you have none of those things and there is no method to what you are doing besides poorly made assumptions of what boxing technique is...

quick question why do you think i believe your stance is not particularly good?

This will do for now. Can't throw sweeping shots on a standing bag

Your shoulder needs to be up protecting your chin when you punch. If you get into an exchange and get hit flush on the chin your going out, because your not likely to see a check hook coming from that angle as you move forward.

Secondly I would recommend sinking a bit lower on the straight to the body. The way your hitting it now means the force isn't going straight into your target, its coming down at an angle, wasting power.

Just my two cents.

"Your punch in this video, having watched it once again, was solid; nice transfer of power...nice open/closed transition...and it wasn't too conserved at all."

End of quote.

Your shoulder needs to be up protecting your chin when you punch. If you get into an exchange and get hit flush on the chin your going out, because your not likely to see a check hook coming from that angle as you move forward.

Secondly I would recommend sinking a bit lower on the straight to the body. The way your hitting it now means the force isn't going straight into your target, its coming down at an angle, wasting power.

Just my two cents.
I don’t think he has to worry about getting in an exchange with anyone

lol that is not what you are doing
you are missing out on all the physical ques that make that stance viable.

if you quoted youtube i can't see it where i live youtube is banned..

It's a clip of Rocky Lodgridge knocking out a drunk guy approaching him on the street. He hasn't lost a step, far as I can tell

It's a clip of Rocky Lodgridge knocking out a drunk guy approaching him on the street. He hasn't lost a step, far as I can tell
bruh thems fighting words
despite his out of ring life. Dude is worth all the respect in the world from boxing fans. he gave Chavez hell in his prime and was robbed against Gomez. he is a shadow of what he once was and he can still rack em!

bruh thems fighting words
despite his out of ring life. Dude is worth all the respect in the world from boxing fans. he gave Chavez hell in his prime and was robbed against Gomez. he is a shadow of what he once was and he can still rack em!

I am very impressed by your clairvoyance in seeing my clip despite the youtube bann. And yes there are obvious parallells between the two of us. You are clearly a very wise man.

I am very impressed by your clairvoyance in seeing my clip despite the youtube bann. And yes there are obvious parallells between the two of us. You are clearly a very wise man.
no envy i am an american national and the youtube alternatives available here are far superior. that being said it does blow waiting for trips out of country to catch up on Sin's channel.
i was just joking you don't throw a right anyway like rocky does you are once again missing the physical ques

Just my two cents.
that was one of the first things i was taught about body punching. you drop to the level of your target. (with straight punches anyway)

lol that is not what you are doing
you are missing out on all the physical ques that make that stance viable.

if you quoted youtube i can't see it where i live youtube is banned..
Ew, where is that?

that was one of the first things i was taught about body punching. you drop to the level of your target. (with straight punches anyway)

You think tall fighter drop as much as short ones? Makes no sense. Also takes more time for the bigger fellow.

You think tall fighter drop as much as short ones? Makes no sense. Also takes more time for the bigger fellow.
if you don't change levels when you throw straight punches to the body, you leave your head open and lose a bit of power on the punch. i'm the same height as you, or taller by the way.

if you don't change levels when you throw straight punches to the body, you leave your head open and lose a bit of power on the punch. i'm the same height as you, or taller by the way.

Of course, otherwise it's just an arm punch. I know basic kineastetics. Just saying you will never see the same exaggerated body mechanics for taller fighters. However, taller fighters can also punch harder more easily by the sheer mass/reach of their arms. Kinda like comparing baseball bats.

Back