Boxing Discussion VIII

Wtf wilder ko odds were 3.25? Surprised you didn't go 1 grand on that. Or was that a livebet?

Wtf wilder ko odds were 3.25? Surprised you didn't go 1 grand on that. Or was that a livebet?

It was an exact method, so if it was a TKO the bet would have lost. Has to be ruled just a straight knock out to win. Look at the way it's written between the two bets, and no not live they were pre bets.

It was an exact method, so if it was a TKO the bet would have lost. Has to be ruled just a straight knock out to win. Look at the way it's written between the two bets, and no not live they were pre bets.
Ah good shit man, there's no tko when bombs land on king kong it's straight to sleep KO.

Made my weekend!

R8ohfNK.jpg

Pretty degen to bet on an old boxer coming off a round 1 knockout loss, even against an old kickboxer trying to get one more fight before retirement, even if it is the latter's first boxing match since 2003. Yet I cannot resist:

Anthony Mundine (-140) vs John Wayne Parr $140.00 for $100.00

Pretty degen to bet on an old boxer coming off a round 1 knockout loss, even against an old kickboxer trying to get one more fight before retirement, even if it is the latter's first boxing match since 2003. Yet I cannot resist:

I did the same thing, I love JWP he is a legend in this region and his muay thai is still pretty good but time and wars have taken their toll - he is stiff as a board there is no way he can outbox mundine

Actually a pretty good fight, Parr put the pressure on the whole fight missing more than he hit and Mundine countered skillfully but never really tested his own his gas tank.

John Riel Casimero/Zolani Tete goes distance (-155) $155.00 for $100.00

Anthony Cacace (+230) vs Sam Bowen $100.00 for $230.00
Anthony Cacace/Sam Bowen Over 10½ (-150) $150.00 for $100.00

Live In-Play Anthony Cacace wins by Decision or Technical Decision (+450) $50.00 for $225.00

Live In-Play Anthony Cacace (+170) vs Sam Bowen $50.00 for $85.00

Live In-Play Radzhab Butaev (+150) vs Alexander Besputin $100.00 for $150.00

Live In-Play: Radzhab Butaev/Alexander Besputin Draw (+1600) $25.00 for $400.00

I'm up a bit, so longshot play on the WBO Super Welterweight title fight:

Patrick Teixeira (+1100) vs Carlos Adames $50.00 for $550.00

Anyone else feeling like betting the house on Ruiz on the rematch? I have only betted eva wahlström when it comes to boxing but this feels like value. I box myself and been looking into it and feel strong about Ruiz.

Anyone else feeling like betting the house on Ruiz on the rematch? I have only betted eva wahlström when it comes to boxing but this feels like value. I box myself and been looking into it and feel strong about Ruiz.

Going Ruiz ML with small hedge on Joshua dec. Have a feeling Joshua may just jab his way and play range for most of the fight. Ruiz' best chance to catch Joshua when coming in, not when Joshua is on the outside.

Screenshot_20191130-213629_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191130-203459_Chrome.jpg

Why is the AJ/Ruiz fight happening in Saudi Arabia? Is either guy in the Country yet and if they are how long have they been there?

From interviews it sounds like AJ has upped his sparring for this camp and he feels like that was part of the problem first go round. With big names, and especially big names who have big fights coming up, you have to question how much sparring is happening and how hard are the sessions.

All the pressure is really on AJ. His career, his name, his sponsors. It's going to feel like the world is watching him and waiting for him to trip up again. Who knows where his head is, he's generally open in his interviews and from what I have heard he sounds very frustrated with himself and the whole situation. Who's to say how this motivates him.

Physically he's slimmed down, that says he wants to be looser, move more and potentially look to go longer. In terms of style match up that would be the gameplan, stay long, keep on the outside and avoide the fire fights.

Ruiz wants the inside, slip to the inside and throw hooks, he wants the same fight he got the first time. He got knocked down, took some big punches, but that is part of the game he is playing, it's to be expected.

Both men will have changed things, in their training, their gameplan and their mindsets but these big changes aren't always for the best. Overthinking, over analysing, second guessing can all cause more problems.

I have to think that physically AJ has the advantage, his reach and length and on paper there is a clear strategy - Use those tools, pick at Ruiz with single shots and don't engage in anything close quarters where it can be avoided.

Ruiz has the experience, a career of fighting men who are taller and longer than him, it's nothing new. He has the belts now and more big pay days ahead with a win but he has the comfort of the focus not being on him, everyone is looking at AJ.

Value is on Ruiz as the dog, but an AJ by decision play is also a great bet.

I'm far from having a good boxing knowledge, probably better to bet it live, let them settle in for 3/4 rounds and see what we get.

Back