Boxing in the Philippines

deluxeMT

Orange Belt
Reaction score
So boxing in the philippines, anyone ever spent any time there training? What are the options?

in the national capital region there are a ton of options (for fitness and fighting). various branches of the elorde gym have been sprouting everywhere, among others.

i have also heard that they have great boxing in cebu (particularly the ALA gym), cagayan de oro, ang general santos.

Mm most likely there are a lot since your asking about a whole COUNTRY. Give some specifics what area are you in/plan to goto, etc.

Dude just learn eskrima.

Or.

If you have any connections with the military train with them.

I was there a couple years back at camp magsaysay and crow valley and I couldnt find a single effin boxer damnit or anyone that wanted to learn I was considerably bigger than most of them anyway but I trained with there sniper team and those mother effers were hard no boxing everyone wanted to play soccer

Philippines is an excellent choice for learning how to box. Though not all gyms are open to foreigners, There will be a few good ones that will cater. It depends on what you want. If you want hardcore training then you will have to go to a province and live there. It will be very difficult since most gyms aren't really made to cater westerners. Most gyms are just for competition. I would highly discourage going to provinces to train as the environment is very different. The food is limited, there might be no electricity, the heat is unbearable and you are light years away from civilization.

The training in the city isnt that bad but more or less you have to find a hotel to live in coz the gyms doesnt have rooms. I can help you find a good gym that will surely improve your boxing skills. Though the training in the province is more hardcore, the training in the city is similar but with reduced intensity. You can talk to the trainers if you think you want your training to go up in intensity. In most cases you need to pay for a sparring fee ($6 is good enough) and expect the heaviest sparring sessions you will ever experience.

Hope this helps to everyone who is considering PI to train boxing. If you guys have some Q's PM me.

Why would you train boxing in the Philippines, when the best boxers over there trains in the States?

Cebu and General Santos have very good boxing gyms. The gyms in the metro are good too, but not as hardcore.

Why would you train boxing in the Philippines, when the best boxers over there trains in the States?

Because travelling to the States to train in boxing just isn't cost effective...

Because travelling to the States to train in boxing just isn't cost effective...

Sorry. I thought for some reason that you were at the States. Elorde Gym is the most famous in the Philippines, ALA gym of Cebu is also well known, in Mindanao the only good gym that I know of is in North Cotabato run by Governor Pinol. Gov Pinol even hired a Cuban boxing coach to train his fighters.

I'm still waiting for the response of the guy that said there are very good gyms in Gensan. I would like to know coz I use to live around that area.

go to basilan, jolo sulu, baseco and parola compound, avenida, batasan hills.

Back