Boxing is one of the weakest martial art forms.

Lmao in the real world say, a bar, club, parking lot, mall, restaurant, hotel lobby being good at incapacitating someone with a punch is the most effective tool.

Taking someone down in a bar, restaurant, or any public place especially if there are multiple people involved is the dumbest thing one can do.

Being able to incapacitate someone while still having the option to run is the best way.

You think there going to be a ref and it's going to be 1 on 1 in a real fight in the real world. Even a scenario where 2 or individuals are trying to mug you knowing how to punch people and be mobile is the most important thing. That if there is nowhere to run

Let's be honest. Sherdog has this weird obsession with boxers as if they are basically God's that are untouchable. But let's be real. Boxing ON ITS OWN, key words here, is weaker than almost all martial arts. I'm not even talking MMA because everyone already know they would kill a boxer like a child. I'm talking singular martial arts.

Muy Thai vs boxer? Muy Thai destroys the legs of the boxer, destroys him in the clinch, knees and elbows his head in.

Wrestler vs boxer? Wrestler slams boxer on his head and kills him.

BJJ vs boxer? Slams him on his head and strangles him to death.

Judo vs boxer? Same as above

Sambo? Same as above.

Karate? Gets head kicked KOed inside 1 minute.

I'm an amatuer Boxer currently so I'm not biased. Boxing MIXED with other combat forms is amazing. But alone vs other combat forms. Limited

At least in boxing you have a chance to make huge money and have bargaining power.

Most MMA fighters are getting their brains bashed in for peanuts.

Lol Boxing is weak? STFU. A solid blow from a big puncher on a concrete street will literally kill you. You get knocked out vicioucly and hit your head on the ground and thats a wrap. An all out streetfight lasts seconds. You can kick the legs of course, but it really is who lands first, and the boxer is able to finish someone off pretty quickly, since he is an expert at controling and judging distance, precise, very fast and powerful. A thaiboxer has a chance, a kickboxer as a chance, but please dont mention karate lol. Those guys mostly dont even spar. Thats a junk marital art. Grappling in a streetfight? ufff thats very dangerous. Plus in close range everyone, even the most untrained idiot ever can hurt you badly. Ever been eyepoked? Or what about a good bite to the throat? Do you think you would shake that of easily. So grappling in a no rules fight, never is a good idea, but of course its better than being untrained. So Boxing is one if not the best martial art for the streets.And i very much doubt that you are a boxer, cause if you where, you would know that yourself.
As far as no rules bareknuckle fight on a concrete street is concerned, boxing, thaiboxing and kickboxing are the best fighting styles. Acutal striking arts, that teach you how to manage distance, and strike quick, hard and precise. After that i would pick wrestling, then bjj. karate and all that fancy stuff would only work against absolute untrained unskilled people.

Last edited:
TS got his ass whupped a few times where he was throwing looping arm punches and concludes boxing is not effective. Then convinces himself muay thai > boxing even though no champs use a predominately muay thai game (or mma variation of it). I never once seen a fight where some dude busts out muay thai. That shits a ritualistic form of fighting that is characteristic of lots of Asian martial arts that falls apart in the real world. The elbows and clinch fighting is useful the rest is garbage.

Not into giving out all my info at this early stage of my career. But. I'm 23. Have been training martial arts since I was a kid. Primarily tae Kwon doe up until about 16. Wrestled a bit in HS, started training MMA at an MMA gym called "Ralph Gracie's Chicago MMA" at like 17. Have dedicated the last 2 years to pure boxing. Have competed in the novice division of the Chicago golden gloves. Will be competing again in March of 2018.

Where you at TS?

arguably one of the worst threads on this forum. Boxing, BJJ and Wrestling are the best Martial Arts especially for self defense.

I'll take a boxer over a karate man in a street fight anytime.
Depends on what style. Anything "flowy" ill take the boxer. Harder styles like Issinryu and Kyokushin, if they're dan ranked or above, ill take the karateka.

People who suck at boxing fundamentals are the worst strikers, whether they train directly in boxing or not.

Ok. But what does this have to do with Conor vs Floyd in a boxing ring?

All martial arts are limited. I'd rather use boxing in a street fight than BJJ, unless i had to.

This or wrestling

Yeah i kinda agree but karate ? Seriously boxers train hard and spar you cant put kungfu crap or karate above that.

Let's be honest. Sherdog has this weird obsession with boxers as if they are basically God's that are untouchable. But let's be real. Boxing ON ITS OWN, key words here, is weaker than almost all martial arts. I'm not even talking MMA because everyone already know they would kill a boxer like a child. I'm talking singular martial arts.

Muy Thai vs boxer? Muy Thai destroys the legs of the boxer, destroys him in the clinch, knees and elbows his head in.

Sambo? Same as above.

I'm an amatuer Boxer currently so I'm not biased. Boxing MIXED with other combat forms is amazing. But alone vs other combat forms. Limited

Tell me more of your dumb thoughts...while I leave this here.

tumblr_p0xovcn6wI1qd4esao1_400.gif

Sambo? Same as above.

Thanks for speaking the truth kind sir. This boxer nutthugger cult needs to die. Boxing is the least effective martial art

At least in boxing you have a chance to make huge money and have bargaining power.

Most MMA fighters are getting their brains bashed in for peanuts.
most boxers make peanuts to get their brains bashed in.

There are plenty of examples of a better boxer beating someone with better muay thai in MMA. And examples of the opposite, it's not black and white. And if we're talking street fighting, it really depends on the environment, e.g. if you don't have the space to grapple then your grappling could be useless.

Boxing is a sport, not a martial art. Nobody ever promoted boxing by itself as a form of self defense.

So this is like saying football is weaker than basketball because a football player would just tackle the basketball player and take the ball.

Sambo? Same as above.

First of all, styles make fights and it depends entirely on the practioner of the martial arts.
Mercer vs Sylvia = Boxer
Shannon Briggs vs K1 fighter = Boxer

Wilder or Ruiz or Joshua would get destroyed by middling Heavyweights.

I’ll take someone with 4 years of Highschool Wrestling not too far removed against an amateur or semi pro 10 out of 10 times.

Back