Boxing Promotions

Japan: Ohashi, Teiken, Misako, Hatanaka, Ioka, Shisei

What is different about the Japanese system?
The Japanese system of professional boxing is massively different from how boxing is run in the West. In the west a promoter will typically be able to match two of their fighters, as with see consistently with Top Rank, Queensberry, Golden Boy, Matchroom and the PBC. The promoter and the gym where fighters train are separate entities, usually, with promoters taking fighters from across the world, or country.

In Japan the gym is also, usually, the promoter and is based in 1 location, with fighters typically training in that gym. The gym can't have two fighters facing off against each other, due to JBC rules, which means that certain potential bouts can't take place unless one of the fighters transfers away from the gym. At the moment this would mean bouts like Hiroto Kyoguchi Vs Ryoichi Taguchi couldn't take place as both are with the Watanabe Gym.

How many gyms is there?
Lots. There are genuinely loads of gyms across Japan, though the main ones that fans will be aware of are the Teiken Gym, Watanabe, Ohashi, Mutoh, Ioka, Shinsei, Kyoei Misako, Yokohama Hikari, World Sport and Hatanaka. Many of the gyms are run by former fighters, though others are run by business people, and the JB Sports Gym is actually owned by the man behind the Hajime No Ippo series.

Australia: Tasman Fighters (they co-promote Cruiserweight king Jai Opetaia along with Matchroom)

Puerto Rico: Fresh Productions Boxing (promoter of Subriel Matias, probably 1 of the most talented & exciting title holders out there right now)

Update:
*Japan: Japan Boxing Commission, Teiken Promotions (Director Akihiko Honda), Ohashi, Misako, Hatanaka, Ioka, Shisei, Watanabe, Mutoh, Ioka, Kyoei Misako, Yokohama Hikari, World Sport,

Is Misako and Kyoei Misako the same gym/promotion?

*Australia: No Limit Boxing, Ace Boxing Group, Jamie Myer Productions,
Australian National Boxing Federation (ANBF), J.N.I Promotions, Team Ellis, Tasman Fighters (co-promote Jai Opetaia with Matchroom),

*Puerto Rico: PR Best, Fresh Productions Boxing (promoter of Subriel Matias),

Last edited:
• New York City, USA: DiBella Entertainment: Lou Dibella's Broadway Boxing, Joe DeGuardia's Star Boxing, Vito Mielnicki’s GH3 Promotions (aligned with Haymon’s PBC),

• Kansas, USA: Salita Promotions,

*Canada: Eye of the Tiger Management (EOTTM), Groupe Yvon Michel (GYM), United Boxing Promotions (UBP), Three Lions Promotions (TLP), Lee Baxter Promotions (LBP),
Lee Baxter puts on cards pretty regularly at Rebel, although I haven’t been to one there yet. I wish he’d get back to using Danforth Music Hall seeing as it’s right on the subway line, and in a better area if the city for dining beforehand.

Australian National Boxing Federation (ANBF), J.N.I Promotions, Team Ellis,

*New Zealand: Glozier Boxing,

There's a newish promotion called Wildfighter down in Oz, headed up by former pro Will Tomlinson, also Big Time boxing under Brian Armatruda.

No Limit are the biggest though and they have an exclusive deal with Fox Sports here, hard to get exposure if you're not with them.

There's a newish promotion called Wildfighter down in Oz, headed up by former pro Will Tomlinson, also Big Time boxing under Brian Armatruda.

No Limit are the biggest though and they have an exclusive deal with Fox Sports here, hard to get exposure if you're not with them.
~Update:
Australian National Boxing Federation (ANBF), J.N.I Promotions, Team Ellis, Tasman Fighters (co-promote Jai Opetaia with Matchroom), Wildfighter (Will Tomlinson), Big Time boxing (Brian Armatruda),

I have not heard anything from Team Ellis in a long time do they still exist?

~Update:
Australian National Boxing Federation (ANBF), J.N.I Promotions, Team Ellis, Tasman Fighters (co-promote Jai Opetaia with Matchroom), Wildfighter (Will Tomlinson), Big Time boxing (Brian Armatruda),

I have not heard anything from Team Ellis in a long time do they still exist?

I don't actually think they're doing fights anymore. I met Lester a few years back at my old gym, one of his sons (might have been Heath) was promoting under that banner at the time, haven't seen any pro shows from them in a few years.

*United Arab Emirates (UAE): Seddiqi Boxing Management/AAM Seddiqi Sports (Ahmed Abdul Mageid Seddiqi),

*Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: Skills Challenge Entertainment (SCEE) (Prince Khalid bin Abdulaziz),

Last edited:
~Update:

*USA [Premier Boxing Champions, Top Rank Boxing, Golden Boy Promotions]

• California USA: Golden Boy Promotions, Shapiro Sports & Entertainment LLC. (Shane Shapiro), Triller Fight club, MarvNation Promotions, Roy Jones Jr Boxing Promotions (RJJ Promotions) on ProBoxTV, 360 Promotions' Hollywood Fight Nights (Tom Loeffler) on UFC Fight Pass, Thompson Boxing Promotions (Ken Thompson & Alex Camponovo), Fight Club OC, TGB Promotions (aligned with Haymon’s PBC),

• Florida USA: Don King Productions, Mundo Boxing Promotions, Christy Martin Promotions, Sampson Boxing Promotions (SB) (Sampson Lewkowicz), M & R Boxing Promotions, Warriors Boxing Promotions, Iron Mike Productions (formerly Acquinity Sports), Pro Box Promotions (Garry Jonas), Tarver Promotions (Antonio Tarver) on ProBoxTV, Reyes Fire Fist Boxing Promotions (Fire Fist Boxing Promotions & Reyes Boxing Promotions),

• Texas USA: Davies Entertainment, Force Train Promotions, The Boxing Showcase, Tapia Promotions,

• New Jersey, USA: Duva Boxing [Main Events] (Cathy Duva) Don King purchased 50% of the company, Abella Boxing Promotions,

• New England, USA: CES Boxing,

• New York, USA: DiBella Entertainment's Lou Dibella's Broadway Boxing
(Lou DiBella jr.), Joe DeGuardia's Star Boxing, Vito Mielnicki’s GH3 Promotions (aligned with Haymon’s PBC),

• Tennessee, Nashville USA: Tri-star Boxing,

• Minnesota, Minneapolis USA: IGNITE promotions,

• Colorado, USA: Airtight Boxing,

• Kansas, USA: Salita Promotions,

• Las Vegas, Nevada, USA: PBC, Top Rank Boxing, Mayweather Promotions,

• Chicago, Illinois, USA: MVP Boxing (Jake Paul), Chicago Fight Clubs Promotion LLC (Wasfi Tolaymat),

• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA: Banner Promotions (Arthur R. Pelullo), Kings Promotions (Marshall Kauffman) [Combined with Andrew Foy's Titans Boxing Promotions],

*Puerto Rico: PR Best, Fresh Productions Boxing (promoter of Subriel Matias), Cotto Promotions (Miguel Cotto) events on ProBoxTV,

*Mexico: Zanfer Boxing Promotions, Producionnes Deportivas, Alcaraz Jr Promotions, Bx Stars (BXSTRS Promotions), Jibaros Boxing, Makina Boxing Promotions, 4×4 Promotions, JMM Promotions (Juan Manuel Marquez Promotions) to be on ProBoxTV,

Last edited:
AFRICA:
*Tanzania: Kemmon Sports Agency (KSA),
*Uganda: Ramathan Lutaaya,

~Update
*Ukraine: Usyk 17 Promotions, Sparta Boxing Promotions,

*Russia: Russian Boxing Federation, RCC Boxing Promotions, World Total Kombat Federation, Shamo Boxing Promotions, Yuka Promotions, Titov Boxing Promotions, Ural Boxing Promotions,

*Thailand: Southeast Asia Fighting Championship, TL boxing promotion,

Lee Baxter puts on cards pretty regularly at Rebel, although I haven’t been to one there yet. I wish he’d get back to using Danforth Music Hall seeing as it’s right on the subway line, and in a better area if the city for dining beforehand.
*Canada: Eye of the Tiger Management (EOTTM), Groupe Yvon Michel (GYM), United Boxing Promotions (UBP), Three Lions Promotions (TLP), Lee Baxter Promotions (LBP), John Mendonca's Alliance Promotions,

Sometimes they see their events to go by Alliance Promotions sometimes I see their events under John Mendonca not sure if it is two promotions working together or if John owns Alliance?

*Canada: Eye of the Tiger Management (EOTTM), Groupe Yvon Michel (GYM), United Boxing Promotions (UBP), Three Lions Promotions (TLP), Lee Baxter Promotions (LBP), John Mendonca's Alliance Promotions,

Sometimes they see their events to go by Alliance Promotions sometimes I see their events under John Mendonca not sure if it is two promotions working together or if John owns Alliance?
I just get an email every once in a while when they have a card. I think it's always been Lee Baxter, but i've never really looked closely. I think he also used to have a gym on Queen St. near Parliament, Hard Knocks boxing gym or something, but it closed down.

*USA [1. Premier Boxing Champions, 2. Top Rank Boxing, 3. Golden Boy Promotions]

• California, USA: Golden Boy Promotions (Oscar De La Hoya), Shapiro Sports & Entertainment LLC. (Shane Shapiro), Triller Fight club, MarvNation Promotions (Marvin Rodriguez), Roy Jones Jr Boxing Promotions (RJJ Promotions) (on ProBoxTV), 360 Promotions' Hollywood Fight Nights (Tom Loeffler) on UFC Fight Pass, Thompson Boxing Promotions (Ken Thompson & Alex Camponovo), Fight Club OC (Roy Englebrecht), TGB Promotions (aligned with Haymon’s PBC), Uppercut Boxing Promotions,
• Colorado, USA: Airtight Boxing,
• Delaware, USA: Strict Biz Promotions,
• Florida, USA: Don King Productions, Mundo Boxing Promotions, Christy Martin Promotions, Sampson Boxing Promotions (SB) (Sampson Lewkowicz), M & R Boxing Promotions, Warriors Boxing Promotions, Iron Mike Productions (formerly Acquinity Sports), Pro Box Promotions (Garry Jonas), Tarver Promotions (Antonio Tarver) on ProBoxTV, Reyes Fire Fist Boxing Promotions (Fire Fist Boxing Promotions & Reyes Boxing Promotions), The Heavyweight Factory,
• Texas, USA: Davies Entertainment, Force Train Promotions, The Boxing Showcase, Tapia Promotions,
• New Jersey, USA: Duva Boxing [Main Events] (Cathy Duva) Don King purchased 50% of the company, Abella Boxing Promotions,
• New England, USA: CES Boxing,
• New York, USA: DiBella Entertainment's Lou Dibella's Broadway Boxing
(Lou DiBella jr.), Joe DeGuardia's Star Boxing, Vito Mielnicki’s GH3 Promotions (aligned with Haymon’s PBC),
• Tennessee, Nashville USA: Tri-star Boxing, Ramon Arellano, Lamont Ingram,
• Louisville, Kentucky, USA: Lee Kiper,
• Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA: IGNITE promotions,
• Michigan, USA: Salita Promotions (Dmitriy Salita),
• Montana, USA: Fusion Fight League,
• Nevada, USA: PBC (Al Haymon), Top Rank Boxing (Bob Arum), Mayweather Promotions, Monarch Events and Promotions [Reno], World Fighting Championships,
• Illinois, USA: MVP Boxing (Jake Paul), Chicago Fight Clubs Promotion LLC (Wasfi Tolaymat),
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA: Banner Promotions (Arthur R. Pelullo), Kings Promotions (Marshall Kauffman) [Combined with Andrew Foy's Titans Boxing Promotions],
• Massachusetts, USA: Vertex Promotions,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Puerto Rico: PR Best, Fresh Productions Boxing (promoter of Subriel Matias), Cotto Promotions (Miguel Cotto) events on ProBoxTV,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*UK [1. Matchroom Boxing, 2. Queensberry Promotion, 3. Boxxer]

Matchroom Boxing (Eddie Hearn), Queensberry Promotion (Frank Warren), BOXXER Promotions (Ben Shalom), Kynoch Boxing [Scotland], Goodwin Boxing (Steve Goodwin), Dennis Hobson Promotions, Neilson Boxing Promotion (Mark Neilson), St. Andrew's Sporting Club [Scotland], Hennessy Sports, Cyclone Promotions, Wasserman, Misfit, Priority Promotions,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Ireland: Conlan Boxing,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Mexico: Zanfer Boxing Promotions, Producionnes Deportivas, Alcaraz Jr Promotions, Bx Stars (BXSTRS Promotions), Jibaros Boxing, Makina Boxing Promotions, 4×4 Promotions, JMM Promotions (Juan Manuel Marquez Promotions) to be on ProBoxTV, Cancun Boxing, ER Promotions,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
Australian National Boxing Federation (ANBF), J.N.I Promotions, Tasman Fighters (co-promote Jai Opetaia with Matchroom), Wildfighter (Will Tomlinson), Big Time boxing (Brian Armatruda),
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*New Zealand: Glozier Boxing,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Germany: Universum Box Promotion, Petkox Boxing Promotions, SES Boxing, German Boxing Association (GBA), Bund Deutscher Berufsboxer (BDB),
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Argentina: Arano Box, Chino Maidana Promotions, Federación Argentina de Box, OR Promotions, Argentina Boxing Promotions (ABP),
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Spain: Gallego Prada Promociones, Maravilla Box, MGZ Promotions,
(AEBOX) Asociacion Espanola de Boxeo (formerly Spanish Boxing Association), KO Boxing,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*France: French Boxing Federation (FFB), All Star Boxing France,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Italy: Italian Boxing Federation (IBF), Rosanna Conti Cavini Production,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Philippines: World Council Combat Sports Philippines (WCCSP), Sanman Productions, Elorde International, Manny Pacquiao Promotions (MP Promotions), Omega Boxing Promotions,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Vietnam: Cocky Buffalo,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Thailand: Southeast Asia Fighting Championship, TL boxing promotion, Sirimongkhon Boxing, Highland Boxing Team,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Japan: Japan Boxing Commission, Teiken Promotions (Akihiko Honda), Ohashi, Misako, Hatanaka, Ioka, Watanabe, Mutoh, Ioka, Shinsei, Kyoei Misako, Yokohama Hikari, World Sport, Dangan Boxing,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*South Korea: Korea Boxing Association,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Kazakhstan: Tukeshov Promotions,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Russia: Russian Boxing Federation, RCC Boxing Promotions, World Total Kombat Federation, Shamo Boxing Promotions, Yuka Promotions, Titov Boxing Promotions, Ural Boxing Promotions,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Poland: Queensberry Promotions Poland,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*El Salvador: Volcano Boxing,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Dominican Republic: Sampson Boxing (Sampson Lewkowicz),
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Colombia: Roberto White,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Latvia: LNK Boxing,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Belgian: Belgian Boxing Federation,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Finland: Pro Boxing Team Finland,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Czech Republic: Czech Union of Professional Boxers (CUPB), Patron Boxing,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Nicaragua: Bufalo Boxing Promotions,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*India: Super Boxing League,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Ukraine: Usyk 17 Promotions, Sparta Boxing Promotions,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Switzerland: Swiss Pro Boxing,
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Romania: Colosseum Tournament (COLOSSEUM),
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*United Arab Emirates (UAE): AAM Seddiqi Sports' Seddiqi Boxing Management (Ahmed Abdul Mageid Seddiqi),
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: Skills Challenge Entertainment (SCEE) (Prince Khalid bin Abdulaziz),
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
*Cuba: The "Domadores de Cuba" team will participate in several professional leagues after signing a contract with the Mexican company Golden Ring Promotion.
🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊
AFRICA:
*Tanzania: Kemmon Sports Agency (KSA), Wilfred Elias Nyamwija,
*Uganda: Ramathan Lutaaya,
*Ghana: Box Office Sports,

🥊🟰🟰🥊🟰🟰🥊

Last edited:
Russia: World of Boxing Promotions Company

Found them while watching this great fight between Makabu vs Papin

*Russia: Russian Boxing Federation, RCC Boxing Promotions, World Total Kombat Federation, Shamo Boxing Promotions, Yuka Promotions, Titov Boxing Promotions, Ural Boxing Promotions, World of Boxing Promotions Company (Andrey Ryabinskiy),

Back