Boxing vs UFC gloves

Espresso

Post USADA
@Silver
Reaction score
One of Adesanya's few loses... Came via boxing gloves defense.

This can help determinate the importance of UFC gloves for Mayweather vs Connor

I get that leg kicks were a big part of this fight, however, there is no way Wilnis is able to stand in front of Adesanya if he wasnt hiding behind them gloves

Determinate???

Make it happen

200w.gif

Was Maywather blocking Conors shots with his gloves?
Has Mayweather had hand problems even with boxing gloves on?
Will Conor gas out whatever he has on his hands?

Mayweather's getting older, Conor should be hitting his peak about now. 1 pointless freakshow fight was bad enough, a 2nd one won't sell as well as the question about whether Conor could do it has already been answered.

Authenticious.

Defense changes drastically when you're using smaller or larger gloves.

Overeem would not have so many KO losses if he was using the larger gloves which he had been trained on since he began his first striking class. His defense would be much better.

Double edge sword

Defense is easier with big gloves, meaning that offense is harder. If you can land through a peak a boo style fighter in boxing, imagine with mma gloves.

Defense changes drastically when you're using smaller or larger gloves.

Overeem would not have so many KO losses if he was using the larger gloves which he had been trained on since he began his first striking class. His defense would be much better.

I was going to mention Overeem as well. UberReem in K1 would just hide behind his big gloves and basically walk a guy into a corner and unload all 285 pounds of muscle into the dude.
When he tried that in MMA the gloves didn't block the shots and there were no corners to back the other guy into. He had to adjust his style a lot.

Mayweather's getting older, Conor should be hitting his peak about now. 1 pointless freakshow fight was bad enough, a 2nd one won't sell as well as the question about whether Conor could do it has already been answered.

Pointless freakshow for sure. I "protested" and didn't buy and dissuaded all my casual sports fans from buying it.

That said, you are so dead wrong that the second one won't sell as well as the first IF it were a MMA fight in the UFC (and please stop and think before trying to say it will NEVER happen). People WANT to see Mayweather get his ass kicked possibly more than any athlete who ever lived. They paid even when there is a remote 2% chance of it happening in a boxing match, when it's a 90% chance in a MMA fight? This will sell like 6 million+ if it is UFC MMA rules.

Defense completely changes with MMA gloves. Throw the shell out the window.

Back