Brand New Matt Hughes interview

Love you Adam! Thanks for all the content. Friday’s are for mma podcasts. Especially when it’s you Don, Sean and the Mexican guy :cool::cool::cool:

So was it a suicide attempt?

How does a car get hit on the train tracks?

There are all kinds of cars that get hit at railroad crossings in well marked, busy locales. This apparently happened at a rural road crossing in the fields where vision can be skewed by all kinds of things. Matt's family would know if it was intentional or not, but if he's making a claim against the railroad he's saying it wasn't intentional.

Hughes is a piece of shit but I don't wish train accidents on him. The universe works in mysterious ways though.

There are all kinds of cars that get hit at railroad crossings in well marked, busy locales. This apparently happened at a rural road crossing in the fields where vision can be skewed by all kinds of things. Matt's family would know if it was intentional or not, but if he's making a claim against the railroad he's saying it wasn't intentional.

Hughes is a piece of shit but I don't wish train accidents on him. The universe works in mysterious ways though.
Yep I've had a couple of close calls when I was driving in my own world (usually listening to something) and there was little warning on a rural road. And there are some who try to beat trains before they come. I'm sure the vast majority of accidents aren't suicide attempts. Who would sit there and wait for a train (and hope you timed it right) when there are much faster options? Not that I encourage anyone to commit suicide..just saying there are instant methods.

It was a level crossing with adequate warning, according to the train people. Also, they say he was on the phone at the time, and his wife said he was depressed. My memory is a little hazy on this, but I think I remember reading something where she made some allegations that might back up the suicide theory. My apologies if I am not remembering correctly. Of course, the train people are advocating in their own self interest, but Matt has a spotty track record. Also, I haven't listened to the cast, but I do hope you answered the real question here - who go the tractor, him or his brother? I do hope Matt is ok, and I hope he learned some valuable lessons about life.
Edit: Here is a pic of the train crossing. It would be hard to miss a train here. Also, here is an article where the train company's argument is listed.

Well for a guy who got his brain scrambled in his sport, and then got it scrambled much worse because of a train crash, he sounds okay. I don't know if he picked up on the "you've said a lot of terrible things before" barb. He at least sounds like he has very coherent thoughts, it's just his brain doesn't necessarily have the motor functions to output it normally. Great episode.

Not many people come out in that good a shape after getting hit by a train

Just like how his buddy Robbie should've gotten out of the Colby train, he should've gotten out of them train tracks.

It was a level crossing with adequate warning, according to the train people. Also, they say he was on the phone at the time, and his wife said he was depressed. My memory is a little hazy on this, but I think I remember reading something where she made some allegations that might back up the suicide theory. My apologies if I am not remembering correctly. Of course, the train people are advocating in their own self interest, but Matt has a spotty track record. Also, I haven't listened to the cast, but I do hope you answered the real question here - who go the tractor, him or his brother? I do hope Matt is ok, and I hope he learned some valuable lessons about life.
Edit: Here is a pic of the train crossing. It would be hard to miss a train here. Also, here is an article where the train company's argument is listed.
Yeah, that looks like a clear train track, no visible obstructions.
I don't think people suicide by train. He might have tried to beat it or wasn't paying attention, talking on phone, distracted, upset, etc. He also didn't have previous attempts.

I haven't watched any of the interviews and have zero interest in that kind of stuff. I just want to watch the fights.

Having said that I can't imagine anyone choosing a car on a train track to commit suicide. That seems like a giant chance of just ending up screwed up worse with no death. If you want suicide on the train tracks why would you even want the protection of the car? You would just sit on the tracks with no car.

I know people hate on Matt Hughes for his personality and his past, but I only watched fights and never looked into that, so its sad to hear him speak like someone else. Hope he can eventually recover fully.

I had the honor to interview Matt Hughes yesterday. Here is the interview. Also Chas Skelly and Devin Clark came on the show as well. Hope you enjoy.
Adam

Here is the link for Spotify

You couldn't resist, could you?

You start the interview by joking, "You sound better than I do, and I haven't been hit by a train."

Could you have been any more disrespectful?

Reactions: HHJ
Why is there such hate for this guy?

I know fucking nothing about his personal life.

Why is there such hate for this guy?

I know fucking nothing about his personal life.
Someone read his autobiography and did a chapter by chapter breakdown with cliff notes on here. He was a major dick when he was younger, alot of it was pretty disturbing.

Back