Brazilian FightWear Pro Model Shorts

Reaction score
Alright, so I got the BFW Team Model and did a review of them awhile back. I liked those shorts A LOT. I still like them, but the Pro model is just awesome.

http://www.brazilianfightwear.com/s...36181669&Store_id=117&page_id=23&Item_ID=1681

Construction: The quality and the way the shorts are constructed is the same as the Team Model. There's triple stitching on the major seams, except for the top closure area and the fly, where double stitching is used. I've rolled in these shorts at least 8 times now and there's no problem with them wearing down. One difference in the construction of these shorts is that instead of one connecting point (Like most sport shorts) and on the Team Model, is the use of flex-panel-like part. While this piece of material is -NOT- made of lycra like the Sprawl flex panel, it helps the shorts move a bit better with you. EVERY PANEL on these shorts uses the ploystretch microfiber (Similar to Sprawl, NoGi).

Split Seams: These shorts feature split seams. At first I didn't think they'd be that big of a deal, but they do keep the shorts out of your way when kicking or shooting. IT should be noted though, I had no problems with high kicks, or shooting takedowns with the Team Model. The leg width on both models is more than enough to allow for easy kicks, shots whatever. The Split seams just ensure that nothing gets caught up.

Closure System: The closure system on these shorts is exactly the same as on the Team Model. There is a boardshort like inside tie, with the main closure coming from the velcro. The inside tie let's you cinch the shorts a bit, but you should order to YOUR WAIST SIZE. BFW has US sizes and the actual CM measurement of the Pro Model listed, so measure your waist. The Pro Model runs a little bit smaller in the waist than the Team Model (The Pro size 36 has a 36.6 waise whereas the Team 36 has a 37.4 waist. Having lost some weight I had to add an extra hole in the Team model shorts so I could get them to stay a bit tighter.

Design: Like the Team Model, I got these in black and white (More of a grayish white, but still looks really good). I like the japanese "Jiu jitsu" graphic, these are not as low key as the Team Model though, as they say "Professional Fighter" on the right leg. The deigns are great though, and have not peeled or come apart on me yet, so they're pretty durable.

Overall: Overall, again, the closure system is a bit limited in how adjustable it is, but if you order the right size, these will be great. The construction and materials are top notch (AGAIN). I can't think of anything really bad to say about these, it'd be great if BFW offered this model with a slightly smaller graphic on the right leg. But that's a small complaint, and not even a problem, some people may not want the 'professional fighter' emblem though. I don't mind it, the fist is kinda cool looking to me. Finally to rate these shorts: 9. Again, the closure system holds these back a little bit, but they work very well, these shorts won't fall off or anything like that, but there's not as much adjustability as with an elactic styled waistband. Everything else is amazing. I highly reccomend these shorts.

Also, the service I've received from BFW was really great. Pedro at BFW did his best to respond to every message in a timely manner and was always helpful and positive. If you think the Pro Model graphics are too much for you, then definitely check out the Team Model, they're really great with more laid back graphics (the side panels just say BFW1.com) and you can see my review of them here: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=348167

Hope this helped.

Thanks again man. We're about to launch 2 new models with smaller logos for those who prefer low profile products.

BFW TEAM
as proud as we can be!

hey do you guys also make the btt shorts? Cus when i went to btt in rio they carried your shorts also.

Hey Blanko,

No we don't, perhaps you saw one of our sponsored fighters using our shorts.

By the way, BTT does make excellent quality shorts too!

BFW TEAM

Back