News Breaking: Alex Pereira vs. Jamahal Hill announced as the UFC 300 Main Event

Who wins?

• Total voters
This isn't the "mind-blowing" main event announcement Dana was promising for a special event. This is a reasonable main event for any other numbered card.

I don't want to pedal conspiracy but Alex Pereira will have fought LHWs coming off of injuries. Hill coming back this quickly from a ruptured achilles within a year is insane and favors Pereira to get a leg TKO or buckle the injured leg to a TKO finish. Why are the UFC not throwing Ank in there while Hill recovers? We all know why but this is the narrative I can't seeing with Pereira at LHW.
Ank might be least marketable fighter the UFC has ever had on their roster .... EVER

Great, should be an entertaijing one. Card looks good.

GGm-YEYFXg-AA-s-V5.jpg

There are 2 main events in my eye's and neither is Pereira vs Hill

Alex is the best thing that has happened to the UFC in recent years.

Would've preferred Izzy v Poatan 3 but oh well

Why? I didn't think y'all really existed.

Izzy lost his last fight. Hasn't fought at 205 for years...when he lost. He's 1-2 in his last 3. How on earth does him getting a title shot at 205 make any sense whatsoever.

Alex vs Hill is a much better matchup and Hill actually deserves to be there.

Why? I didn't think y'all really existed.

Izzy lost his last fight. Hasn't fought at 205 for years...when he lost. He's 1-2 in his last 3. How on earth does him getting a title shot at 205 make any sense whatsoever.

Alex vs Hill is a much better matchup and Hill actually deserves to be there.

Hill deserves it more. But Izzy is no doubt the bigger fight. Considering Izzy's title run, name and overall history with Alex it would have been the better fight for 300. Izzy may be 1-2 in those title fights, but lets not forget that the 1, was a pretty brutal KO over Alex. And they're 1-1 in MMA, a 3rd fights settles it for good.

I think most fans would have preferred Izzy vs Alex 3.

It's obvious it was best option they had at this point.

What I don't believe is this match up is what caused a late announcement.

Good fight but not good enough to headline UFC 300.

How so? He's an exciting fighter and finisher who won the title and never lost the belt. I'm not seeing a bigger fight to be made at 205.
Exactly what I meant. Its the champion vs the interim champion and yet many seem to be unenthused by it. It’s not because they don’t want to see Pereira.

Yeah, the event being at the end of Ramadan was a real issue. Pretty much ruled out the LW title, all the WW contenders, Ankalaev, BW, FW and MW all fought too close for a turnaround, and they ruined a HW by not stripping Jones and letting him hand pick his opponents. This was the best they could come up with, and it's still a decent fight, but not the most interesting to see Alex fight another guy who's no grappling threat at all.

Last edited:
Hill deserves it more. But Izzy is no doubt the bigger fight. Considering Izzy's title run, name and overall history with Alex it would have been the better fight for 300. Izzy may be 1-2 in those title fights, but lets not forget that the 1, was a pretty brutal KO over Alex. And they're 1-1 in MMA, a 3rd fights settles it for good.

I think most fans would have preferred Izzy vs Alex 3.

You're probably right from a business sense. Im just a cranky old man and don't like the changes. Like if they could have got Conor, he would've been main even and people would've went crazy. Even tho he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the top as far as rankings.

Should be a decisive ending here. Eitger Pereira kicks Hill’s leg until he can pick him apart OR Hill fights with a blitzing, aggressive stand up attack until he secures a takedown and probably finishes Pereira on the ground. This has the potential to be an exciting fight while it lasts
biden-sniff.gif

Back