Television Breaking Bad

I thought it kept things interesting with multiple arcs spanning different time frames and characters with the Strike Team vs the inevitable always present.

To each their own though.
Yep, I'm in the minority when it comes to The Shield and Justified.

I believe I'll it will be season 2 episode 10 I'll watching tonight. The episode where Tuco kidnaps them and wants to into Mexico was an intense one.

My only complaint about the show so far is when he is with his family it bogs it down where it's almost boring to watch.

And watched where they introduce Saul.

Liked BCS more

Had zero interest in BB to family stuff, hanks stuff, jesses storyline or anything non meth related

glad to see that yall are keeping the buzz and hype up
Breaking Bad 2 is just around the corner
edit: (if yall havent finished the series dont watch the trailer it spoils some of the stuff later in BB1 setting up BB2)

I heard they actually killed Elon for this movie. Its just that big

glad to see that yall are keeping the buzz and hype up
Breaking Bad 2 is just around the corner
edit: (if yall havent finished the series dont watch the trailer it spoils some of the stuff later in BB1 setting up BB2)

I heard they actually killed Elon for this movie. Its just that big

Your Honor that ain't BB2

not understanding the negativity surrounding the later seasons of Better Call Saul? i just finished season 5 & it was the best season so far. the show is at its best when Lalo Salamanca is in it, & his storyline revs into full gear in season 5.

We're speaking about the black and white scenes you haven't seen yet. The prequel part of BCS is amazing.

Also the way the show ends prevents people from watching BCS before BB. They have to watch BB first the way it was taped. And we're right to shit on them for that. Because many people over the decades will spoil themselves watching the show in the correct chronological order.

In that same vein, legendary as BB is, BCS edges it out overall for me. The depth & quality of the storytelling is so high level. I sorta think of it in martial art terms, BB was great purplebelts making a show, but by the time they finished it, it was fine blackbelts making BCS from the jump. Even just like the Lalo storyline alone for example, is told in such a great degree of superbly-executed detail.

So you're saying BCS modified the crude, strength-based techniques of BB and refined them to incorporate leverage so they could work for the smaller man?

They really found a 24k goldmine with that casting

bx4w206ybwj81.gif

And to think, fhe character almost didn't exist. Vince Gilligan fully admits, he wanted to skip the 'Lalo' reference from BB when they were in the writers room for BCS, but it was Peter Gould who was insistent, and fought for making Lalo into a character & inserting him into the show. Thank gawd

Lalo was great but Nacho (and his dad)'s storyline was the best written and acted character arc in BB/BCS other than possibly Walter White. Dude is just a jacked Mexican boy and all around chingon.

nacho-varga-ignacio-varga.gif

i just finished season 5 & it was the best season so far. the show is at its best when Lalo Salamanca is in it, & his storyline revs into full gear in season 5.

You're (rightfully) going to continue thinking this until some point in S6, but you will at least understand where the naysayers are coming from after you finish the series. Agree all the cartel stuff including Lalo is fecking great and easily on par with BB and arguably even better.

So you're saying BCS modified the crude, strength-based techniques of BB and refined them to incorporate leverage so they could work for the smaller man?

Lalo was great but Nacho (and his dad)'s storyline was the best written and acted character arc in BB/BCS other than possibly Walter White. Dude is just a jacked Mexican boy and all around chingon.

nacho-varga-ignacio-varga.gif

I despised Nachos dad tbh he was like that oblivious oaf that causes problems for everyone and has no fucking idea what the fuck hes doing. Dare I say a male Skyler. I didn't find him to be loveable at all he didn't deserve a son like Nacho who sacrificed the shit he did for him. And he never has any idea all the shit he caused. People fighting wars over this motherfucker and hes just out here whistling running a car repair business with his stupid mustache.

I despised Nachos dad tbh he was like that oblivious oaf that causes problems for everyone and has no fucking idea what the fuck hes doing. Dare I say a male Skyler. I didn't find him to be loveable at all he didn't deserve a son like Nacho who sacrificed the shit he did for him. And he never has any idea all the shit he caused. People fighting wars over this motherfucker and hes just out here whistling running a car repair business with his stupid mustache.
<{clintugh}><{nope}>

Nacho was like Lil Walter White but without the cancer

Nacho's death scene is hands down the best scene in the entire series (so far, although i doubt it's getting topped). Michael Mando absolutely slays every line delivery & shatters the day to pieces when he crescendos into, "you think of me!"

fuckin' bone-chilling.

LMFAO that's one way to see it lol.

But we have to remember that Nacho's dad is only in the cartel's crossfire because Nacho chose that life. And Nacho was no saint. Dude went for the money, the status and he was balling in his pimp pad with his two bishes like Chingy at the Holidae Inn, while his dad just wanted an honest living stitching upholstery and eating stale bimbo bread sandwiches and recycling glass bottles of Jarritos.

Papacho was like a principled William Wallace to Nacho's Robert the Bruce. Yes he caused some problems for Nacho but Nacho just wanted his approval. This is one of the best scenes in BCS:

LMFAO that's one way to see it lol.

But we have to remember that Nacho's dad is only in the cartel's crossfire because Nacho chose that life. And Nacho was no saint. Dude went for the money, the status and he was balling in his pimp pad with his two bishes like Chingy at the Holidae Inn, while his dad just wanted an honest living stitching upholstery and eating stale bimbo bread sandwiches and recycling glass bottles of Jarritos.

Papacho was like a principled William Wallace to Nacho's Robert the Bruce. Yes he caused some problems for Nacho but Nacho just wanted his approval. This is one of the best scenes in BCS:

Most of Nacho being no saint takes place before the show. We know intellectually Nacho was a bad dude and deserves whats happening to him on some level. All we ever actually see in the actual show is him being selfless putting his fathers interests first and his father having a stick up his ass about how he should go to the police.

Most of Nacho being no saint takes place before the show. We know intellectually Nacho was a bad dude and deserves whats happening to him on some level. All we ever actually see in the actual show is him being selfless putting his fathers interests first and his father having a stick up his ass about how he should go to the police.
<36>

@Osculater's comparison to Lil Walter White is apt because they both end up as bad guys (by virtue of working for a criminal cartel) who are admirably loyal to family and friends like Mike is. I'd argue Nacho is more like Mike in that he doesn't flex on people out of ego like Walt does on occasion. But like Walt, Nacho redeemed himself by going out on his own terms like a boss while ensuring that the people he cared about would be taken care of.

Last edited:
Back