Television Breaking Bad

still not sure what people are talking about RE: late season of BCS. i just finished s6e7 & holy shit. brutal.

some of y’all have no goddamn clue what you’re talking about if i’m being totally honest.

still not sure what people are talking about RE: late season of BCS. i just finished s6e7 & holy shit. brutal.

some of y’all have no goddamn clue what you’re talking about if i’m being totally honest.

You're ALMOST there. Don't shit on us until you're done.

You're ALMOST there. Don't shit on us until you're done.

This.

HenryFlower: I've totally watched like almost all the stuff that's great and have almost gotten to the part that's not so great, so I kind of have no idea WTF I'm talking about but Ima call it now: all y'all are full of shite. King Kong ain't got shit on me.

Last edited:
guess we’ll see!

You'll know it when you see it, but it's very different from where some of us thought the show was heading. When BCS was airing live, about half of us on this forum really liked the ending and the other half were like WTF. Even if you love it, you will at least understand why some of us don't.

Last edited:
i honestly don’t get it, but i’ve never watched BB so maybe i just don’t give a damn about w/e it is people don’t like about the last three episodes.

i honestly don’t get it, but i’ve never watched BB so maybe i just don’t give a damn about w/e it is people don’t like about the last three episodes.

Then you don't appreciate the context of the B&W sequences, all of which occur after the events of BB. The color sequences which are the meat of BCS are a prequel to BB and feature many of the same characters.

Now that you've finished BCS, you know how BB ends so that's going to take some of the shine off watching it. But it's definitely still worth watching. One of the "drawbacks" of watching BB first was that we knew which characters were going to be left standing at the end of BCS (because they were featured in BB). So going in cold and not knowing how BB started, you possibly enjoyed the color sequences of BCS more. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, the ideal order to watch everything without any spoilers probably would have been 1) color sequences of BCS, 2) BB, 3) B&W sequences of BCS.

Then you don't appreciate the context of the B&W sequences, all of which occur after the events of BB. The color sequences which are the meat of BCS are a prequel to BB and feature many of the same characters.

Now that you've finished BCS, you know how BB ends so that's going to take some of the shine off watching it. But it's definitely still worth watching. One of the "drawbacks" of watching BB first was that we knew which characters were going to be left standing at the end of BCS (because they were featured in BB). So going in cold and not knowing how BB started, you possibly enjoyed the color sequences of BCS more. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, the ideal order to watch everything without any spoilers probably would have been 1) color sequences of BCS, 2) BB, 3) B&W sequences of BCS.

This means that we have to watch Breaking Bad to fully understand the BCS. This is a very long series, it takes more than a month if I watch one episode every day.

I tried watching El Camino, I was lost also.

This means that we have to watch Breaking Bad to fully understand the BCS. This is a very long series, it takes more than a month if I watch one episode every day.

I tried watching El Camino, I was lost also.

This is debatable but I agree to some extent. For sure El Camino would make no damn sense if you haven't seen BB. But BB and BCS, the main benefit of watching BB first is that it is more raw. As @Peteyandjia noted earlier, the writers and producers were still finding the tone and world building. In BCS, they've dialed in the tone, world is already built and we know what happens next, so you get to enjoy some of the intentional easter eggs the writers put in there.

But even still, I think watching BCS (without the B&W scenes and other flash forward spoilers) followed by BB might be a more fun viewing experience. But debatable for sure. Would be an interesting poll topic.

Shit knowing how BB goes and BCS i would not even watch BB if i had to choose one

BCS doesnt have walts family, jesse, jesses romantic adventures, the bald fat cop and his hot wife

Like BCS characters are far better and interesting storylines

This is debatable but I agree to some extent. For sure El Camino would make no damn sense if you haven't seen BB. But BB and BCS, the main benefit of watching BB first is that it is more raw. As @Peteyandjia noted earlier, the writers and producers were still finding the tone and world building. In BCS, they've dialed in the tone, world is already built and we know what happens next, so you get to enjoy some of the intentional easter eggs the writers put in there.

But even still, I think watching BCS (without the B&W scenes and other flash forward spoilers) followed by BB might be a more fun viewing experience. But debatable for sure. Would be an interesting poll topic.

It's currently on netflix and the B&W soundtrack is the funniest. anyway will try watching them soon. thanks.

People overthink these things too much. If you want to do it right -- at least in my opinion, anyways -- just watch it in the order the creators made & released it. There are all sorts of subtle callbacks, you will get the most out of the experience this way. Trying to mess with that, outsmart the creators & watch it in your own assembled chronology, you will miss many embedded references to many things which are spread out all over the series.

BB, all seasons
BCS, seasons 1-4
El Camino
BCS seasons 5-6

^^
The order it was released can't be beat imho

Well I just got done watching the episode where the twins just tried and fail to kill Frank.

So far season 3 is great.

People overthink these things too much. If you want to do it right -- at least in my opinion, anyways -- just watch it in the order the creators made & released it. There are all sorts of subtle callbacks, you will get the most out of the experience this way. Trying to mess with that, outsmart the creators & watch it in your own assembled chronology, you will miss many embedded references to many things which are spread out all over the series.

BB, all seasons
BCS, seasons 1-4
El Camino
BCS seasons 5-6

^^
The order it was released can't be beat imho

I mean BCS is a 95% prequel. People watching it first isn't exactly ones own "assembled chronology". Thats just a natural inclination when reading a story to start at chapter 1.

Watching it in the order it was produced is easy for all of us in this time period. But 10-20 years from now many would be inclined to watch the prequel first. And I see the way they ended BCS as a poision pill meant to fuck over those people. It happens right before said people would finish BCS and presumably move on to BB too. I'm not saying it shouldn't have ended in the future but they basically have Saul and the court give a rundown of how BB ended. And there was really reason for the story to go there. .

Last edited:

You really don't?

You don't see how Kim abandoning Jimmy and him taking the fall for a plot she was mainly responsible for as an unsatisfying ending? Jimmy also took the fall for various other things that other people were responsible for and he actually risked his life to try and prevent(the main examples I'm refering to are BB related). Sauls character was a monster but this is mostly offscreen and he is mainly going to prison for things he had nothing to do with.

The biggest problem with BCS is its supposed to show the transformation of Jimmy into the evil Saul Goodman. BCS does not show that. One second we're still on Jimmys side as his life is ripped apart by forces outside of his control the next second hes Saul Goodman waking up after fucking a hooker and we're just supposed to blame him for everything when the show hasn't turned us against him like they did with Walt. For creators who are most revered for explaining everything down to bugging someones car you'd think they'd actually explain a characters turn to the dark side better than "timeskip, hes bad now".

You really don't?

You don't see how Kim abandoning Jimmy and him taking the fall for a plot she was mainly responsible for as an unsatisfying ending? Jimmy also took the fall for various other things that other people were responsible for and he actually risked his life to try and prevent(the main examples I'm refering to are BB related). Sauls character was a monster but this is mostly offscreen and he is mainly going to prison for things he had nothing to do with.

The biggest problem with BCS is its supposed to show the transformation of Jimmy into the evil Saul Goodman. BCS does not show that. One second we're still on Jimmys side as his life is ripped apart by forces outside of his control the next second hes Saul Goodman waking up after fucking a hooker and we're just supposed to blame him for everything when the show hasn't turned us against him like they did with Walt. For creators who are most revered for explaining everything down to bugging someones car you'd think they'd actually explain a characters turn to the dark side better than "timeskip, hes bad now".

This.

My biggest gripe with BCS is that it ends with f'ing Jimmy McGill "atoning for" and taking the fall for everything that Walt orchestrates in BB. That's just... stupid. That would be like Tinker the fat lackey being held accountable for all the mean shit Brad Wesley did in Road House, after he spent the entire final scene (with all the shooting and killing) KTFO'ed under a stuffed polar bear.

1715998893923.png

Last edited:
Back