Breaking: UFC, ONE Championship close to trade involving Demetrious Johnson and Ben Askren.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is embarrassing for "Mighty Mouse."
I don't think so. As someone else stated here, he'll have fighters his size in Onefc, plenty of exciting fights for Demetrius over there, he won't be a small fish in a big pond, it's a good move for him imo.

Looking at twitter is it possible this is being done without MM consent?

Such a clause will almost certainly be struck as illegal by any court. Can't see how it is possible for you to force someone to be employed by a party he doesn't want to work for.

I guess the rumors about the flyweight division are true, unifying fight between TJ and Henry incoming, Moraes getting fucked again.

Has to be the case.

You wouldn't cast off one of the P4P best fighters in the world with the current record for title defenses otherwise.

Annoying because 125 has a lot of fun, technical fights.

Hell yeah Woodley is losing that belt if this happens.
I assume DJ had to agree, I doubt it would be legal otherwise

Tyron-Woodley-and-Ben-Askren.png
Nope. Training partners.

I can't see them bringing Askren over if he asked for a 'no fight Woodley' clause.

They already do not like Woodley and having Askren potentially become the Fitch of the division and knock off any up coming contenderes while not fighting the champ would be Dana's nightmare.

Are UFC contracts transferable like that? Does DJ get a say in this or is this like a sports trade? This all seems very strange to me

I actually like the idea of trades. I think it would be good to give guys on the roster new opportunity and a fresh take if they start to get stale.

Ya I doubt the UFC contracts are 'assignable' without the fighter agreeing. Particularly where PPV is involved. This would be the UFC saying they will RELEASE Mighty Mouse in return for OneFC RELEASING Askren and both already seeing new contracts with the other org they are counter sign at the same time for a new deal.

Good deal. The UFC hates Demetrius, and that division is basically finished.

Hopefully a GSP vs Askren fight will happen next.

Damn DJ wtf. One loss and he ready to be gone. I hope he's ready to start juicing too

Great, now we finally get to settle the debate about who is the better MMA fighter: Kahbib or Ben.

K-hab1b slaughters Askren on the feet while nullifying his wrestling <Oku02>

Such a clause will almost certainly be struck as illegal by any court. Can't see how it is possible for you to force someone to be employed by a party he doesn't want to work for.

That isn't what is happening obviously

I'm guessing that clause is included in case of selling the company. Remember they got f***ed over badly when they bought Pride, because most of the bigger contracts didn't transfer with the sale. Kinda hard to sell for $4 Billion when all your biggest stars would immediately be free agents the second the sale went through.

Good move imho. DJ can fight cans and gain confidence. He'll be back..

This will be taking can crushing to a whole different level by DJ

i get very excited before MM fight why release him? fuck you bald goof

Dj was talking about rizin and one before he lost to Henry

Maybe he wants out of ufc and wants to fight elsewhere. If both guys wanna switch orgs then I see no reason to oppose it.

Not a chance, I don't know why people keep saying this.

Exactly and woodley most likely isn’t loosing any time soon. I don’t think Askren has ever fought at MW either. Not sure why the UFC would want to sign him unless they want to do GSP vs Askren.

Yeah, Go Funky. GSP can't duck you anymore.
Not sure if Serious
images

How is the guy who fought all contenders the UFC had Ducking a guy who went to Asia to fight FWs and LWs instead of coming to the UFC to compete against men his own size?
<{gspressed}>

DJ probably knew once he lost the division was gone

he didn't even seem upset after he lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeKa
Back