Breaking: UFC, ONE Championship close to trade involving Demetrious Johnson and Ben Askren.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on, hold on, if trades are allowed this is a game changer.
Who are we giving up for Fedor?

DJ is probably more fitting for Japanese promotions. Any time that guy broke a record, delivered a 1st round KO, or executed an amazing submission, UFC fans just shit talked him more. Some of the most consistently negative posting I've ever seen on any forum lol.

giphy.gif

tumblr_n6vgiybbgI1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Thatll be perfect. Dj can go make big money fighting in a region where he isnt so below average size and we get ben.

There's nowhere on planet earth where DJ isn't below average size.

Askren needs to make it to top 15 first. I never watched the guy also dont think i will. But that is one stupid decision to make. Dana is really fucking up the UFC right now. Not promoting Woodley, releasing DJ that MSG card is a disaster, trying to book Cejudo vs TJ as a super fight... he is all emotional.

Wow giving up DJ one of the most accomplished fighters in UFC history.I guess if they're shutting down the flyweight division it's not as bad.He beat Cejudo imo and should have been right up for a rematch.
If he's getting paid better in ONE then go for it.
With Askren im not sure how much he can do. We have a wrestler stacked division already with Tyron, Colby, Usman..
Glad to see him in the UFC finally but not for giving up DJ.

Lmao...THAT'S how much the UFC thinks of DJ.

This is fucking huge. The rumors of GSP vs Askren may appear to be true.

But DJ is the "GREATEST MIXED MARTIAL ARTIST OF ALL TIME" I thought?

Watch askren vs Santos and tell me
1 its worth trading DJ
2 he’s not going to get his head knocked off by Tyron and the other top WWs

Great news, been wanting Ben in the UFC for a long time now. People saying he is boring are out of their fucking minds, he has finished fight after fight and there is nothing more you can ask of a fighter. Say whatever you want about his level of competition (which is total bs) but he has tried to sign with the ufc previously. As for MM this is probably a good thing for him; , he will get likely get paid even more to fight in Asia and has to potential to be a mega star there. Great trade!

the disrespect to DJ is fucking shameful

I've wanted to see Askren fight the best guys in the world and see what happens. But he won't fight Woodley, there's a good chance GSP won't want to fight him, he can't make 155 to fight Khabib, so I'm not sure where that leaves interesting options.

I guess if the UFC is getting rid of 125 they could do GSP vs Askren for a 165 championship?

Last edited:
Lol wut
Mighty Mouse loses/possibly robbed against a guy he steamrolled in the first fight after dominating the division forever and then he gets 'traded'

upload_2018-10-24_15-0-58.jpeg

What a joke. Mighty Mouse = GOAT.

Freaking crazy, man! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back