Brendan Schaub: "It's a matter of time before Khabib gets tired from the takedowns."

Call me crazy, but if Habib gets a clinch, it's Conor that will be burning up energy to keep from going down.

I don't have a timestamp but here are cliffs

• Picks Conor over Khabib
  • Expects Conor's movement to be the difference
  • Expects Khabib will get Conor down
  • Khabib will gas from taking Conor down and Conor will let his hands go
giphy.gif

We have literally zero evidence of Khabib gassing, but we have a CSI lab full of evidence of Conor gassing badly in multiple sports. How he thinks Khabib will be the one to gas is beyond me. I'm not saying Khabib will surely win, but we all know if the fight goes long there is one of these guys who will be gassed as fuck in the later part of the second round.

Kinda dumb

But plausible if Conor chips away at his body like he did against Chad

Being able to take down anyone in the UFC and not getting tired from takedowns are not mutually exclusive.

I'm not saying he's never flip flopped, but the example you provided certainly doesn't indicate flip flopping.

To get tired from takedowns, it is necessary for the person on the bottom to actually get up from the bottom and force their opponent to take them down again.

I do not see Khabib having to take Conor down more than 5 times in this fight. I see no evidence from past fights to make me think Conor has the ability to get out from under Khabib.

Don't know where you got that. khabib hurt al bad in that 5th round , forced him against the cage, dragged him to the ground and kept him there till the end. Where u see tired?

There was a round during the 50-43 scored fight that Khabib decided to strike with him instead of grappling, so the Conor fans like to pretend this shows Khabib was tired and exposed

Shame on TS for tricking me to read anything Schaub related, especially a Schaub prediction. And lol@ Cardio being Khabib's downfall and not Conor's. What a fucking dummy.

lol no. Khabib could wrestle for over an hour and not be tired. Schaub is as awful a analyst as he was a fighter

Saying Khabib is going to lose because Conor will wear him out in grappling is probably the worst prediction you could make for this fight.

There is a reason why Khabib turned down the Aldo fight .

He knows that Aldo has elite striking and also that he has some of the best TDD in UFC . Khabib knew if he fought someone like Aldo with great MMA stand up ad also great TDD that he would be in trouble standing .

Well now he is fighting someone with even better stand up than Aldo and he is praying his TDD is how it looked in the Mendes fight

Because if it is not and Conor was really injured in that fight and Conor actually has elite TDD then Khabib is in serious trouble .

No offense to Al Iquinta and Barboza ,RDA but these guys are not on he same level as Aldo as Mcgregor

Khabib is in for a seriously bad night

I feel khabib will ragdoll him for 4 rounds (drag it out on purpose) and get ko in the 5th

Maybe Shuab will tell us that water is wet next.

Conor will be out of gas before round 2 ends and Khabib will smesh him. It's a fight. When Khabib needs to take a minute to catch his stamina, Conor will have his chance. The strategy should be to destroy the arms with lactic acid for when the stand up finally comes.

Khabib will gas from heavy grappling/wrestling, but Con won't. OK. If Con doesn't sleep him early no amount of "reseting" will save him.

edit: the standups will come very fast this fight Khabob better be ready for it.

If Conor has been training wrestling and grappling harder than ever before during this two year hiatus, is it possible for him to have improved to the point where he could actually stop most if not all of Khabins takedowns?

Was this two year hiatus intentional to delay him facing Khabib so he COULD go train wrestling and TDD for 2 years before actually having to showcase it in front of them the world?

Would be epic if he had been training wrestling and TDD in secret and just dominates Khabib everywhere.

We will see.

I don't have a timestamp but here are cliffs

• Picks Conor over Khabib
  • Expects Conor's movement to be the difference
  • Expects Khabib will get Conor down
  • Khabib will gas from taking Conor down and Conor will let his hands go
giphy.gif

We have literally zero evidence of Khabib gassing, but we have a CSI lab full of evidence of Conor gassing badly in multiple sports. How he thinks Khabib will be the one to gas is beyond me. I'm not saying Khabib will surely win, but we all know if the fight goes long there is one of these guys who will be gassed as fuck in the later part of the second round.

I don't think conor gasses from defending takedowns...I have seen him in him multiple fights, where is defending takedowns, he just doesn't gas that way...he gasses in other ways, just not really that way...conor seems to relax on the ground...when mendes had him down, he seemed relaxed there. once he got up, he had all his wind, and put mendes away....

Didn't Schaub also say that Khabib could take down anyone IN THE UFC including Ngannou and Stipe? Lmao why is he flip flopping so hard.
In a grappling competition, it is highly probable. In fact, I go as far as to say the Ngannou get slaughters and loses badly an ADCC absolute competition to the LW! It would be far closer than you expect and I give Khabib around a 40% chance of beating Stipe in this style grappling competition, but he WOULD at some time score a TD on Stipe!

Cause Conor is such a cardio machine ...

That being said, I think this fight's a lot closer than people think. I wouldn't put it past Conor to flatline him, brutally.

Not sure I see it being "close" as in competitive, maybe one guy might narrowing escape the others strength and then finish with his own but its unlikely to be back and forth.

The big thing Brendan ignores is that Khabib isn't a LnP wrestler, he's not just spending energy holding down an opponent but rather beating the crap out of them to the degree they fade much faster than him.

And now we know who the real moron was in the Igloo ...

Conor only gassed against a man three times his size. And against the greatest defensive boxer of all time.

Have not seen many fighters gassing from beating the shit out of anyone on the ground, probably only Bobby Lashley.

Back