Brendan Schwab: Americans don't care about Khabib

Slippage

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
This guy is taking his McGregor dickriding to a next level. According to Schwab, the 'general consensus' in comments on social media is that people, especially Americans don't give a shit about Khabib.

I must read different social media comments to Brendan, because all I see in the past week are people/celebrities (mostly American) talking about Khabib. TMZ is dropping new Khabib stories every day, and stalking his instagram for scoops. 50 Cent is offering Khabib 2 million to fight in Bellator. WWE is making offers to Khabib.

How does this translate to Americans not giving a fuck about Khabib? He's not Conor, but he's very clearly a star now. Even to Americans.

Who gives a shit about schaub the knob

Last edited:
He dont speak on behalf of Americans. He's an embarrassment actually.

Khabib doesn't have many big paying fans anywhere.

If someone likes his mma cartoon meme on IG that doesn't generate revenue for UFC WME.

He'd basically be at the #10 in terms of drawing power at Middleweight or his natural welterweight. It's like the Kevin Lee fanboys getting giddy when Cerrone has fought the same type of fighters but Cerrone has a cowboy hat and he has some exaggerated street fight stories which makes him the draw.

The real test isn't TMZ or Instagram or Schwab it's how his next PPV sells or first one after Conor if the next one is a Conor rematch.
Obviously the Conor fight and what happened after means it gets coverage but that won't necessarily translate into PPVs, I guess we just wait and see.
If he does get an 18 month suspension people have a short attention span too.

americans don't care about the UFC in general. otherwise we'd have a home grown superstar doing a million+ on ppv.

Brendan Schaub is STILL grieving over his mancrush Connie getting REKT.

UFC-145-pic.jpg

rHRmZpL.jpg

Remove Conor from the conversation and he's gonna fade very quickly from the mainstream consciousness, but for a Russian guy he's done a good job of getting people to care.

Last edited:

If someone likes his mma cartoon meme on IG that doesn't generate revenue for UFC WME.

He'd basically be at the #10 in terms of drawing power at Middleweight or his natural welterweight. It's like the Kevin Lee fanboys getting giddy when Cerrone has fought the same type of fighters but Cerrone has a cowboy hat and he has some exaggerated street fight stories which makes him the draw.

People need exposure and defining moments/fights to become draws. Khabib humiliating Conor McGregor in the biggest UFC pay per view in history is a defining moment and fight. It doesn't matter what his drawing power was before. Going forward, any half competent organisation should be able to market an unbeaten Khabib as a significant draw. Maybe not Conor level. But perhaps GSP or Jon Jones level.

Wonder what Schaubs new Sherdog account is? you know, since his PROlogic account got the ban-hammer.

I have to ask King Mo about this. He knows all about dick riding. Wait that didn't sound right.

Conor has more likes on his latest post than there were sales of the ppv. Nuthuggers are poor and can’t afford it.

when i got back from Vegas everyone at work was asking about Khabib by name and the brawl he caused, and not just the couple of guys who know Conor. he already has a legit hardcore following, and if the UFC played their cards right he could grab a sizable casual audience for future bouts. Of course, he wont ever be as big as McGregor, his popularity is an anomaly beyond the scope of MMA, but Khabib could definitely do solid numbers in the WME era.

Remove Conor from the conversation and he's gonna fade very quickly from the mainstream consciousness, but for a Russian gus he's done a good job of getting people to care.
You should remove conrad from your consciousness, you sound ridiculous. You're in every McGregor thread trying to defend him where he's indefensible

"I know people think I'm a Conor dickrider but I don't have a dog in this fight."

"I'm telling you, man, this will be a dog fight."

Back