Brexit News & Discussion v6: EU Leaders Go to Battle Over Plugging Post-Brexit Budget Gap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did.

I said that I voted Brexit, but I shouldn’t have voted at all.

I would have never voted Remain.

If the UK had voted remain last year, life would have gone on exactly as it is now without the political instability and embarassing show on the international scene. We'd still have austerity and privatisation to fight against, but we wouldn't be in no mans land like we are now.

That ship had sailed so many months ago, and all pointless talks about that from Tony Blair, et al, is just going to distract from the critical task at hand: post-Brexit trade deal negotiation.

If there were actual real leaders in government who cared more about the country than their party or chances at re-election it would be possible. Unfortunately I think you are correct.

If the UK had voted remain last year, life would have gone on exactly as it is now without the political instability and embarassing show on the international scene. We'd still have austerity and privatisation to fight against, but we wouldn't be in no mans land like we are now.

Again, I wouldn’t have voted at all.

The Remain campaign was nasty and insulting to those with fears of the events of the time. The positives of being in the EU were not highlighted, just the idea that we are a weak and racist people. Fears of how the migrant crisis was being handled were valid.

Life was shit back then and it is shit now.

if you vote out of spite and didnt know what you were exactly voting for, then its down to you to take whats coming

Don’t get me wrong. It wasn’t just out of spite. Security concerns was the most practical reason, plus I wanted the U.K. to start being more communal and build more internal trade and invest in its own people, instead of relying on imports and professionals from overseas. A pipe dream really.

All I want to do is to buy a motorbike and ride around the world, staying in hotels and B&Bs every night until I die.

No attachments nor worries or frustrations whatsoever. Just living a varied, exciting life.

Unfortunately I don’t have an infinite supply of money so I am stuck here.

Between posting on here and looking at facebooks LBC page, I feel rather depressed.

Like life is pointless.

Just a pointless, vapid grind to stay alive, so that the pointless, vapid grind continues.

I’m out.

Between posting on here and looking at facebooks LBC page, I feel rather depressed.

Like life is pointless.

Just a pointless, vapid grind to stay alive, so that the pointless, vapid grind continues.

I’m out.

Just go travelling and say fuck it.

That's what I did and now I'm living next to the beach in a subtropical country and drinking a beer.

Brexit was dumb as fuck but it'll blow over. I have a brain and transferable skills.

I think if the UK learns anything from this, it's that its press is toxic. At this stage I nearly feel sorry for you, with all the bullshit they and some of your politicians have sold you.

I think if the UK learns anything from this, it's that its press is toxic. At this stage I nearly feel sorry for you, with all the bullshit they and some of your politicians have sold you.

Yep. Certain sections of our press are just rags with no purpose other than spreading propaganda.

Like life is pointless.

I’m out.

If you've got an Irish parent or grandparent, get an Irish passport. That way you can live and work in the UK, Ireland, the EU and the Commonwealth.

Yep. Certain sections of our press are just rags with no purpose other than spreading propaganda.

Right now I think your biggest problem is your leadership. May will be ousted within the next year or two and the favorites to replace her are

JRM.
PAY-Brexit-with-Jacob-Rees-Mogg-01-Oct-2017jpged.jpg

Boris
66e3e216-91a7-4324-a956-47212db9bfe8.jpg

or Davis.
pri_622383521.jpg

Brexit was the moment when I realized British newspapers are even more partisan than American news. The Guardian is the worst one, there's virtually no difference between the articles on there from the editorials.

Brexit was the moment when I realized British newspapers are even more partisan than American news. The Guardian is the worst one, there's virtually no difference between the articles on there from the editorials.

Daily Mail is the worst.

Like life is pointless.

I’m out.

It's not pointless. Well maybe it is. But you can still have fun.

Run through a football game naked.
Jump from an airplane, scuba dive into ancient ruins, climb an erupting volcano, wing suit through some trees.

Your news is state run.
US is heading that way.

They will tell you what you want to hear. Where else can you go for news?

Start thinking for yourself and be looked at as a crazy conspiracy theorist.

Your news is state run.
US is heading that way.
Most, if not all, news organisations have a political agenda, no different in the US. It's wrong to say the news in the UK is state run though.

Like life is pointless.

I’m out.
Life seems like that if all you focus on is the doom and gloom (which admittedly there is a lot of at the moment and it's mostly what news organisations focus on). Best to not overthink things. Take a holiday and just enjoy yourself. Not to try and sound like yoda or anything, but taking pleasure in the simple things in life is the key to happiness imo. Oh and maybe read some news over at reddit.com/r/UpliftingNews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back