Movies Brian Cox Blames Daniel Day-Lewis for Method Acting Obsession

Is DDL responsible for this method acting obsession?

• Total voters
I had to look up Strong. I thought it was Mark Strong at first. After looking at Jeremy’s filmography I don’t even remember his roles from movies I’ve seen him in.

Brian Cox needs to calm down. He’s on an HBO show. His film success doesn’t belong in the same conversation as a hundred other actors ahead of him.
Being a great actor is not a prerequisite for success in an HBO show. They are predominantly writing driven and the actors have to step up to the writing. The vast majority of superstars made from HBO shows fade into obscurity fairly quickly. Obviously there are exceptions.

After this show they’ll both go back to being leading men is straight to streaming releases or third tier characters riding on the coattails of better actors.

Nothing argument over nothing IMO.

You need to take a good look at Cox’s filmography. He was in a ton of good movies before Succession.

Here's another great actor Vincent D'Onofrio who talks about method acting and DDL.

Method acting was around before DDL and it will be around after him sir.
Cox is just angry DDL is 100x the actor he is.

He isn't. Brian Cox is an amazing actor but he is old and doesn't get the same roles.

A DDL movie is a go to when I see it on cable.... Same with The Rock or Vin Diesel...

I hope you mean The Rock the movie
Black Adam or Hobb and Shaw are a go to for awesome background noise... same with the Rise of the GOATwalker

Lol, DDL could never play the captain in Super Troopers

Lol, DDL could never play the captain in Super Troopers

I think the problem with him being in something like satire is that it doesn't work when it isn't played with a wink to the camera.

Back