Brian Ortega asked Dana White to be paid for UFC 226

LMFAO @ all the Corporate Slaves siding with the Corporate Master...Fuck, you people are Corporate Cucks.

He did everything he could to fight Max Halloway.....Max Halloway pulled out....He was offered a replacement but it was a risk and he opt not to.

Up to the Max Halloway pull out point...He did everything, promos, media, weight cut etc.....He fucking did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He atleast deserves a bit of paycheck for what he did do....At least the fucking expenses he wasted.

UFC is a crap company, so it doesn't surprise me.

Yeah, i find it weird that people are shitting on him for not taking a random replacement. I keep hearing the bollocks about 'thats how the sport was built', 'thats what real fighters used to do' etc.

The sport has moved on and gameplanning for specific oponents has been a thing at the top level for a long time. I aplaud guys accepting last minute replacements (perry/felder) but i accept someone not doing it when the stakes are so high.

This isnt the old days and the anyone/anytime attitude has gone for good after all it just leaves you like coleman/goodridge/ninja/chuck etc. Brain damaged and broke.

I think if your opponent pulls out there should be at least adequate compensation to cover your camp. Actually i think if it goes to fight week and you do your media etc then show money is probably pretty fair.

We have had some shit analogies so far but heres mine... if you contract a company to build a house and they pay the archiect, buy bricks and mortar, hire electricians etc you cannot just turn around and say jobs off and your getting nothing the day the build is due to start.

Ortega is a bit of a tit but this was not fair

For all of you that do not understand business: the risk / reward is not there to fight last minute replacements..

He will make so much more if he wins the belt and it would be stupid to risk that to please the UFC (who have proven many times that they don’t give jack shit about their fighters) or the general public.

For all of you that do not understand business: the risk / reward is not there to fight last minute replacements..

He will make so much more if he wins the belt and it would be stupid to risk that to please the UFC (who have proven many times that they don’t give jack shit about their fighters) or the general public.

Exactly. He turned down the new job offered to wait on the more lucrative job, even though it has been delayed.

But he still wants to get paid for the job he turned down.

Exactly. He turned down the new job offered to wait on the more lucrative job, even though it has been delayed.

But he still wants to get paid for the job he turned down.
He already did part of the job, did marketing, train etc
And this was not his fault so should get at least a %

as someone mentioned, imagine if he won the belt. That would be two divisions with diva champs.

I’m not too sure on the marketing aspect of the UFC but I’m pretty certain that all marketing expenses were covered by the UFC.

The training is an investment that he made in his business to insure a better product. Some fighters invest more than others. It is not a requirement of the UFC that he trains.

I hope you understand where I’m coming from. I’m not trying to be an ass. Just explaining it like it is.

It’s sad that some people(not you) don’t understand the workings of the world and resort to insults and name calling.

Yeah, i find it weird that people are shitting on him for not taking a random replacement. I keep hearing the bollocks about 'thats how the sport was built', 'thats what real fighters used to do' etc.

The sport has moved on and gameplanning for specific oponents has been a thing at the top level for a long time. I aplaud guys accepting last minute replacements (perry/felder) but i accept someone not doing it when the stakes are so high.

This isnt the old days and the anyone/anytime attitude has gone for good after all it just leaves you like coleman/goodridge/ninja/chuck etc. Brain damaged and broke.

I think if your opponent pulls out there should be at least adequate compensation to cover your camp. Actually i think if it goes to fight week and you do your media etc then show money is probably pretty fair.

We have had some shit analogies so far but heres mine... if you contract a company to build a house and they pay the archiect, buy bricks and mortar, hire electricians etc you cannot just turn around and say jobs off and your getting nothing the day the build is due to start.

Ortega is a bit of a tit but this was not fair
This
The sport doesnt need any more shitting on its legitimacy right now.....last min stand ins are bush leauge level of b.s, youd never see it in boxing

I’m not too sure on the marketing aspect of the UFC but I’m pretty certain that all marketing expenses were covered by the UFC.

The training is an investment that he made in his business to insure a better product. Some fighters invest more than others. It is not a requirement of the UFC that he trains.

I hope you understand where I’m coming from. I’m not trying to be an ass. Just explaining it like it is.

It’s sad that some people(not you) don’t understand the workings of the world and resort to insults and name calling.

I wont result on name calling but I dont agree with you..;) which is perfectly fine of course, we just happen to see thing different

It may seem intelligent on the surface but until the question of whether or not UFC fighters are employees or independent contractors is fully addressed it can't happen. Right now the UFC defines the fighters as independent contractors. Essentially 500 plus little independent companies. Except they aren't as the UFC levels all kinds of restrictions on them that you could never do with true independent contractors

Also a union only works if they get every single fighter under contract to join. This isn't the 1920's, creating a union today is a very complex issue. In the states the employee free choice act still hasn't been passed (and likely won't under trump)

The US actually has one of the lowest union membership rates per capita of major countries in the world and declining rapidly.
FWIW WWE is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more restrictive with the wrestlers and they are still IC's and have lost every appeal to the NLRB for employment status.

If a fighter's opponent pulls out 1 week or less from the fight, they(the fighter) should be paid their show money, and not required to take a fight. But, the UFC could persuade them by paying them an incentive, or something.

I'm so sick and tired of fighters, athletes, and workers getting screwed. They need to form a fighter's union for shit like this.
IC's cannot form a federally protected union

He is compensated for the marketing by having travel arrangements and per diem. Training is not something required by the contract holder.

God the UFC is so fucked. The independent contractor does the media obligations, promo videos, weight cut. Due to circumstances out his control his CONTRACTED fight is a nogo. His choices now after WORKING for the ufc is to sign to fight somebody he never agreed to or not be paid at all for his work. Multi fucking billion dollar company wouldnt pay him shit for all his time, especially the promotion and marketing for the UFC. These fighters need a fucking union already. Shits ran like a vegas mob.

UFC has to do what is necessary to keep its business relevant. It's not fair to Ortega but from the UFC's perspective it's not really fair to them either is it?

He had a contract to fight for a belt, that couldn’t happen through no fault of his own. Pay the man.

The steroid guzzling Ortega doesnt deserve a dime for that ducking act he pulled at 226.

Back