News Britney Spears's Family and Ex report she is on Meth and 'in an extremely dangerous place'.

I remember when all the free Britney shit was going on. It was me and one other poster that were the only ones arguing for her to stay under the conservatorship of her dad.

Clearly she's not able to take care of herself nor her money. She's going to end up completely broke now.
I suggested that it was propaganda created by the talent agencies or whatever corporation so they could control her and her money, instead of her family.

To me, if you want to argue that Spears should be under a de facto permanent, involuntary conservatorship than you should be willing apply those same rules to the general populace.

That stance is going to result in a lot of adults losing the right to make their own decisions, most likely for the rest of their lives.

Seems dystopian to me.

To me, if you want to argue that Spears should be under a de facto permanent, involuntary conservatorship than you should be willing apply those same rules to the general populace.

That stance is going to result in a lot of adults losing the right to make their own decisions, most likely for the rest of their lives.

Seems dystopian to me.
This ^^^

Where do we draw the line? Rich people? Dumb people?

It seems to me, if we're going to put every person whose way of life we don't agree with under a conservatorship, we're going to open Pandora's Box to unscrupulous people trying to gain access to other's finances.

This is a personal family matter. You can't help someone that doesn't want it. Her family tried to help, and she fought it, as did her fans, now she is in a worse space. You know it's bad when her husband who we all know used her for money couldn't take it anymore and left. For all we know this is all just drug abuse. Plenty of stars hit rock bottom and lose it all due to drugs. Some die from it. A lot of them claim "mental health" episodes and it's really just drugs. But it isn't the publics job or the governments job to clean them up. If it is mental health issues that she is self-medicating with drugs, it is still a family matter. If they believe she will harm herself, they can have her committed and evaluated. She already lost her kids and a few husbands. She has alienated most of her family. It is clear she is on something. Her behavior is obvious. Hopefully she gets help before she is left with nothing, or dead.

Seems dystopian to me.
Yeah we have a duty of care to everyone in society. We have all sorts of laws that protect the way people are treated.

We require people to demonstrate capacity so as to being allowed to drive because of the damage they can cause. Well, having a kid and abusing them is probably worse than a lot of bad driving. It's not a comparison, but really just an easy example where we require people to have a handle on themselves so as to not hurt themselves or others.

Many adults should not be running their lives, they're shit at it. Most of the time they are victims of abuse or poverty and poor genes related problems. I don't think we leave them to it because of some noble freedom bullshit, I think we leave them to it because it's cheaper in initial outlay, we are shit at projecting costs, and because of historical precedent/momentum.

In Britney's case, for example, is her potential and that of her kids protected best by letting her abuse and drug addictions decide her fate? Or do we give everyone involved the best chance at self actualising with intervention?

This ^^^

Where do we draw the line? Rich people? Dumb people?

It seems to me, if we're going to put every person whose way of life we don't agree with under a conservatorship, we're going to open Pandora's Box to unscrupulous people trying to gain access to other's finances.

We draw these lines all the time. Arguing against a thing because it can be misused is the argument against gun ownership and the arguement against F16 ownership. We absolutely draw distinctions between things.

You could easily make it so no interested party could get access to a persons finances. With regulation and appropriate funding to bodies responsible.

Britney uploaded, and swiftly deleted a video of her demonstrating skincare gadgets today, in which she speaks in a strange voice:

Presumably normal voice, for reference:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
john_k47
Back