News Brock Lesnar Retires - UFC Looking For Stipe Rematch

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Good keep him in wwe

It's not good for Daniel Cormier; he wanted to fight Brock. The reason he wanted to fight Brock is because he knew more people would watch that fight than Cormier against any other Heavyweight, and that would make it mote profitable than his alternatives to fighting Brcck. The fact that there was so much money to be made from that fight is indicative of the number of people who would have payed to see that fight and that your opinion that it's good that the fight won't happen is an opinion held by a minority of UFC fans.

I understand your point, but who should he fight?
50-45 Francis again? Overeem? JDS again?

Stipe handle those guys easy, sadly.

I want Francis and Reem to have a good run, not get their soul taken by Stipes wrestling
I meant to type dc fight the winner of that fight

lol. it's not based on any objective facts.
Says the guy that thinks Jones didn't cheat. Yeah his cocaine was laced with peds that are now permanently in his bloodstream. No shenanigans here. He fucking failed a test for steroids. That's an indisputable fact. So yeah. Geared out of his mind.

Says the guy that thinks Jones didn't cheat. Yeah his cocaine was laced with peds that are now permanently in his bloodstream. No shenanigans here. He fucking failed a test for steroids. That's an indisputable fact. So yeah. Geared out of his mind.

i never said he never cheated.

you don't seem to know what it means to be "geared out of your mind".

he flagged for traces of a long term metabolite a week after passing. it's not possible to be geared out of your mind on tbol in that timeline. unless there's some magical tbol protocol only you're aware of.

i never said he never cheated.

you don't seem to know what it means to be "geared out of your mind".

he flagged for traces of a long term metabolite a week after passing. it's not possible to be geared out of your mind on tbol in that timeline. unless there's some magical tbol protocol only you're aware of.
The pulsing shit was later. He wasn't "pulsing" for the second DC fight. He simply straight up failed for Turinabol. That is why he was stripped and suspeded, and the fight ruled a NC.

The pulsing shit was later. He wasn't "pulsing" for the second DC fight. He simply straight up failed for Turinabol. That is why he was stripped and suspeded, and the fight ruled a NC.

No, he tested positive for the metabolite (long-term metabolite). Not long after testing negative. Which doesn't make any sense in any performance-enhancing scenario.

I like the idea of a Stipe rematch tho. There is no clear contender, and as a champion DC shouldn't sit out until an other contender pops up.
Stipe deserves a rematch. It's not the best solution, but it's not astonishing to give him a rematch. Come on.

No, he tested positive for the metabolite (long-term metabolite). Not long after testing negative. Which doesn't make any sense in any performance-enhancing scenario.

I like the idea of a Stipe rematch tho. There is no clear contender, and as a champion DC shouldn't sit out until an other contender pops up.
Stipe deserves a rematch. It's not the best solution, but it's not astonishing to give him a rematch. Come on.
"On August 22, it was announced that Jones was flagged for a potential doping violation by USADA, stemming from his test sample that was collected after weigh-ins July 28. He tested positive for Turinabol, an anabolic steroid. Jones was placed on a provisional suspension as a result of the positive drug test.[30] On September 13, USADA confirmed that both the "A" and "B" sample of Jones' tested positive for Turinabol.[144] As a result, the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) officially overturned the result of the fight to a no contest. Subsequently, UFC President Dana White made the decision to strip him of the Light Heavyweight championship, and turn it over to Daniel Cormier.[145]"

Nah he tested for the actual roid, not this "pulsing" stuff. That's why he was stripped and suspended. While "pulsing" he was allowed to fight and that win vs Gus still stands and he faced no punishment afterwards.

again, you don't really know what you're talking about. he flagged for traces of m3 for the second DC fight. a week after passing 2 tests.

again, you don't really know what you're talking about. he flagged for traces of m3 for the second DC fight. a week after passing 2 tests.
If it was trace metabolites he popped for vs DC and Gus, why was he stripped and suspended for the DC fight but not the Gus fight? Post something that says he only popped for trace metabolites vs dc.

I love Stipe but Francis deserves the shot..

He beat Cain and Blaydes (potential champ)

"On August 22, it was announced that Jones was flagged for a potential doping violation by USADA, stemming from his test sample that was collected after weigh-ins July 28. He tested positive for Turinabol, an anabolic steroid. Jones was placed on a provisional suspension as a result of the positive drug test.[30] On September 13, USADA confirmed that both the "A" and "B" sample of Jones' tested positive for Turinabol.[144] As a result, the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) officially overturned the result of the fight to a no contest. Subsequently, UFC President Dana White made the decision to strip him of the Light Heavyweight championship, and turn it over to Daniel Cormier.[145]"

Nah he tested for the actual roid, not this "pulsing" stuff. That's why he was stripped and suspended. While "pulsing" he was allowed to fight and that win vs Gus still stands and he faced no punishment afterwards.
again, you're just wrong.

again, you're just wrong.
With absolutely nothing to back up your opinion. Wish I could say I'm surprised, buy I've seen you do this before so.....

Biggest problem I have with this rematch era. Damn near every title fight is a best of 3 now. No. Whoever loses can fight someone else first. Only blatant robberies like Shogun/Machida 1 should have an immediate rematch imo.

I understand many people have the same attitude towards rematches and best of 3s that you have. It's a valid way of looking at things.

Some of us do enjoy rematches though, depending upon the circumstances. The circumstances for a rematch I DO NOT LIKE are the promoter or owners making a rematch happen because their favorite guy lost and they want to give him a another shot at winning. That motive is indefensible as far as I'm concerned because it's an example of favoritism at its worst!

The best example of that which I can think of at the moment took place after Mcgregor lost to Diaz via submission. That's nothing like a fight ending in a close decision or a fight ending as a result of a mistake or a very questionable judgment call by the ref such as a blatantly early stoppage. Diaz made Mcgregor quit. He clearly tapped out. There was no controversy over whether he actually tapped or not.

They still made an immediate rematch! Why? Because Conor was their favorite and they wanted to give him another chance to beat Diaz. Of course they also got a tremendous amount of PPV buys for the first fight so it was pretty much a given that a rematch would also make a lot of money for the company and it's executives and owners.

What truly leads me to believe my theory is correct - that it was favoritism - is that when McGregor won the second fight, they could have made a ton of money with a "rubber match" - a third fight to give one a distinctive 2 to 1 victory.

They didn't make a third, decisive fight. I believe they figured that their boy, Conor, had evened things up (only by decision as opposed to a definitive submission ending or a KO) and they believed that was as good as it would get for McGregor. Had they made a third fight happen and McGregor had lost, for the second out of three fights against Diaz, then Mcgregor's stock, his standing, would have decreased, his popularity would have decreased. They were desperately trying to guard against that happening, no matter how good the number of PPV buys would have been. They valued McGregor's overall reputation and record more than the money to be made by one more fight between Diaz and McGregor.

For what it's worth, I was rooting for Diaz. I enjoyed seeing him choke out McGregor! I don't hate McGregor but I don't like him either. I enjoy his fights and he's very good, but I enjoy it more when he loses. The last PPV I bought was McGregor's loss to Khabib. It was very satisfying to see it happen live on PPV.

https://ufc.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/FINAL-Award-Jones-and-USADA.pdf

Read this.

If it was trace metabolites he popped for vs DC and Gus, why was he stripped and suspended for the DC fight but not the Gus fight? Post something that says he only popped for trace metabolites vs dc.

It was trace metabolites for the fight vs DC. However, it was the first time he tested positive for this metabolite. That's why he was suspended. The thing is, he didn't have any PED induced advantage (at least via Turinabol) because it's only a long term metabolite. If he tested positive for the short-term metabolite, then the long-term metabolite for exemple, then it would have made sense. But the only way to pop for ONLY the long-term metabolite is through some laced drug or some supplement. There's no other logical explanation.
Against Gus, they couldn't prove re-ingestion, because he only tested positive for the same long-term metabolite, and they don't know how long it can stay in the body. It was so low that they couldn't punish him for it, and it has no effect on his body.

But I still believe Jon is on something, like most of the fighters. But I ain't gonna feel bad for a guy like DC who's a college wrestler and participated in the Olympics, 2 things that are reeeeaaally lenient with PED use

Last edited:
100% Nguyo Magumbo deserves a shot over Steeopic, Steeopic has been doing nothing but yela for a year.

DC vs Ngannu would just be a replay of Stipe vs Ngannu or DC Lewis.

Back