brought car to mechanic

NoGoodNamesLeft

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
it was shifting poorly in the monrinings when engine was not warmed up, would also not go into 4th gear on highway, like it was stuck in 3rd, and rpms were at like almost 4k doing 60. i did not want to go faster to stress engine. this was happening randomly, and sometimes it was fine. also when it was not warmed up when i decelerated to a complete stop, right at about 2 mph, it would like jerk backwards, or felt like the brakes locked up, but it was not the brakes it was something with the transmission. anyway, i brought it in like 2 months ago, and 350 dollars later it was fixzed. felt fine up until last week, same problems happening again. now my question is, if i bring it back to mechanic, is it liekly i will be told its another 350 dolalr repair, or is he probably still on the hook for the orignial, and will replace parts do work for free? ive been going to same mechanic for years, not soem jiffy lube, and hes always been pretty honest, at least as far as i can tell. what do sherdog?

You need a new transmission, not whatever sawdust he shoved in there the first time - And it's going to cost way more than tree fiddy.

Call and ask. Did they rebuild yours or get a used one? Depending on the vehicle it can be a mechanical problem in the transmission, a hydraulic problem or an electrical/electronic control problem.

I've had success with a product called TransX.
402033.jpg

Manual or auto?

If it's manual bleed the slave cylinder and make sure you have the correct "DOT" fluid in it.

Back