Buakaw vs Saenchai BKFC Muay Thai rules November 4th

BKFC swears the fight will be legit, but literally everything else surrounding this match convinces me otherwise. We will see this weekend, I suppose.

Yeah it's weird. If they give us the bloodiest fight ever then i'll happily admit i was wrong.

Straight from the horses mouth

It is nice to hear that sort of reassurance from the man himself! I'll bullet point the video for anyone who doesn't want to/can't watch --

Question 1: "How did this fight happen?" - BKFC contacted them, said a lot of people want to see it and (presumably) offered them a bunch of money
Question 2: "You are both friends, why would you fight?" - Saenchai and Buakaw are consummate professionals and have no issue doing their job no matter who they fight, with Saenchai citing his five fights against Attachai Fairtex, a personal friend of his, as an example
Question 3: "You're both only fighting for the money?" - Yes. Saenchai mentions how he worked hard to build his name internationally and that this fight with Buakaw is his reward after years of hard work, allowing him to provide for his loved ones; he also stated that because he views this as a reward after a long career, he is taking it seriously and will fight at 100%.

Can't say I'm 100% convinced, but it does seem like Saenchai is being genuine about fighting seriously when he is talking in the video. Like I said before, we will see this weekend ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Was just about to post this, you beat me to it. It's great to hear and what you'd expect from those guys.

Exactly. And like he said, it would be disrespectful to the sport of Muay Thai to not fight for real and would ruin their legacies. I think they put on a show

Anything short of glass dipped hand wraps is going to be a disappointment...

tongpo.jpg

It is nice to hear that sort of reassurance from the man himself! I'll bullet point the video for anyone who doesn't want to/can't watch --

Question 1: "How did this fight happen?" - BKFC contacted them, said a lot of people want to see it and (presumably) offered them a bunch of money
Question 2: "You are both friends, why would you fight?" - Saenchai and Buakaw are consummate professionals and have no issue doing their job no matter who they fight, with Saenchai citing his five fights against Attachai Fairtex, a personal friend of his, as an example
Question 3: "You're both only fighting for the money?" - Yes. Saenchai mentions how he worked hard to build his name internationally and that this fight with Buakaw is his reward after years of hard work, allowing him to provide for his loved ones; he also stated that because he views this as a reward after a long career, he is taking it seriously and will fight at 100%.

Can't say I'm 100% convinced, but it does seem like Saenchai is being genuine about fighting seriously when he is talking in the video. Like I said before, we will see this weekend ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it's very good reasoning by the man himself, almost has me convinced. if we think about Muay Thai ethics, it's not that hard to picture a hard, serious fight, without necessarily going to war, trading elbows and such. What makes It weird is that Buakaw is much bigger and would probably be able to bully Saenchai if he wanted, so maybe it will be up to Saenchai to establish a pace.

What makes It weird is that Buakaw is much bigger and would probably be able to bully Saenchai if he wanted, so maybe it will be up to Saenchai to establish a pace.

Yeah, that has been the confusing part for me through all of this. When Saenchai addressed the first question and said that BKFC told them a lot of people wanted to see the fight, I immediately thought "who the hell were they talking to?". On paper, Buakaw should absolutely kill Saenchai. Watching people argue about whether or not it will be a real fight has been more entertaining than the fight itself will likely end up being.

Buakaw should absolutely kill Saenchai.

Should he though? Sure he's bigger but Saenchai is crafty as F. It's actually a legit close fight in MT rules. Also Buakaw has bad boxing defence and Saenchai is not too bad with his boxing, so if they fight bare knuckle that's gonna favour Saenchai who also has more experience doing fights with 4oz gloves like in Thai Fight. I would actually bet on Saenchai and I'm a Buakaw fan.

Last edited:
Should he though? Sure he's bigger but Saenchai is crafty as F. It's actually a legit close fight in MT rules. Also Buakaw has bad boxing defence and Saenchai is not too bad with his boxing, so if they fight bare knuckle that's gonna favour Saenchai who also has more experience doing fights with 4oz gloves like in Thai Fight. I would actually bet on Saenchai and I'm a Buakaw fan.

Yeah people forget Saenchai is a killer and has good boxing. He eye gouged tf out that one guy in a kard chuek fight before. And he also has some of the rules in his favor. He asked for less clinch. Also I don't see any odds for the fight unfortunately. Just the BKFC in US tomorrow

What makes It weird is that Buakaw is much bigger and would probably be able to bully Saenchai if he wanted, so maybe it will be up to Saenchai to establish a pace.
That's been my biggest issue with this. In Muay Thai weight is a huge issue where even just a pound or two make a difference in a fight. When Saenchai was competing in the stadiums it was mostly fights that he had to give up a few pounds that he lost. Buakaw is WAY bigger than him. Not that I would expect anyone regardless of skill to roll over Saenchi, and he certainly kept his fight level much higher than Buakaw this late in their careers IMO. Weight difference, rules/format, "exhibition", and the fact that they are friends is what made this fight seem fugazy from the initial announcement. I'm sure they want to put on a show so people get their moneys worth so not out of the realm that they would fight seriously to some capacity. I still think it was totally reasonable for people to question this fight given the circumstances.

Yo why the hell Buakaw got a boner in the stare down, LOL.

This is why it's so hard to take this fight seriously.

Idk man, I guess I just don't see it that way. Saenchai is insanely crafty, and yes his hands are often underrated, but the gap in size just seems too great for his immense skill to bridge it.

Yo why the hell Buakaw got a boner in the stare down, LOL.

This is why it's so hard to take this fight seriously.

This is has been the strangest promotional cycle for a fight I have ever seen

Come on give the man a break he's just "very excited".
All that blood is rushing to every part of the body, it can't wait to get released. Only more evidence of this fight being a total BLOOD BATH.

we're being blessed with great fights at the end of 2023. Damn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Real Deal
Back