Bubba's redemption

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Everybody's been talking shit about him for losing... when the fact is the two guys he lost to were the two guys who made the finals. Not to mention, he gave Gastelum a better fight than anyone else Gastelum fought.

He has no redemption. His attitude and personality mimics that of something easily despised.

No one disliked him because he fought poor, everyone disliked him because he was nearly impossible to like outside of the octagon.

You must have missed the thread where everyone said he was the most overrated fighter in TUF history.

Clint should have gotten the wild card. Only reason why Bubba got it was because he was training partner with Jones. It's a waste imo, his body might really be hurting due to overfighting, but he kept complaining about why did he had to fight "The toughest among the last 3" when he didn't pick Hall. Talk alot when the season started but really whine as much as the season ends.

He has no redemption. His attitude and personality mimics that of something easily despised.

No one disliked him because he fought poor, everyone disliked him because he was nearly impossible to like outside of the octagon.

This^! Dude comes off as a DB. He & Josh also bothered me with all the jockeying of trying to pick fights. It's a tournament you need to be the best to win, a real fighter has no problem fighting whoever whenever.

This^! Dude comes off as a DB. He & Josh also bothered me with all the jockeying of trying to pick fights. It's a tournament you need to be the best to win, a real fighter has no problem fighting whoever whenever.

This, pretty much.

People can say 'Oooh Josh is so clever, he's looking out for himself', or 'Bubba is doing what he can to get favourable matchups', but that just makes them look like sneaky, conniving fraidy cats :)

It was obvious Bubba was going to receive some favoritism from Jones when it came time for the wildcard, but given all the fighters' performances I wish Chael had said Bubba needs to fight Clint for the spot. Kevin never did anything, ever; Clint should have received that spot despite being on the same team as Bubba.

If Clint doesn't get a contract I'll be bummed. He knew how to deliver power, and with some more training could be a solid UFC fighter.

If Clint doesn't get a contract I'll be bummed. He knew how to deliver power, and with some more training could be a solid UFC fighter.

Clint should have gotten the wildcard to prove himself, like I mention above, but a contract? Mm.. still not so sure.

At least he is the only one from tuf 17 not fighting another tuf mate in the finale, probably the match maker sees something in Clint too. He can proves himself worthy of a contract come this weekend.

what beggers belief is that somebody like bubba is allowed to train at arguably one of the best mma camps/gyms in the world?
skillset seemed shit, attitude seemed shit and most of all no heart, he was beaten before he stepped into the octagon against hall, bad dude to have infecting any camp i think

Regardless of what anyone types, he is a good fighter.... He made TUF and has been around in the south and southwest for a while. Portrayed as a DB or actually is one, does not matter. A television show is entertainment, and you all were entertained by it, no? it really just sounds like a bunch of whiny little brats in this thread. Pathetic.

Regardless of what anyone types, he is a good fighter.... He made TUF and has been around in the south and southwest for a while. Portrayed as a DB or actually is one, does not matter. A television show is entertainment, and you all were entertained by it, no? it really just sounds like a bunch of whiny little brats in this thread. Pathetic.

Not denying the guy is talented or a good fighter. I'm just baffled by the fact he makes the main card, against a favoured opponent in Smith. When he didn't really shine on the show.

But like you say, probably because it gets the audience tuning in and talking about it.

He is a decent fighter but a douchebag and a crybaby. In my opinion, he redeemed himself by showing up for Uriah fight, when it was doubtful if he would drop. I know a fighter is supposed to fight, but if he withdrew that would have been the last nail in the coffin.

Nat no redemption for bubba. He acted like a dick calling king out, then turned around and shit his pants when be had to fight uriah. That's all anyone will remember

Mmmm, we'll see. He didn't exactly shine v Kelvin either. He has somehow got on the main card so lets see what happens but he doesn't look UFC standard to me.

that wasn't redemption OP, you can't redeem yourself from a season like that.

Clint should have gotten the wildcard to prove himself, like I mention above, but a contract? Mm.. still not so sure.

At least he is the only one from tuf 17 not fighting another tuf mate in the finale, probably the match maker sees something in Clint too. He can proves himself worthy of a contract come this weekend.

Actually he is fighting a TUF guy :icon_lol:

he threw his teammate under the bus from day one, he tried to game his way through the whole thing rather than just let his fighting do the talking

he's not a bad fighter, just a bad attitude

Clint should have gotten the wild card. Only reason why Bubba got it was because he was training partner with Jones. It's a waste imo, his body might really be hurting due to overfighting, but he kept complaining about why did he had to fight "The toughest among the last 3" when he didn't pick Hall. Talk alot when the season started but really whine as much as the season ends.

Clint , Bubba , John Lennon , Elvis who care who it was , Hall would have beat them all .

Everybody's been talking shit about him for losing... when the fact is the two guys he lost to were the two guys who made the finals. Not to mention, he gave Gastelum a better fight than anyone else Gastelum fought.

The guy has a terrible attitude, talking trash and calling out fighters and then gets beaten, twice. IMHO he is one small homoerotic drunkin rage from......

julian_lane.jpg

Back