Media Buckley to Ariel: When fighters come on your show, you try to use us as weapons against the UFC with your platform, setting us up with questions

Asking for an example of Ariel being a shit disturbing weasel is like asking for an example of the sky being blue.
Asking questions is literally his job.

If he has crossed a line between people getting butthurt of their own volition and Ariel acting maliciously, as it would appear he is being accused, it is fair to ask for an example to support the accusation.

It is incredibly difficult to be an MMA journalist with integrity under the UFC and Dana White. I think Ariel deserves a pretty significant benefit of doubt. He is probably guilty of pushing his agenda on fighters from time to time but that is an occupational hazard - he comes across fair and reasonable the vast majority of the time.

Asking questions is literally his job.

If he has crossed a line between people getting butthurt of their own volition and Ariel acting maliciously, as it would appear he is being accused, it is fair to ask for an example to support the accusation.
This took me 0.41 seconds to find on Google and it's the 2nd search result.

Weird how this has been a reoccurring thing stated by plenty of people for over a decade!

lol wtf does that even mean? What is "caring about the fighters"?

Why are you replying to me, acting like a smartass when you didn't even see the video above? If you did, you would know why I wrote what I wrote.

This took me 0.41 seconds to find on Google and it's the 2nd search result.

Weird how this has been a reoccurring thing stated by plenty of people for over a decade!

You seem to be conflating fighters having temper tantrums with Ariel making malicious statements.

Maybe try dedicating more than 0.41 seconds so as to yield a result which is actually an example of what you are claiming occurs as frequently as the sky being blue.

Damn fam Buckley just keepin' it a Buck 🦌 but Ariel over here cryin n hollerin aboot "oh fam iz you mad at me too 😢" like fam u iz a egg head let's face it fam Buckley ain't da sharpest cookie in da egg drawer and u startin e-Beef widdem das WEAKAZZ ish fam what if Buckley saw u on da str8 blast u widda enziguri same ting fam we all got different skillz Deadazz fam stop bullyin da combatantdem 🚫🐂📧🚫🐄🐮🍖
Agr33d fam he keeping it buck 50 but these days they think Ariel a snak3 but he keel it 100 fam for 15 years but ebeef with Dana and paddy wasn't str8 fire dontnmes with these things ruler kings blue fam

Why are you replying to me, acting like a smartass when you didn't even see the video above? If you did, you would know why I wrote what I wrote.
The fighters getting angry at Ariel? That thing has been going around for years and how does it prove that Ariel doesn't care about the fighters? Any actual examples?

You seem to be conflating fighters having temper tantrums with Ariel making malicious statements.

Maybe try dedicating more than 0.41 seconds so as to yield a result which is actually an example of what you are claiming occurs as frequently as the sky being blue.
There were in fact plenty of examples in there of Ariel saying and doing stuff simply to get a reaction for his clips. And it's a 6 year old video with none of the shit he's done since.

The Nick Diaz/GSP one's pretty egregious, as Dana perfectly calls him out for it

- Dana knew the exact question Ariel was going to ask as Ariel normally never asks questions
- that Ariel had no other questions actually about the fight itself
- Diaz himself sitting there getting more and more pissed off the longer this went on, exactly as Dana predicted would happen

Literally everybody there, including Ariel, knows he asked that because he wanted Diaz to storm off again so that could be his story.

The guy's a shit disturber and we all know it. There's a reason why 18 years into covering MMA the guy has never broken down or analyzed a fight to this day and it's because he still knows nothing about MMA. He's just there to create stories and clicks for himself.

Not the biggest ariel fan BUT I HATE WHEN FIGHTERS GO AFTER ARIEL FOR DANA.
its giving battered wife syndrome. Aint no way im defending Dana after seeing how much
CM Punk/ jake paul make. Or seeing him give the nelk boys my fight purse away so casually.
im sorry. ill say no comment and keep it moving. And what does buckley mean they would
get in trouble?

You see this crap. this is what Never mind ima save that conversation for the war room.
anyway

Unless you are on danas elite for life payroll theres no reason to burn a bridge with ariel
cause i promise you when you are on a losing streak, and dana starts playing with your pay
after all those years of loyalty,
You are going to wish you had a platform. There was a reason Cowboy cerrone & GSP tried to
form a lawsuit against DANA a few years back.

He's not their publicist. It's not his job to shy away from uncomfortable or difficult things if there's a legitimate interest there.

This is proof UFC fighters aint as free as they proclaim to be. of course it would take someone like
Francis to take it to dana.

isnt it hilarious but low key sad that alot of these fighters who are so PRO PATRIOT and babble
about freedom on social media but they stay getting bullied behind the scenes by dana/ufc.
I almost puked in my mouth when i saw henry trying to kiss up to Dana in that last interview.
same with usman. francis your so called brother and you out here kissing his butt. smh

Not the biggest ariel fan BUT I HATE WHEN FIGHTERS GO AFTER ARIEL FOR DANA.
its giving battered wife syndrome. Aint no way im defending Dana after seeing how much
CM Punk/ jake paul make. Or seeing him give the nelk boys my fight purse away so casually.
im sorry. ill say no comment and keep it moving. And what does buckley mean they would
get in trouble?

You see this crap. this is what Never mind ima save that conversation for the war room.
anyway

Unless you are on danas elite for life payroll theres no reason to burn a bridge with ariel
cause i promise you when you are on a losing streak, and dana starts playing with your pay
after all those years of loyalty,
You are going to wish you had a platform. There was a reason Cowboy cerrone & GSP tried to
form a lawsuit against DANA a few years back.

Well said fam hopefully we can squash da beef soon thumb kinda hurtin' droppin' hate emoji on ur post hope we good fam take care 🐻 💕

I'm shocked so many people actually believe Ariel hates MMA and only covers it to pay the bills. To anyone that actually watches his show, it's pretty damn obvious that he's one of the most knowledgeable people about the history of the UFC, yes seriously. Dude knows pretty much every card in history off the top of his head, including the date and arena it took place - it's actually pretty phenomenal.

It's funny. UFC has banned everyone that doesn't ask cupcake bullshit ass questions to create this controlled narrative safe space.

How dare a journalist ask questions that aren't on Dana's approved questions list!!

Fighters are such a bunch of over sensitive babies.

Dana or someone in the UFC has definitely brainwashed some of these guys to fight Dana's fights like some weird Stockholm syndrome.

Ariel asks tough questions. He may be a weasel, but at least he will press the issue and not toss softballs to everyone like Iole or the other clowns Dana loves. He's got his faults, but there's a reason every big interview is done through him when it comes to MMA. It's fair to have a love/hate relationship with Helwani, but he's pretty damn good at his job and is easily the best MMA journalist around. He also stands up for MMA in other settings and genuinely cares about the sport.

You can see it in those Rampage interviews if you watch more than clips. Quinton will give him shit, but at the end, it's all love between the two. I would rather have a guy asking questions, doing interviews like him more than someone asking innocuous questions no one really cares about. In this interviews he directly addresses Buckley who basically refuses to answer him or engage him after the accusation. People just love to hate everyone here.

Lot of truth right here.

People bitch about more or less shitty reporting in MMA and Ariel by far is one the most in depth and has no issues what so ever asking any question. Yes, someone question stir up shit. But isn't that kind of the point also in a good interview.

He's not their publicist. It's not his job to shy away from uncomfortable or difficult things if there's a legitimate interest there.
There's no legitimate interest in what Ariel does. He himself doesn't give a shit about MMA. He just wants the stories and clicks because nobody else is covering MMA so he gets the monopoly on it instead of not being able to break into other sports he actually gives a shit about.

Again, Ariel himself literally said this:

Although he had encountered mixed martial arts (MMA) as a preteen, it was when he came across it again while attending university that he decided to pursue a career in it, knowing that his fellow classmates and future rivals in sports journalism would not be interested in the then-fringe sport.[2]

There's a reason why 18 years into "covering" MMA Ariel has never been able to break down or analyze ANY fight. He legitimate has no idea about MMA and has no interest in learning anything from even a casual observing standpoint as he should've gotten too just from being at thousands of events. He literally could not tell you a basic barebones break down of any matchup he's "covering".

Ariel is only here to get or create the story that makes him the most money.

Ariel does step a little out of bounds sometimes with his questions but I don't care. I don't listen to him. If fighters want to go on his show that's their business.

There were in fact plenty of examples in there of Ariel saying and doing stuff simply to get a reaction for his clips. And it's a 6 year old video with none of the shit he's done since.

The Nick Diaz/GSP one's pretty egregious, as Dana perfectly calls him out for it

- Dana knew the exact question Ariel was going to ask as Ariel normally never asks questions
- that Ariel had no other questions actually about the fight itself
- Diaz himself sitting there getting more and more pissed off the longer this went on, exactly as Dana predicted would happen

Literally everybody there, including Ariel, knows he asked that because he wanted Diaz to storm off again so that could be his story.

The guy's a shit disturber and we all know it. There's a reason why 18 years into covering MMA the guy has never broken down or analyzed a fight to this day and it's because he still knows nothing about MMA. He's just there to create stories and clicks for himself.
Nick not going to the press conference was the biggest story of that fight and what everyone wanted to know, Dana was on his shit because he wanted to hide it under the carpet and pretend it never happened, plenty of other reporters in there to ask "is this your biggest fight yet", " how was your training camp".

That is just an example of Ariel doing his job and Dana trying to strong arm the press into just asking bullshit queations no one cares about.

Back