Bud Crawford’s First Million

Area809

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

Since fighter pay is always such a hot topic in the mma forums, I thought this interview with Bud about what he did with his first million dollars was interesting. I’m sure that was not exactly what he did with the first million, but there is information in this interview that gives you a little insight into Bud the person.

Things that stood out to me:
  • Apparently he was making decent money as an amateur
  • Earned $600 for first pro fight
  • According to him, he made more as an amateur than the early part of his pro career
  • He didn’t make more than $2,500 until his 12th pro fight
Anyways, check out this interview and discuss. Can’t wait for this fight tomorrow!!!!!!

apart from spending more on his cars than the house he still lives in, i think he made some really good choices, especially for a man who never learned anything about finance.

any word on what the purses are for tonight's fight?

Most boring interview ever. This was a disservice to Bud. Or maybe he lit up right before.

apart from spending more on his cars than the house he still lives in, i think he made some really good choices, especially for a man who never learned anything about finance.

He lives in north Omaha. A 300k house will be a 2 million dollar house minimum in most of the country

and if he bought it 5 years ago it would be triple that

Last edited:
He lives in north Omaha. A 300k house will be a 2 million dollar house minimum in most of the country

and if he bought it 5 years ago it would be triple that
i wasn't trying to say he should've spent more on the house, the house is the good part here. it's the cars that aren't a good investment, but that's not my point either, dude made good moves and should definitely buy himself a quality truck if he enjoys it.

who were the hos twerking in the ring with him after the fight

i wasn't trying to say he should've spent more on the house, the house is the good part here. it's the cars that aren't a good investment, but that's not my point either, dude made good moves and should definitely buy himself a quality truck if he enjoys it.
That sounds more like his preference than a “good/bad” investment. If you believe you should invest more on the house than the car or equal then that is also a preference.

Now if you said he blew more than half that millie on watches, drugs, and travel before his next fight is signed. Then yeah, that’d be very shitty investment, lol.

Anyone find out that purse sir?

supposedly they split 50 million, but i'm not sure how reliable that information is.

I guess a ballpark figure is better than none lol.

Crawford looked amazing last night man.
Spencer didn't even look like he had a clue what the answer was for him sir.

I guess a ballpark figure is better than none lol.

Crawford looked amazing last night man.
Spencer didn't even look like he had a clue what the answer was for him sir.
yeah crawford looked great, but what really shocked me wasn't how he boxed, but how badly he was hurting errol with everything he landed. we've seen spence with some solid punchers in there, but he looked like he was rattled any time bud touched him. crawford packs some serious power.

yeah crawford looked great, but what really shocked me wasn't how he boxed, but how badly he was hurting errol with everything he landed. we've seen spence with some solid punchers in there, but he looked like he was rattled any time bud touched him. crawford packs some serious power.

I think all the "Spence is gonna kill him" talk lit a fire under Bud.

It must be stacked wraps like Inoue :D

Back