Bushido Fight Gloves

M

migo**

The gloves I've used are basically these, although they have an older logo. http://www.bushidomartialarts.com/cart2/shopexd.asp?id=43

I've been using them for about 3 years, although only the past year seriously.

When I was first wearing them, the inside material was really rough and was rubbing my knuckles, after breaking them in for a while they were comfortable and didn't bother me. The padding was decent, although it doesn't provide a huge ammount of protection for the knuckles. I'd usually get bloody knuckles doing bag work with them, the rough interior might have contributed. I had to get the pinkys sewn in a bit, although my pinky fingers bend in slightly, and other people using my gloves afterwards sometimes complained about the modifications.

The wrist wraps were ok, but they would always come undone after use, although the velcro would hold. I spent a lot of time undoing them and re-wrapping them. After a while the velcro started tearing off the leather which made it harder to undo since I was actually tearing the stitching and not the velcro.

After about 6 or 7 months of hard use the leather started really absorbing the smell and I had to alternate with another pair of (worse) gloves to give them enough time to air. The black dye in the leather also started coming out and my wrists would stain where the wrist wrap was, it usually took me a couple days or more to fully wash the stains off my wrists, so it was probably sticking until the top layer of skin died and got scrubbed off.

Overall, they're decent gloves, especially for the price, I've seen some which were really flimsy to start with and they cost the same, I got mine for $50 canadian at the time, the price has come down a bit since then. If you use them seriously and steadily you'll probably get 6 months of use out of them before they become really unusable.

Back