Butthole Surfers

Strangely, but I don't know why, I haven't listened to BS much. I know there's been a lot of hype around the band and any band hailing from TX has always that quid about them.

Strangely, but I don't know why, I haven't listened to BS much. I know there's been a lot of hype around the band and any band hailing from TX has always that quid about them.
I thinks there's some stuff you'd like. At their best, they were a psychedelic whirlwind. Check out Hairway to Steven

Love that song. I remember reading years ago, the band wanted to have a top 10 single so the could hear Casey Kasem say the band's name on the radio

If "Pepper" reached Number One, was I really going to hear Casey Kasem say the words "Butthole Surfer"?

Against all odds, Yes, "Pepper" did become this huge hit. But Casey wussed out.

When the time came, he announced that "Number One on the Alternative charts is 'Pepper' by The B-H Surfers."

I thinks there's some stuff you'd like. At their best, they were a psychedelic whirlwind. Check out Hairway to Steven

Indeed, what little I heard of them was their psychier stuff...and I dug it ! But there's something about them that makes me hesitate .....probably it's the band name, hehehehe....no joke, I often choose to listen to a band on the basis of their band name :):):)

Bands like Jesus Lizard , Tad, etc have been mentioned above.....and I recently listened to Head by Jesus Lizard......but they all just slipped away from me - dunno, probably it's something in their semi-crossover arrangements that never convinced me.....in the 90s I was on the grungier side with bands like Mother Love Bone, Nirvana (!), Dinosaur,Jr, Alice n Chains, etc.

I was lucky that the kids I grew up with had older brothers. I was 1980
Youngest of basically all my family. Siblings and cousins. I noticed the younger kids of their respective families always had the best, and most broad taste in music. Seems we get lucky to have the older folks find all the cool stuff and pass it to us early on in life. It really is one of the best things about being the younger ones in our families.

To answer TS; I like them. Not one of the best bands to me, but always dug them back in the 90's.

Back