News Cédric Doumbé will fight Jaleel Willis at Bellator Champions Series in Paris, May 17

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Remember an injury i got a long time ago...no chance to fight, fight is off

Tougher opponent for Doumbé than Derek Anderson?

I think it is. Anderson hasnt fought in years and was probably going to trade with Doumbe. Willis isnt very good but we all know he will most definitely not trade with Doumbe. He will probably avoid the stand up and try and grind out a decision. Its not a super dangerous fight for Doumbe but it is a more dangerous fight then Derek Anderson.

I think it is. Anderson hasnt fought in years and was probably going to trade with Doumbe. Willis isnt very good but we all know he will most definitely not trade with Doumbe. He will probably avoid the stand up and try and grind out a decision. Its not a super dangerous fight for Doumbe but it is a more dangerous fight then Derek Anderson.
Anderson picked up a quick win over a can in 2023, and he also tried to take MVP down when they fought. He's also got a far better chin than Jaleel, and actual finishing upside. Besides, Doumbe was already very competitive with a more dangerous wrestler in Baki, so there's no reason to believe he won't be able to find Jaleel's chin eventually.

At least the Anderson fight would've been interesting in that Cedric would be fighting someone that was decent everywhere.

Anderson picked up a quick win over a can in 2023, and he also tried to take MVP down when they fought. He's also got a far better chin than Jaleel, and actual finishing upside. Besides, Doumbe was already very competitive with a more dangerous wrestler in Baki, so there's no reason to believe he won't be able to find Jaleel's chin eventually.

At least the Anderson fight would've been interesting in that Cedric would be fighting someone that was decent everywhere.
IDK man, when was the last time Anderson looked decent against anyone with a pulse? His last and probably best performance was against Patricky almost 10 years ago. Aside from that, he hasnt finished anyone in years, has fought a bunch of cans, and was embarassed by MVP. I feel like he is dumb enough to trade with Doumbe and is kind of tailor made for him.

Although I dont see him winning, Willis is decent enough to be a solid test for Doumbe. At least he won't be dumb enough to trade with him and will force his defensive wrestling.

IDK man, when was the last time Anderson looked decent against anyone with a pulse? His last and probably best performance was against Patricky almost 10 years ago. Aside from that, he hasnt finished anyone in years, has fought a bunch of cans, and was embarassed by MVP. I feel like he is dumb enough to trade with Doumbe and is kind of tailor made for him.

Although I dont see him winning, Willis is decent enough to be a solid test for Doumbe. At least he won't be dumb enough to trade with him and will force his defensive wrestling.
Counterpoint is this, Willis has been finished in the first round in all but one of his losses (twice by strikes and twice by sub) and his only good performance as of late came against Crutchmer, an extremely one dimensional wrestler who didn't offer anything except telegraphed takedowns.

I think Derek making Mota quit is at the very least on par with Willis' Crutchmer win, and he has the added benefit of being more durable.

What does Jaleel bring that Baki didn't tenfold? It's as good a replacement as any, don't get me wrong, but I don't expect the fight to be interesting or competitive. Getting iced under a round by Kuramagomedov and Park just tell me that Jaleel will be on borrowed time.

Back