News Cédric Doumbé will fight Jaleel Willis at Bellator Champions Series in Paris on May 17

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Sorry but this fight looks to be a give-away fight to Cédric Doumbé. Giving Cédric an easier opponent to save their investment he was expensive.
View attachment 1043799
Relatively short notice though, hard to find the best opponent. And also, not an illogical progression for a guy who is 5-1.

FWIW, I think Baki would run through most PFL and Bellator top 10 at WW, and Doumbe was clearly on a similar level. It's kinda stupid to see people jumping of the bandwagon when that fight actually proved Doumbe's skills are very legit.

Relatively short notice though, hard to find the best opponent. And also, not an illogical progression for a guy who is 5-1.

FWIW, I think Baki would run through most PFL and Bellator top 10 at WW, and Doumbe was clearly on a similar level. It's kinda stupid to see people jumping of the bandwagon when that fight actually proved Doumbe's skills are very legit.
It was the best he could look short of a win, the fact that he didn't roll over when Baki took him down is impressive for a KB crossover.

Apparently Doumbé said on the MMA Hour that he will be fighting Pettis on the next PFL Saudi card. If Pettis isn’t completely shot I think he annihilates Doumbé.
Read it will be a Pay-For-View from Saudi Arabia so time will not be good to watch so doubt it will do well.

Apparently Doumbé said on the MMA Hour that he will be fighting Pettis on the next PFL Saudi card. If Pettis isn’t completely shot I think he annihilates Doumbé.
Really? Seems like a horrible matchup for an aging Pettis who's pretty much been dominated by every real fighter he's fought since getting in PFL. Stevie beat him twice, Collard mauled him and Manfio dropped him.

How? Pettis had good grappling but very little offensive wrestling, and on the feet, no one is close to beat Doumbe.
Baki would toy with Pettis.

Not trying to be a hater but I definitely saw a illegal knee. Unless rules are different in PFL n I'm just being ignorant...

How? Pettis had good grappling but very little offensive wrestling, and on the feet, no one is close to beat Doumbe.
Baki would toy with Pettis.
Prime Pettis was great though and he has a win against the best mma striker of the last decade (imo of course its not an absolute truth). Still an interesting fight but i have to admit that i did not see pettis in those recent years. Is he that washed up on his feet ?

Not trying to be a hater but I definitely saw a illegal knee. Unless rules are different in PFL n I'm just being ignorant...
Seen something also but i dont know if its really landed and if thats the case, i did not clearly saw if its on the head or not

Prime Pettis was great though and he has a win against the best mma striker of the last decade (imo of course its not an absolute truth). Still an interesting fight but i have to admit that i did not see pettis in those recent years. Is he that washed up on his feet ?
Pettis is far past his prime. In his prime, sure, he was great, unfortunately that’s not the case now.

He's 37 and his only win in PFL was against Myles Price. Stick a fork in him, he's done.

Take the best version of Anthony Pettis. The guy who showtime kicked Bendo. That man gets absolutely annihilated by Doumbe on the feet. Plus Pettis would have no success getting the fight to the mat, as Doumbe has very respectable TDD. He may do some weird heel-hook shit but that Lightweight likely leaves on the mattress Doumbe is bringing.

Seen something also but i dont know if its really landed and if thats the case, i did not clearly saw if its on the head or not
Willis didn't protest it. Couldn't see any good angle of that action but it does seem like he pulled it last second or landed on the chest/shoulder.

Willis didn't protest it. Couldn't see any good angle of that action but it does seem like he pulled it last second or landed on the chest/shoulder.
Yep i tought the same thing

Take the best version of Anthony Pettis. The guy who showtime kicked Bendo. That man gets absolutely annihilated by Doumbe on the feet. Plus Pettis would have no success getting the fight to the mat, as Doumbe has very respectable TDD. He may do some weird heel-hook shit but that Lightweight likely leaves on the mattress Doumbe is bringing.
Why he would have no success ? I will root for my countryman doumbe here but its not because he is a KB great that Pettis could not catch him, especially in his prime (and i saw the wec fight you are talking about live for context). Its not necessarly the most probable outcome but it remains possible.

Why he would have no success ? I will root for my countryman doumbe here but its not because he is a KB great that Pettis could not catch him, especially in his prime (and i saw the wec fight you are talking about live for context). Its not necessarly the most probable outcome but it remains possible.

It's not wise for me to state things in black-and-white. Of course, there is always a possibility that Pettis catches Doumbe like he did Wonderboy.

But Pettis is a great MMA striker while Doumbe is a great GLORY KB striker. There is a difference. And Doumbe is a weight class bigger. Honestly, I don't think a prime Pettis gets by the best strikers at 155 today (Holloway, Gaethe, Fiziev, Poirier). Doumbe is in a different league.

Back