Cain V rep -If Fedor had been UFC champ, would people have been saying he was boring?

MartinEf**

White Belt
Reaction score
People say Cain is boring and has pillow hands.

Velasquez.jpg

I dont think its hate, its just a "meh" reaction that he gets.

Lukewarm.

Heres what I dont get.

Fedor_Emelianenko.jpg

How much of the Fedor love comes from the fact UFC could never sign him, and therefore he remained this kind of mystical figure - unbeatable and unbuyable.

Fedor - even his harshest critics would concede, was fully capably of becoming UFC champ, especially in the era he owned.

But would he have been boring?

The reason for this thread is the amusing double standard when it comes to Cain, who is very much the strong silent type himself.

Do we need our heavyweights to be like Brock Lesnar?

I think Fedor was genuinely the best of the best, but given his whole career, was he really that much more exciting than Cain, inside and outside of the ring. Or are people just giving Cain a hard time for the very same values they loved Fedor for?

If fedor was UFC champ we might actually see him more in the octagon than on tv commercials.

Who ever said Cain is boring?

He has like a 80% finish rate and always pushes forward.

Dude, Fedor was spectacular. Cain is also nice.

Others are boring, like Rory MacDonald.

Fedor is the most exciting fighter ever to me.

He is also the most interresting fighter.

When he talks, he is a quote machine.

Cain is awesome as a fighter. He is just injured too much. Sadly. I don't care about the interviews too much.

If you want to be exciting you do kind of need a personality or at least charisma.

Or you need to be very exciting in the cage.

Yes you can be a 'silent killer' but you're not doing any promoting of your brand apart from in the cage.

In today's media world you do need to promote yourself.

"Hey man have you seen that fighter who never talks, he's awesome"
Versus someone who's out in the media calling people out, being controversial, flaunting for the camera, ect.

Full disclosure. I prefer Fedor and Cain than Lesnar.

HW is ACTUALLY a serious business.

One false move...

I dont need heavyweights going on like sonnen to hype the fight. Its more like a mexican stand off for me, because they are trading TNT in every punch, and no one needs the gorillas in a tutu, just to take an interest in who the king of the apes is. No insult.

Fedor is on a whole different level. When Cane is champ for ten years, then we talk.

Compare the highlights, also Fedor's hand speed and striking was so much fun.

Cain is great too but Fedor is the best

Whoever said that Cain is boring is a complete dvmbfvck.

I enjoy to watch them both.

I can't believe MMA fans love the fake hype that some popular fighters create.

38 fights. 8 went to decision.

I dislike Cain, but don't find his fights boring.

Anybody who thinks Cain has pillow hands is an idiot.

I prefer watching Fedor and of the two Cain is much much more boring but they are both terrific fighters. Cain just doesn't fight enough.

The only reason people thinks Cain is boring, is because he rarely fight.

Fedor was different, I don't think people are trying to compare Cain's style or personality with that of Fedor's.

Cain is great to watch, especially to those who train themselves.

Fedor was great to all types of fans.

Maybe if Glasquez fought more often and against more varied opponents. 4

I dont consider either fighter boring at all,nor are their styles that similar.

Back