News Cain Velasquez arrested on a charge of attempted murder for shooting at his relatives molester

Should Cain's friends or family have tried to stop him from making a huge mistake?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because he's a pro fighter doesn't mean he's a killing machine lol
Shooting someone with a gun in a conflict vs fighting somebody in a cage for a sport are two totally different things
Either way, this doesnt look good for MMA or the UFC. I dont know if he retired, or was cut by the UFC, but if he is still on contract, Im sure the UFC is going to cut him ASAP if they haven't done so already.

I do not. State prosecutors are evil. They don't necessarily want justice but money for the state and to ruin lives for it.
Cops are 50/50.
But I think that this situation is probably accurate.
Look at his mugshot too. Not a mark on his face.
Why does big scary Cain Velasquez need to shoot someone who has caused him no physical harm for self defense? While that person received nothing, so they clearly didn't instigate or threaten him to the extent that he needed to fucking shoot them
yeah but all the info you have is what the police and prosecutor have given you. we need more info in a bad way before we start assuming what weve heard paints an accurate picture of what actually happened.

You said it would be reckless endangerment, discharging a firearm ECT if it was self defense.
If I misread that though, sorry I'm running on fumes
<Fedor23>
all i was saying was that if self defense is a viable legal defense here, then he wouldnt plead to anything serious or felony assault. all the prosecuting attorneys could hope for in that case would be some small misdemeanor charge.

It’s amazing how little some of you guys need to know about a situation and how little subject matter expertise you feel the need to have before popping off with sweeping declarations of what’s what.
Its 50/50 look at all the Jon Jones defenders.

Well we know
Cain is untouched
Cain shot a dude
Dude went to the hospital
Dude has no charges
Cain has serious charges
You're right, we don't know facts other that what we've been told via the police

but it is looking more and more unlikely that brown pride is innocent or acting in a noble manner here
disagree with the logic of this post completely lol. the top part does not mesh with the final sentence. the only thing that would lead to that logical conclusion would be trust in the arresting officers and the prosecutor

but the media and authority figures like police are very convincing and effecting in swaying public opinion.

Is this why DC isnt doing the Commentary on saturday?

The prosecution clearly saw enough evidence to charge Cain with attempted murder .. if not, he would’ve been taken in for questioning..

Just because he's a pro fighter doesn't mean he's a killing machine lol
Shooting someone with a gun in a conflict vs fighting somebody in a cage for a sport are two totally different things
He most likely missed his shot
Like I said before to a different poster, there are investigations before arrests are made. The police are a huge part of the prosecution and need to be accurate with their charges or it fucks everything up.
It is possible it was self defense, but it doesn't seem that way so far
I am sure Cain had more than 1 bullet and the guy already needed hospitalization. To me it feels like he made the shot at the heat of the moment and then realized what has happened and called the cops. Which is why they did not need to search for him.

I do not think Cain was purely defending himself either btw. But there is a middle ground between standing your ground and a planned murder.

It is possible, but not likely. They don't just slap on attempted murder right away if that's a good possibility. Part of police's job is to investigate the crime scene before arrests are made, and if it was self defense he probably would have been charged with assault with a deadly weapon, not attempted murder.
But yes, it will all come out eventually.

I don't get your logic, why would he be guilty of assault if it was self defense? If it was painfully obvious that it was self defense there would be no charges whatsoever.

But it's pretty rare for cops or prosecutors to just "assume" self defense, especially in today's political climate if the victim happens to be african american. He'll get his day in court; Cain seems like a good guy and I doubt he'd need to use a gun if his life wasn't threatened.

It is possible, but not likely. They don't just slap on attempted murder right away if that's a good possibility. Part of police's job is to investigate the crime scene before arrests are made, and if it was self defense he probably would have been charged with assault with a deadly weapon, not attempted murder.
But yes, it will all come out eventually.
Wrong. Police will almost always go with the maximum charge then drop it down later. It's easier to do that than charge less and try to increase it later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back