News Cain Velasquez arrested on a charge of attempted murder for shooting at his relatives molester

Should Cain's friends or family have tried to stop him from making a huge mistake?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong. Police will almost always go with the maximum charge then drop it down later. It's easier to do that than charge less and try to increase it later on.

yep, this exactly. Charge maximum and force the defendant to take a plea deal or risk going to court on original charge.

for something like this, will have to stick with tmz for the newest information. they always get the goods.

So now it’s legit attempted murder??

jeez, not even manslaughter?

Update:

Former UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez was arrested Monday on a charge of attempted murder, per the San Jose (California) Police Department. Velasquez allegedly shot another man

San Jose police are investigating a shooting near Monterey Highway and Bailey Avenue, near Sobrato High School.

Sources with direct knowledge of the investigation confirm for NBC Bay Area that the shooting reported Monday involves UFC and WWE star Cain Velasquez.

Police will only say one man has been taken to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries and another man has been arrested. It is unclear how Velasquez is involved.

The former UFC heavyweight champion and wrestling star was born in Salinas and lives in the South Bay.

The shooting, which was reported at 3:14 p.m., happened near the intersection of Monterey Highway and Bailey Avenue, police said.

Further information regarding the shooting wasn't immediately available.

Update:

Although Cain Velasquez's involvement in a shooting that took place Monday remains unclear, online records show that he's being detained in a Santa Clara (Calif.) County jail without bail.

Mod Note: please stay on topic. This is not an excuse to discuss gun control. If you’d like to do so, please head over to the war room where gun control is a welcomed topic. This is the war room thread to discuss political implications or carrying laws: https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/cain-velazquez-arrested-for-shooting.4228945/

<DCWhoa><DCWhoa><DCWhoa><DCWhoa><DCrying><DCrying><DCrying>

California?
I can guarantee you the shooter will be back in his own house before the victim will.

California is still the best place in the world, like it or not. Best weather in the world (San Diego), the best entertainment and concerts, and LA the most diversity in the world you can get women from anywhere

Once the guy stuffed Cain’s first takedown attempt he knew it was gonna be a long night. To his credit, he kept trying whatever he could to go for the finish
Shouldn't be laughing at this but here I am..

This is attempted murder, not assault..
Have you heard of tim lambesis from the band as I lay dying? He tried to have his wife killed, got attempted murder and served 7 years. Nobody actually was physically hurt, he has money, a clean record and his family has money
Cain literally shot a guy. He's not escaping jail.
Pretty sure that happened in Cali too
Similar story in San Jose

O.J. got off because the lead detective was a racist who likely planted evidence and the prosecutors were incompetent. Cali was tough on crime in the 90s.

Don’t forget his defense team was racist as well lol. I still can’t believe they got away with taking the jury on a tour of his house after they “updated” it to make OJ appear more “black”.

The irony in all of this was that OJ was more akin to Mark Fuhrman as he didn’t really like black people.

Everyone should just wait until more details are released before you start taking sides...

Is mocking his mugshot fighter bashing?

Similar story in San Jose

This is a good post and it proves that, regardless of what ppl are opining here (based on their faith in law enforcement), we can see that someone defending themselves and not trying to kill anyone can be charged and held on attempt murder charges. I'm hoping Cain's situation is similar in the sense of him not trying to kill anyone out of simple anger. I'm hoping it's self defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back