Cain Velasquez done with UFC?

looks like brock will finally get his revenge
Spe4Lk.gif

One bounce off the ropes and Cain will collapse from injury.

More like Cain's knees are done with MMA. Dude's body just can't handle it anymore.

There's a press conference going on right now at Mexico City for wrestling promotion AAA. They introduced Cain Velasquez and he signed a contract. He will do pro wrestling on a show called Triplemania in August.. Is he done with UFC? He looks to be the next one to go the pro wrestling route when they can't do MMA anymore.

ufc couldnt stop him. he could be jsut a spokenman in the end. used in marketing maybe he buying into the company.

Hes working for AAA which is a huge promotion in Mexico

"Velasquez appeared Tuesday afternoon at a press conference in Mexico City where it was announced he would make his pro wrestling debut on “TripleMania,” which is the premiere event of the year for the AAA promotion. AAA, founded in 1992, is one of Mexico’s two major pro wrestling groups and ran ultra-successful U.S. events in the early 90s including one of the most acclaimed American pay-per-view events of all-time from Los Angeles in 1994.

The show will take place on Aug. 3 at Arena Ciudad in Mexico City.

No specific match was announced for Velasquez, but teases were done for three different stars of the promotion, meaning it could be a singles match with one of them or a multiple-person match.

Velasquez, a lifelong pro wrestling fan, noted his favorites were El Santo, Mexico’s biggest wrestling legend, and his son, El Hijo del Santo. He had a several day training camp last year with WWE in Orlando, Fla. last year."

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...ez-to-make-pro-wrestling-debut-at-triplemania

he's leaving a growing sport to join a diminishing "sport"

Fake-Wrestling is also pretty tough on the body tbh.....
It's a hell of a lot tougher. There's a reason a lot of pro wrestlers get addicted to hard drugs and pain killers. Slamming yourself on a hard piece of wood with metal springs is not fun at all.

Wait.

The guy who can't stay healthy to fight is going to change careers and go work at a place where guys get injured twice as much and have to be 10x as active?

This makes sense.

Have him be the foreign heel who doesn't speak Spanish and needs a translator.

No way his body holds up wrestling. I know its fake but the landings and falls are real. That dude is way too brittle.

It's a hell of a lot tougher. There's a reason a lot of pro wrestlers get addicted to hard drugs and pain killers. Slamming yourself on a hard piece of wood with metal springs is not fun at all.
I'd say it's tougher, because pro wrestlers perform a lot more often. Idk about this promotion, but the WWE guys get thrown around every week basically.

With his injury prone body and lack of engaging personality/mic skills it makes perfect sense he'd get into pro westling...

There's a press conference going on right now at Mexico City for wrestling promotion AAA. They introduced Cain Velasquez and he signed a contract. He will do pro wrestling on a show called Triplemania in August.. Is he done with UFC? He looks to be the next one to go the pro wrestling route when they can't do MMA anymore.

Looks to be following a few other MMA fighters that are going into professional wrestling:

Frank Mir
Josh Barnett
Dan Severn
Matt Riddle
Ronda
Etc

Can continue doing it till they are 60 and make good money... Severn is 60.

At this point it's a broken record man. I've been seeing complaints about Cain's inactivity since like 2012-2013? I guess the HW division sucks so bad these days that we gotta talk about retirement Cain in 2019.

he's been talking about it for a longgg time now... I'm sure its something he's always dreamed about for much longer than MMA

Back