Cain was once considered the GOAT

He was once my fav. HW fighter. I used to tell everybody he was gonna be the GOAT.

<KingstonFrown>

giphy.gif
This

I remember it like it was yesterday..The period was around 2010-212...Time flies.

Do we still have anyone in that camp, and do you also happen to believe in the steady state theory of the universe?

:D
He was never GOAT.
He had the potential of becoming GOAT.,

People mix up these two.

Cain was considered the best fighter (a favorite over anyone), not the GOAT.

Cain's career crashed before it even started for good sadly.

It just shows that no one can predict shit. Waste of time.

He was overrated, never that good and Werdum proved it.

What? That's exactly when you should evaluate a fighters place as a potential great. Not as they're rising, and not when they're falling.
I figure it's harder to make fair comparisons when looking a prime fighter's record versus an old fallen champ who had a lot of bad performances towards the end of their career.

Let's say we have old champ who once went 20-0, then ended his career going downhill and having an awful 1-8.
Compare him to the current champ who is 20-0. (in a hypothetical where all wins are equal)
The new guy would look way better. But that would be premature to declare him new GOAT, cause he might end up going on 10 straight losses after that.

Last edited:
8-1 vs UFC former HW champs.
1-0 vs UFC former LHW champ.

<Fedor23>

2009 Went to SF instead of the UFC.. And who was waiting for him in the UFC? Cain, JDS and Brock.. In fact he turned down the UFC deal that and would have fought Brock first fight up. So maybe 0-3.. SF he got his brains beat in.

2009 Went to SF instead of the UFC.. And who was waiting for him in the UFC? Cain, JDS and Brock.. In fact he turned down the UFC deal that and would have fought Brock first fight up. So maybe 0-3.. SF he got his brains beat in.

So, He turned down UFC and his paper champ Lesnar (5-2 record) to sign a Strikeforce HW tournament which was the real deal...

003_Heavyweight_Tournament_Fighters-2_original.jpg

So, He turned down UFC and his paper champ Lesnar (5-2 record) to sign a Strikeforce HW tournament which was the real deal...

003_Heavyweight_Tournament_Fighters-2_original.jpg
And got his ass whooped.

Cain, JDS and Brock all whoop that ass..

BTW Brock the champ at the time.

I never saw it. He had a good run, but his big wins came mostly against two people; JDS and Bigfoot.

Cain and JDS ripped through that heavyweight division. What a disappointment their first fight on FOX was...

Back