Call me crazy but even nikita krylov has a chance to be champ right now

Excuse me, am I being delusional for suggesting that this guy has had favorable matches?

On his way to title contention at middleweight he did but LHW doesn't really have any great wrestlers. Krylov is a worse fighter than Blachowicz.

Pereira is a Glover Texeira BJJ blackbelt. I think he can handle Krylov on the ground.
Glover being a great grappler doesn't mean he's a great judge at when he promotes students. Plenty of people have gotten their black belt without deserving it.

Call me crazy, but I believe Nikita Krylov could be champion right now if given the chance for the title. Pereira is a great kickboxer, a powerful puncher with astonishing knockout power. However, what about his ground game? All his fights have been against opponents who didn't try to take the fight to the ground. The only one who attempted was a 40-year-old post-surgery, over-the-hill Blachowicz, and The fight was close ... Then in the next fight Jiri took him down successfully at the end of the first round, but didn't even try in the second. I'm not trying to discredit Pereira's legitimacy, but I do think he's had somewhat of a fortunate path facing opponents who are favorable matches for him. A physically strong guy like Nikita Krylov would give him trouble even if his fight IQ is low. He seems to have shown significant mental and physical improvement in the last fights
No one has attempted to control him by pressing his lanky body against the fence and taking him down. Remember, the first skilled grappler who is smart and crafty enough to do this would dominate Pereira.

Now, we all know that the UFC will never give someone like Krylov a chance to fight for the title because the guy can't sell tickets for anything

I don't think that is correct, most of his opponents tried to take him down. Most did and couldnt do much. Perreira is better defensively on the ground than he's given credit for .

Michaleidis 2/7
Silva 2/8
Izzy 1 1/4
Jan 3/8
Jiri 1/3

Pereira could beat the entire UFC roster in 1 night but also be a can a minute later if he loses.

There is no in between in Sherdog.

I don't think that is correct, most of his opponents tried to take him down. Most did and couldnt do much. Perreira is better defensively on the ground than he's given credit for .

Michaleidis 2/7
Silva 2/8
Izzy 1 1/4
Jan 3/8
Jiri 1/3
Which one of those guys are good grapplers? Jan is the best one and Glover made him look like a can on the ground.

Jan did nothing to Izzy as well when he got him down. Izzy just is 25 lbs smaller than Pereira so he couldn't get back up. Huge difference when it comes to grappling.

Michaleidis 2/7
Silva 2/8
Izzy 1 1/4
Jan 3/8
Jiri 1/3
The good thing about training with Glover is hes good at wrestling AND bjj. So Poatan has a decent bottom game also, probably better than his TDD imo.

Even when people take him down hes good at preventing gnp like we saw vs Jiri and submissions like vs Jan. And he gets up most of the time too

Call me crazy, but I believe Nikita Krylov could be champion right now if given the chance for the title. Pereira is a great kickboxer, a powerful puncher with astonishing knockout power. However, what about his ground game? All his fights have been against opponents who didn't try to take the fight to the ground. The only one who attempted was a 40-year-old post-surgery, over-the-hill Blachowicz, and The fight was close ... Then in the next fight Jiri took him down successfully at the end of the first round, but didn't even try in the second. I'm not trying to discredit Pereira's legitimacy, but I do think he's had somewhat of a fortunate path facing opponents who are favorable matches for him. A physically strong guy like Nikita Krylov would give him trouble even if his fight IQ is low. He seems to have shown significant mental and physical improvement in the last fights
No one has attempted to control him by pressing his lanky body against the fence and taking him down. Remember, the first skilled grappler who is smart and crafty enough to do this would dominate Pereira.

Now, we all know that the UFC will never give someone like Krylov a chance to fight for the title because the guy can't sell tickets for anything
you are crazy.

Remember the most important thing.. styles make fights!!

Paul Craig has a better chance against Alex than Hill, Jiri or Rakic. Yes I know you are thinking WTF, but please remember in MMA styles make fights, those guys are only interested in the striking and they will only strike with Alex, but someone like Craig has no interest in the striking and is quite frankly not very good at it and too slow.. but my God he is crazy good on the ground and remember he doesn't even have to take Alex down, he has this incredible way of grabbing guys and pulling them down on to him and then making it a ground fight.

Back