Calling all coders

What is logical calculus?

Well, it was thirty years ago, but if memory serves, it was learning the mathematical structure of arguments.

Week one we got three pages of formulas.

Well, it was thirty years ago, but if memory serves, it was learning the mathematical structure of arguments.

The structure of mathematical arguments?

And 30 years ago? Damn. ;)

The structure of mathematical arguments?

And 30 years ago? Damn. ;)

I can barely remember it. It was 1986.

You'd take the logic from an argument and render it into an equation, that's about all I remember. The course was an enormous amount of brute force memorization, and I'd have forgotten the first things I memorized as soon as I'd been tested on them.

there are so many different uses for programming (automation, games, scraping, data analysis, web development, tool building etc.) that you ought to focus on one first to gain any sort of proficiency as a programmer. Then get a job where someone will pay you for programming. Once you're in, find other ways to use programming (i.e. whatever your non-programming colleagues are working on) to create value and expand your breadth.

You really, really learned what "going off on a tangent" meant.

Learn Python and SQL -- but there is so much competition and saturation of people who can program in either, its pretty much english now.

If you're looking for job market applicable in the near future: swift or kotlin, even GO would be beneficial.

Also look into R for data science which is always in demand (python helps there as well)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back