• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Calvillo's case teaches us, that fighters have no reason to even try to make weight. Here's why:

They should make it an exhibition fight if the fatty wins but a real fight if the person on weight wins.
That way if you don't make weight you don't get a win and the person on weight doesn't take a loss.
Problem solved.

2. I did put you on ignore, but I took you off after UFC 229 because now I see that the McHaters are a million times worse than the McFanboys. Carry on.

Wait so McWho am I?

They should make it an exhibition fight if the fatty wins but a real fight if the person on weight wins.
That way if you don't make weight you don't get a win and the person on weight doesn't take a loss.
Problem solved.

But UFC needs fights and winners, not exhibitions.

I mean, according to your suggestion:
If X misses weight and beats Y who made weight, who gets the win bones? Only Y? Or both X and Y?

Yes only Y.

If you miss weight win bonus automatically goes to opponent.

I don't care if she wins or lose, makes weight or not. I don't wanna see ugly people. Period.

Wait a bit. This is a recent pandemic and 2018 has the highest winning percentage of weight cutting botches.

People have been missing weight for decades. Champions don't miss weight cause they are disciplined.

Also if there is no consequences why is Prazares fighting at ww?

Yes only Y.

If you miss weight win bonus automatically goes to opponent.

Well, this is nice. Now there should be a reason for UFC to do this, because they don't care.
What would it be?

Maybe no win bonus for anyone in this case? This UFC might like because money

People have been missing weight for decades. Champions don't miss weight cause they are disciplined.

The situation changes now because they clearly do it on PURPOSE. That's a different story. When you do something on purpose, you can be disciplined as well.

Also if there is no consequences why is Prazares fighting at ww?

Honestly? I think because he's a nobody that fought nobodies. Not rankings-wise, he's good. But no relevant names. He's completely unknown to the public.

Calvillo , on the other hand, is their girl. They put her on commercials and pay her nice money (for her position).
Wanna bet she doesn't move up, no matter how many times she misses?

UPDATE: Seems that CABMMA forced Prazeres to move up.
Prazeres fights mainly in Brazil, probably uses the opportunity to be juiced to the gills as well.
Their decision is too important to him.

Last edited:
But UFC needs fights and winners, not exhibitions.

Well they'd still have them, you'd have still seen her win wouldn't you?
They still talk about TUF fighters 'wins' in the house and they're exhibition matches.

Would be interesting if they published cage weights, who knows some of those who missed might actually be the lighter in the cage.

Not paying win bonuses might be an idea, Cynthia would have list $40k+ in that case. All the penalties would just encourage even more dangerous cuts though.

Make rules if you miss weight fight is cancelled and you owe ufc 50% of ur show money. Fighters would be moving up weight classes fast.

Well they'd still have them, you'd have still seen her win wouldn't you?
They still talk about TUF fighters 'wins' in the house and they're exhibition matches.

OK fair enough. So no salary to pay at all?

idk but im about sick of it, and to be honest it takes away from the competition of the sport.

im one of those guys that value martial arts and take the competition seriously. hard to take it serious with the circus it is now and how we have guys fighting in weight classes 50 pounds below their walk around weight. its ridiculous, and it pisses me off even more when the weight bullies win and try to act like its a legitimate win

Well, this is nice. Now there should be a reason for UFC to do this, because they don't care.
What would it be?

Maybe no win bonus for anyone in this case? This UFC might like because money

Nah that still sucks for other guy.

Incentive for UFC should be it’s the right thing to do

Failing to make weight penalty of 20% is stupid, should be at least 50%, I'd be happy with 60%

im one of those guys that value martial arts and take the competition seriously.

One of those very few guys, my friend...

Plus, can you call Calvillo a weight bully? She looked like a corpse on the weigh in, she couldn't walk.
Surely she could've just admit she doesn't belong to 115 and move up, but what for? She cares for herself, she wants to win, and playing by these rules don't get you anywhere - when even your bosses don't care if you play by the rules or not

Back