can fear gas you? was justin scared?

Druken_Vovchanchyn

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I love justin. Hes a warrior. Im not taking shit away from him. hes a monster.. I cant help but feel like he was afraid though. Hes never fought like that ever. He was running for his life, while throwing bombs of course, but running. I looked at my buddy BEFORE THE TAKE DOWN IN r1 and said. "fuck hes breaking him", I think we all knew early on khabib was on a mission. My question is, and its more than just about justin...

Does the anxiety and adrenalin that comes with fear cause you to gas out quicker? something seemed off to me. He didnt seem calculated like justin 2.0. he wasnt in brawler mode like justin 1.0. He was frantic and fighting like a man on borrowed time. Thats what greats do, they make other bad asses look normal. Props to khaib

before you answer. Im of the thinking they are all scared (some more than others), how else would they be brave. I think fear is not only normal, its healthy. None of what i said is a dig at justin or anyone who looked scared during a fight. Thats why ive always loved mma...people think our favorite fighters arent human. They are, they are scared too, they are just bad mfs lol

No, he wasn't scared. His gameplan was very successful, he had Khabib missing strikes and chasing him nearly the entire round while landing his own significant strikes at a 60%+ rate.

The problem was he lacked cardio and has possibly the worst bottom game of any top 10 fighter in the UFC. I think the word is respect, he had massive respect for Khabib's skills and knew he stood no chance off his back. He said as much before the fight, he stuck to his game plan out of respect not fear. He wasn't exactly running, he was circling and following the gameplan.

Last edited:
That's one reason why I always thought Tony matched up well with Khabib. He's crazy and tough as fuck, he wasn't going to mentally crack under the pressure and style of fight.

No, he wasn't scared. His gameplan was very successful, he had Khabib missing strikes and chasing him nearly the entire round while landing his own significant strikes at a 60%+ rate.

The problem was he lacked cardio and has possibly the worst bottom game of any top 10 fighter in the UFC. I think the word is respect, he had massive respect for Khabib's skills and knew he stood no chance off his back. He said as much before the fight, he stuck to his game plan out of respect not fear. He wasn't exactly running, he was circling and following the gameplan.

i can respect that answer lol. a healthy respect of REALTY doesnt mean fear. Then he expended all his energy trying to stop that realtiy from happening. good shit bro

I'd be scared fighting khabib too if I had shit BJJ.

Any TD would be a wrap.

he was so focused on fighting off the TD and running away... while still trying to throw heat off the back foot he gassed himself out.

notice he could never get his breathing pattern right. everytime he tried khabib just pressured him again.

Mentally he seemed to psych himself out, but Gaethje said similar things before the Tony fight. He was talking about how he needed to finish Tony within 3 rounds before his cardio failed him, whatever stress,respect, or anxiety he feels in the octagon seems to propel him to greater heights.
Possibly the worst bottom game in the top 10..? Based on the khabib fight or the 2 seconds total he spent on bottom against everyone else before popping right back up?

Possibly the worst bottom game in the top 10..? Based on the khabib fight or the 2 seconds total he spent on bottom against everyone else before popping right back up?

He has next to no BJJ, I’m sure he’d admit that himself.

Justin was definitely in a bad mindset, every movement he made was unnecessarily explosive, he was very far from calm which is why he was huffing and puffing at the end of the first.

I love justin. Hes a warrior. Im not taking shit away from him. hes a monster.. I cant help but feel like he was afraid though. Hes never fought like that ever. He was running for his life, while throwing bombs of course, but running. I looked at my buddy BEFORE THE TAKE DOWN IN r1 and said. "fuck hes breaking him", I think we all knew early on khabib was on a mission. My question is, and its more than just about justin...

Does the anxiety and adrenalin that comes with fear cause you to gas out quicker? something seemed off to me. He didnt seem calculated like justin 2.0. he wasnt in brawler mode like justin 1.0. He was frantic and fighting like a man on borrowed time. Thats what greats do, they make other bad asses look normal. Props to khaib

before you answer. Im of the thinking they are all scared (some more than others), how else would they be brave. I think fear is not only normal, its healthy. None of what i said is a dig at justin or anyone who looked scared during a fight. Thats why ive always loved mma...people think our favorite fighters arent human. They are, they are scared too, they are just bad mfs lol
Justin probably got paid by the prince
Screenshot_20201026-131800.png To not give khbib the Tony treatment

To answer your question.......Yes, absolutely fear and anxiety can gas you. It can gas you mentally but even physically b/c it messes with your breathing and your heart rate and dumps adrenaline in your blood stream which can mess with your muscles somewhat.. The guys who are calm in there tend to gas less.

Something happened for sure. After the first exchange he looked off and each sequence got worse. With it happening so quickly in the fight it was really odd.

yea easily...even when I was in peak physical condition. I was burned out after a minute into my first sparring match. I just mentally f'd myself. After that, it obviously got easier as I got more comfortable.

At the end of the day, I think Justin was just very much outmatched if Khabib was on point (knowing everything that happened with his father). And I think deep down, he knew it. He knew he had a puncher's chance, but that was about it.

Back